• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The only thing i learned from the pro bowl

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 10 minutes that I watched was that the Seahawks defense is the first since the 85 bears to hold the triple crown and lead the league in yards, points and turnovers. Not bad company.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT, its really not that great of a defense. its pretty mediocre up front with a decent secondary.

/bronco fan

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT, its really not that great of a defense. its pretty mediocre up front with a decent secondary.

/bronco fan

So let's just lump all Bronco fans into the same category? Not all Bronco fans view Seattle's defense that way in fact knowing thousands of Bronco fans myself I would say only a handful have even come close to saying that. Seattle has a great defense and deserves all the credit for putting together such a great unit.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's just lump all Bronco fans into the same category? Not all Bronco fans view Seattle's defense that way in fact knowing thousands of Bronco fans myself I would say only a handful have even come close to saying that. Seattle has a great defense and deserves all the credit for putting together such a great unit.

Thats a nice sentiment but I have been hearing this all week, from bronco fans and the media.

I cant even count the number of predictions that have the Broncos scoring 30+ points. Which is not happening.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a nice sentiment but I have been hearing this all week, from bronco fans and the media.

I cant even count the number of predictions that have the Broncos scoring 30+ points. Which is not happening.

Isn't a statement like this exactly what you are mad about for bronco and media people saying? You speak as if it is an absolute and it isn't. The broncos could get a couple of turnovers and score a few extra points or they do have one of the more dangerous kick returners in the game. You never know what is going to happen. Even if the broncos score thirty plus in this game it doesn't make your defense bad just means they met up with a good offense and maybe made a mistake here and there.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offense always get s the benefit of the doubt.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't a statement like this exactly what you are mad about for bronco and media people saying? You speak as if it is an absolute and it isn't. The broncos could get a couple of turnovers and score a few extra points or they do have one of the more dangerous kick returners in the game. You never know what is going to happen. Even if the broncos score thirty plus in this game it doesn't make your defense bad just means they met up with a good offense and maybe made a mistake here and there.

If the broncos are scoring 30+ they will need a special teams and defensive TD. If you go back and look at the teams that have scored 30+ on us over the past 3 years they all included special teams and defensive scores with the exception of the Falcons in last years playoff game. That said, this defense is much better than the defense that played in Atlanta without Chris Clemons and before we added Avril and Bennet.

Our special teams doesnt give up anything either. Almost set the record for least punt return yards given up in a season and our kickoff team is just as good.

Its easy to sit back and say the Broncos will score 30+ because they have Manning, but look closely at what this defense has done and it should be a no brainer that scoring 30+ is going to be extremely difficult.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's any more likely that the Broncos score 30+ in this game than it is that the Seahawks shut them out. In other words, I don't think either scenario is going to happen.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. One of the guys on NFL network said that this defense is going to be Manning's kryptonite. Every receiver/coverage matchup is pretty much tilted in our favor and we've shut down Graham twice and Vernon Davis 3 times. Everyone in the back 7 can cover.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it this way, if the Hawks hold Manning to 250 and just 2 TD's with a int for the game we should be in good shape. Manning hasn't faced a D like ours so it'll be interesting to see how dynamic the Broncs offense is while being constantly under pressure.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to say Manning will score 30+, as long as you ignore what teams D they faced and overall SOS.

And I want all the Manning nut swingers to keeping with that.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to the Pro Bowl... I wasn't able to watch much of it, but from what I did see it seemed to be the most competitive Pro Bowl in years. I actually liked the format change and some of the rule changes in the game itself, though it was weird to see teammates lining up against each other in a game setting. I'm not sure what made the players play harder (maybe it was fear of letting down an NFL legend or maybe it was the opportunity to go up against a teammate in a game instead of practice or maybe it was the fact that defenses were allowed to do more than usual for a Pro Bowl), but whatever it was, it was nice to see an actual game rather than a glorified practice. About the only thing they could have done without were those highlighter inspired uniforms. They were hideous. If I hadn't been switched back-and-forth between the Seahawks' arrival/press conferences, I probably would have watched the whole game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to get rid of it. The players don't want to risk injury and nobody watches it to begin with so why bother. I'd be more interested if they did some AFC/NFC thing like Battle of the Network Stars and watch them play Simon Says.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone says nobody watches it, but I recall last year more people watched the probowl than watched all the world series games that year combined.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone says nobody watches it, but I recall last year more people watched the probowl than watched all the world series games that year combined.

Yeah, saw that the pro bowl on sunday got higher ratings than game 7 of last year's Heat/Pacer's Eastern Conference Finals.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if it was the case that nobody was watching it, they'd have just done away with it instead of re-working it. I think that it was more a case of the fans being more into it than the players were by 2012 and that the players' waning interest was the reason behind the changes.