• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the other side of the RG2 report

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People within the Washington Redskins organization flatly denied a Bleacher Report story that indicated that quarterback Robert Griffin III has been unreceptive to coaching. The same people refuted the notion that his father, Robert Griffin Jr., has tried to offer input on what direction the team should go in regarding their next head coach.
Tuesday’s report was the latest in a string of reports that have painted Griffin and other members of the Redskins organization in a negative light. People familiar with the situation believe that those leaking the reports remain intent on lowering the public perception of the second-year quarterback, who struggled this season — a year after winning rookie of the year honors, and less than a full year after having reconstructive surgery on his right knee.
Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan last week decided to bench Griffin for the remainder of the season, claiming that it was more important for Griffin to have a full, healthy offseason program to work on his development than it was for him to get more game reps. That move came days after Shanahan or someone in his camp was believed by Redskins management to have leaked a report that Shanahan almost quit following the 2012 season because he was unhappy with Griffin’s relationship with owner Daniel Snyder.
The Bleacher Report story alleged attitude problems on Griffin’s part, and described his father as meddlesome.
Multiple sources denied the claim that Griffin had blown off the input of quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur after the assistant pointed out sloppy footwork following an incomplete pass. Two said that LaFleur spends games in the coaches booth and that coaches reserve technique coaching for practices and not games.
Three people — speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation — said that Griffin has always been receptive to LaFleur’s insight and that the two have a good relationship.
Robert Griffin Jr.’s close bond with his son has been well-documented, but two sources refuted the notion that the father had tried to meddle in the affairs of the team. The elder Griffin rarely comes to Redskins Park, and this season had only attended one day of training camp practice and none during the regular season.
Griffin Jr. does attend every game, and earlier this season he drew attention to himself when he came into the Redskins’ locker room to check on his son in fear that he had gotten hurt during the loss to the 49ers.
Griffin Jr. this past offseason lobbied through the media for Mike Shanahan and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan to change the offense to help better protect his son from the risk of injury. But since the season started, he has declined interview requests.
The Bleacher Report story claimed that Griffin Jr. had tried to encourage Snyder to hire Baylor Coach Art Briles, who coached his son in college, as Shanahan’s replacement. But two people with knowledge of the situation said that Griffin Jr. has not had talks with Snyder regarding the head coaching position or any other of the franchise’s issues.

Also on The Insider
Fred Davis makes a contribution with Jordan Reed sidelined

so his father has been in the locker room once , only one day of TC practice and no regular season practices man that guy meddles

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so his father has been in the locker room once , only one day of TC practice and no regular season practices man that guy meddles

he might not be in the locker room ... but he is adding to the noise. No reason for Stephen Smith to be getting phone calls from him.

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]413679276353802241[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]413140651383848960[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take it we believed Bill Clinton when he said I did not have sexual realtions with Mrs Lewinski.

What were they supposed to say?? RG3 is uncoachable, his dad does meddle, and Art Briles is now our dream coach. The sooner this season ends and we move onto the next iteration of dysfunction the better. The Redskins are broken (again). Shanahan will be fired, a new coaching staff will be brought in, free agents will be signed, and Snyder will peddle hope and Jerseys to the faithful once again. But its time for a regurlarly schedules break and tune in for the 2014 version of As Ashburn twists.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the article clearly states that he hasnt talked to snyder about any redskins issue
that has been said and taken as gospel by people on this board

i showed the other side

and it has said he has denied numerous interview request

and if he called steven a smith i say whoopity doo that means he talked to one guy

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is, considering how negatively this all looks, would you seriously expect them to do any thing but refute it? Some where in the middle is the truth. Which likely wont come out until they do a football life on Mike Shanahan.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is, considering how negatively this all looks, would you seriously expect them to do any thing but refute it? Some where in the middle is the truth. Which likely wont come out until they do a football life on Mike Shanahan.

do you believe that anyone ever tells the truth ? why is it when some "club insiders " say the negative things that is gospel truth (never mind they could have an ax to grind ) but when they say "no it isnt true " well its because pay checks are on the line blah blah blah

let me clue you in , i say whatever i need to , to my boss if asked and i dont sugar coat a thing

if he shows me the door because he doesnt like or accept what i say then so be it , I WILL find another job

and i am not the only one who feels that way

and i am not a slave to the almighty dollar . i can make way more money then i do if i decided to work year round but i dont because i prefer the family time i am sure i am not the only one who feels that way either

do you know how many of these bloggers have their own agendas ? some are good some are not so good

i am sure half these stories are pure blogger agenda driven BS with little or no research done because journalism is a lost art .

most of which are way overblown

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you believe that anyone ever tells the truth ? why is it when some "club insiders " say the negative things that is gospel truth (never mind they could have an ax to grind ) but when they say "no it isnt true " well its because pay checks are on the line blah blah blah

let me clue you in , i say whatever i need to , to my boss if asked and i dont sugar coat a thing

if he shows me the door because he doesnt like or accept what i say then so be it , I WILL find another job

and i am not the only one who feels that way

and i am not a slave to the almighty dollar . i can make way more money then i do if i decided to work year round but i dont because i prefer the family time i am sure i am not the only one who feels that way either

do you know how many of these bloggers have their own agendas ? some are good some are not so good

i am sure half these stories are pure blogger agenda driven BS with little or no research done because journalism is a lost art .

most of which are way overblown

Skinsdad, I believe that the majority of the time people will color any situation to put themselves or those that they support in the best possible light. Now not always, but in situations where large amounts of money and ego are involved, people will do and or say what ever it takes.

