• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The next Generation of Fans

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the local news on channel 2 here in SF. They had a cute story on a little boy named Cameron who lives in San Carlos ,CA and has to be the most knowledgeable 2 yr old in the history of Giants fans. His Dad tells the story of Cameron and how he was feisty in the car even when he had music playing but when he put the Giants game on Cameron would be quiet and listen intensely to the broadcast. This kid knows all the Giants by name and their position. He loves the game at such a young age and his love shines through especially in his first interview of his life for TV.

He has a great swing from the left side and Sabean should keep tabs on him because this kid is hooked on the Giants. His Dad had a big smile and you can tell that they will be sharing the game of Baseball for a long time to come. Passing on the game to the younger generation is why baseball will never die and is only getting stronger here in the Bay Area. Over the last few years with the popularity of the SF Giants has made kids more interested in the game and enrollment in Little League has risen.

Something the Giants can be proud of as they support Junior Giants as players like Buster Posey have donated gloves for kids who don't have one. The Giants also have a glove drive every year to collect used gloves from fans and also donations of money for the kids. It is one of the best things over the year to participate in. This year I think they might of set a record for donations of gloves and money.

It feels good to see a kid like Cameron enjoy the game at such a young age. The kid is lucky...he has a Championship in his back pocket after only two years of life. I had to wait many years along with his father so I hope he enjoys the ride while it lasts. My Dad passed the game to me and I will always be thankful that he loved the game also. These last five years have been a real blast and it's fun to see the next generation get pumped up about baseball and the Giants.

Hey I have said it before and I will say it forever. Baseball is the greatest game ever invented and hopefully the next generation will discover that too. Good Luck to Cameron and I hope he enjoys the game. Baseball is my oldest friend in the World and friends are cool to have.

Go Giants !!

:clap::yo::yes:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the local news on channel 2 here in SF. They had a cute story on a little boy named Cameron who lives in San Carlos ,CA and has to be the most knowledgeable 2 yr old in the history of Giants fans. His Dad tells the story of Cameron and how he was feisty in the car even when he had music playing but when he put the Giants game on Cameron would be quiet and listen intensely to the broadcast. This kid knows all the Giants by name and their position. He loves the game at such a young age and his love shines through especially in his first interview of his life for TV.

He has a great swing from the left side and Sabean should keep tabs on him because this kid is hooked on the Giants. His Dad had a big smile and you can tell that they will be sharing the game of Baseball for a long time to come. Passing on the game to the younger generation is why baseball will never die and is only getting stronger here in the Bay Area. Over the last few years with the popularity of the SF Giants has made kids more interested in the game and enrollment in Little League has risen.

Something the Giants can be proud of as they support Junior Giants as players like Buster Posey have donated gloves for kids who don't have one. The Giants also have a glove drive every year to collect used gloves from fans and also donations of money for the kids. It is one of the best things over the year to participate in. This year I think they might of set a record for donations of gloves and money.

It feels good to see a kid like Cameron enjoy the game at such a young age. The kid is lucky...he has a Championship in his back pocket after only two years of life. I had to wait many years along with his father so I hope he enjoys the ride while it lasts. My Dad passed the game to me and I will always be thankful that he loved the game also. These last five years have been a real blast and it's fun to see the next generation get pumped up about baseball and the Giants.

Hey I have said it before and I will say it forever. Baseball is the greatest game ever invented and hopefully the next generation will discover that too. Good Luck to Cameron and I hope he enjoys the game. Baseball is my oldest friend in the World and friends are cool to have.

Go Giants !!

:clap::yo::yes:
One of the reasons I think they need to speed it up. The young have no interest in anything that is not instantanious.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons I think they need to speed it up. The young have no interest in anything that is not instantanious.

Baseball cannot compete with Football or basketball on the "speed it up" front. Baseball is something completely different.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball cannot compete with Football or basketball on the "speed it up" front. Baseball is something completely different.

Some off-the-top-of-my-head suggestions that, for the true baseball fan, could range from irritating to downright blasphemous:

1. A clock on the pitcher.

2. Limit between-innings warmups.

3. Like childhood kickball, three fouls and you're out (perhaps after you get two strikes).

4. Three balls equals a walk.

5. One extra inning only. After that it's a tie.

:behindsofa:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some off-the-top-of-my-head suggestions that, for the true baseball fan, could range from irritating to downright blasphemous:

3. Like childhood kickball, three fouls and you're out (perhaps after you get two strikes).

1. Meh

2. Won't happen. That bites into commercial time.

3. Won't happen.

4. Won't happen.

5. Won't happen.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that worries me. But there are things that can be done. I love the pitch clock idea. It'll never fly with the MLB prima donnas but I like the idea.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, but does everyone get a juice box?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully agreed and I sometimes worry that the game is too slow for younger kids and busy parents. I think I would support a pitch clock but everything else about baseball is too good to screw up