• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NHL Really Doesnt Like Us

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 3rd time in these playoffs they bring up the 94 ECF. Not one of there "history" segments included ANY of the Devils wins

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're saving all of the Ray Bourque, Avalanche commercials for the finals.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know ill agree that loosing the cup 01 sucked but was still semi happy for bourque, BUT, then I've come to learn he's a bit of a jerk in person, and his son, Chris, is a shining example of it rubbing off on the kids. I now just get pissed

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm still waiting for them to list the Devils - Sens series in 03.

I haven't seen a bigger team effort given to beat a much more talented squad since then.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That available team was one of the better roster well.... ever, maybe as good as pull find since the 90's too now

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's sad the the only thing people remember about the Devils and the finals are dip shits goal in OT in 94 and Bourque winning it against us

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils destroyed the Avs in both regular season matchups during that 2000-2001 season. Lets not forget, that Devils team was just as good as that Avs team and probably the best team the Devils have ever had. But it didn't matter in the Finals because Ray Dork wasn't leaving without the Cup. This is why I rooted for Dallas in the 2000 WCF's even though they were a great team and the defending Champs. We beat Philly in game 7 on Friday May 26 and the Western Conference game 7 was the following night. I knew if Colorado had won that, Ray Dork was winning the Cup.

Go back and watch game 7 of the 2001 SCF. Focus on the 3rd period. Tell me the officiating wasn't biased. I 'm thrilled the Devils have won 3 Cups. To me though, it should be 4. It could be more if you count 94 but that team was nowhere even close to be as good as 01. Randy McKay breaking his hand in game 1 really hurt and the Devils played poorly in a few of those games. However, Peter Forsberg didn't even play a game in those Finals. When Scott Gomez just blindly passes the puck into the center of the rink to avoid getting crushed by Chris Dingman and Adam Foote picks up the puck and blasts it by Marty its tough to win. But the Avs made mistakes as well. Patty Wah coughing the puck up behind the net for example. That Finals was about Ray Dork before the Finals, after the Finals and it will always be about Ray Dork. We didn't have a chance even though it went 7 games to make it look interesting.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still waiting for them to list the Devils - Sens series in 03.

I haven't seen a bigger team effort given to beat a much more talented squad since then.

If you have the 03 Stanley Cup DVD (which is terrible), they have this game in its entirety in the special features. Even if we had lost it was one of the best back and forth games I've ever watched.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm glad we are bringing this up. The 2001 devils team is hands down the greatest team in devils history plain and simple. I dont believe the nhl was against the devils in the finals in 01. They did have game 6 at home to wrap it up. Biggest choke job in devils history and 100% of the blame was on Marty he gave up what 4 goals on 15 shots? I was at the game he was giving up wristers from the blue line! Series was over after that game. Now granted gomez kick in disallowed goal didn't help it could've gone either way. Still game 6 at home u have to finish it off

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total choke job in that series. It doesn't help that Nieds was playing with a concussion and Stevens was completely gassed after spending a series shutting down Mario and Jagr.