Personally I could care less about these leaks from un-named sources on either side. I base my opinion off of what the actual principals in all of this have done and or said themselves.

Blunt8384

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad, I believe that the majority of the time people will color any situation to put themselves or those that they support in the best possible light. Now not always, but in situations where large amounts of money and ego are involved, people will do and or say what ever it takes.

Personally I could care less about these leaks from un-named sources on either side. I base my opinion off of what the actual principals in all of this have done and or said themselves.

You have to take all the information and connect the dots. When I hear somthing I may not believe it initially but when I take into account numerous accounts collectively a picture of the truth begins to form. Last year I noticed little hints of conceitedness and arrogance which I chose to ignore. This year it became way more profound and subtle Griffen never seeming to take responsibility for the way he performed and his mannerisms in general. I live in the area and attend all the games, I have heard the rumors from the texting the hooters girl, to him smoking mary J, people that have interacted with him in a customer service capacity saying he is very rude. Of course I don't know "if" ANY of it is true, but, it concerns me that there is so much chatter. Certain guys like Art Monk or Derrel Green or even a player of lower stature like a Mark Brunnel, a person would just dismiss the story as garbage immediately. Even a guy like a Kirk Cousens I would be less inclined to believe a rumor. I don't think RG3 has come off as very likable because of how much he hypes himself. He might be another one with a God complex. Work hard, perform on the field and the accolades will come. London Fletcher is the perfect model of how Griffen should behave if he wants to be a HOF type player.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think RG3 has come off as very likable because of how much he hypes himself. He might be another one with a God complex.

All great players get knocked for being arrogant. Players such as Art Monk are the exception.

All he needs to do is win. It's not cocky if you back it up.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All great players get knocked for being arrogant. Players such as Art Monk are the exception.

All he needs to do is win. It's not cocky if you back it up.

I have never heard Peyton being called arrogant.

I have never heard Steve Young or Joe Montana being called arrogant.

I never heard Walter Payton or AP being arrogant.

I never heard Jerry Rice or Megatron being arrogant.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never heard Peyton being called arrogant.

I have never heard Steve Young or Joe Montana being called arrogant.

I never heard Walter Payton or AP being arrogant.

I never heard Jerry Rice or Megatron being arrogant.

Because they backed it up ? Peyton is an old man & has matured now ... but I'm sure if you go back to his college days he was a cocky SOB too.

Two greatest athletes of our time are Muhammad Ali & Michael Jordan.

Being overly confident is not necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaintGibbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the rumors that RGJR told Snyder (both are big fans of Breaking Bad), that if Snyder would give him enough money to start his on Meth ring, he'd stop following Shanahan around on the sidelines and screaming plays over his shoulder into Shanahan's headset.

I also heard that RGIII tripped a blind dude and scissor kicked his seeing eye dog somewhere in Dupont Circle. Now, that's unverified, but RGIII's people haven't commented on it, and if they're not commenting, there MUST BE some validity to it.

Also, unnamed sources, who spoke on condition anonymity and a pinky swear indicated that people that buy into rumors are usually simple minded folk, probably kind at nature, but typically bitter, sad and ineffectual.

Blunt8384

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they backed it up ? Peyton is an old man & has matured now ... but I'm sure if you go back to his college days he was a cocky SOB too.

Two greatest athletes of our time are Muhammad Ali & Michael Jordan.

Being overly confident is not necessarily a bad thing.

Football is more of a team sport. Basketball is a team sport granted but it is more of a star driven game. One great player makes more of an impact.

Blunt8384

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the rumors that RGJR told Snyder (both are big fans of Breaking Bad), that if Snyder would give him enough money to start his on Meth ring, he'd stop following Shanahan around on the sidelines and screaming plays over his shoulder into Shanahan's headset.

I also heard that RGIII tripped a blind dude and scissor kicked his seeing eye dog somewhere in Dupont Circle. Now, that's unverified, but RGIII's people haven't commented on it, and if they're not commenting, there MUST BE some validity to it.

Also, unnamed sources, who spoke on condition anonymity and a pinky swear indicated that people that buy into rumors are usually simple minded folk, probably kind at nature, but typically bitter, sad and ineffectual.

Whats the difference? These unamed "sources" and "leaks" have been slandering Shanahan since the begining and nobody wants to take anything that he says at face value. Its the same thing.