• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NCAA's Blind Eye Attitude Toward The SEC

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton 'didn't know' what daddy was doing

Suitgate scandal... Bama player arriving in brand new taylored suits and magically all of these signed items appear for sale in a local suit store. Did the NCAA even ask the question?

Trent Richardson speeding in his brand new $45,000 SUV because the giant ass rims screwed up his speedometer... was there an investigation?

Players on video purchasing what they believed to be HGH at Bama, LSU, Auburn and Georgia... big news and a few weeks later it just poof... gone from all news.

Now Johnny Football (I just had to pay $2 to to the Manziel family to write that) signs over 4,400 autographs out of generosity.

discuss......

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't give a shit. Football is back. Line up your best 22 and let's fuckin do this!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton 'didn't know' what daddy was doing

Suitgate scandal... Bama player arriving in brand new taylored suits and magically all of these signed items appear for sale in a local suit store. Did the NCAA even ask the question?

Trent Richardson speeding in his brand new $45,000 SUV because the giant ass rims screwed up his speedometer... was there an investigation?

Players on video purchasing what they believed to be HGH at Bama, LSU, Auburn and Georgia... big news and a few weeks later it just poof... gone from all news.

Now Johnny Football (I just had to pay $2 to to the Manziel family to write that) signs over 4,400 autographs out of generosity.

discuss......

Students can still get student loans and qualify for other financial aid. Car loans are especially easy to get, as in you don't even need credit to buy your first one. Quit thinking that anyone who has a little money is getting paid.

Trent Richardson was in a 2007 Yukon, not a 2011. Which you can get for under $20,000.

A Total Waste of Blog: Trent Richardson's Yukon May Not Actually Be As Pimp As SportsByBrooks Would Have You Believe

You gotta quit listening to people like Brooks who just drum up stories.

"Suitgate" was investigated, there was nothing to it. The NCAA didn't even have to ask the question because Alabama was already on it and answered it.

No evidence about JFF.

The deer antler thing was just funny. Again, no proof anyone bought or used anything.

I'm not saying stuff doesn't happen, but it happens everywhere and it's a matter of what can be proven and what can't.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Cochran says....if there ain't no receipt, he didn't cheat.

Last edited by a moderator:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Students can still get student loans and qualify for other financial aid. Car loans are especially easy to get, as in you don't even need credit to buy your first one. Quit thinking that anyone who has a little money is getting paid.

Trent Richardson was in a 2007 Yukon, not a 2011. Which you can get for under $20,000.

A Total Waste of Blog: Trent Richardson's Yukon May Not Actually Be As Pimp As SportsByBrooks Would Have You Believe

You gotta quit listening to people like Brooks who just drum up stories.

"Suitgate" was investigated, there was nothing to it. The NCAA didn't even have to ask the question because Alabama was already on it and answered it.

No evidence about JFF.

The deer antler thing was just funny. Again, no proof anyone bought or used anything.

I'm not saying stuff doesn't happen, but it happens everywhere and it's a matter of what can be proven and what can't.

Johnny Cochran says....if there is no receipt, he did not cheat.

Someone with no income and no cosigner will have a very hard time getting a loan. Well that is up north, maybe the loan rules are different down south.

I like how the article says "may". I can put a "may" on anything. 4down20 may be a woman in a mans body. See how that works.

"Suitgate" was investigated by Bama and they said nothing to see here. Well I really think the pics show different. The NCAA didn't have to ask?

rolltide has my 1st and 2nd favorite post ever now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes yes, give me more tears, they taste so great

250px-Scott_Tenorman_tears_South_Park.jpg

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the butt hurt continues.

Sorry Hammer.

:happy:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone with no income and no cosigner will have a very hard time getting a loan. Well that is up north, maybe the loan rules are different down south.

I like how the article says "may". I can put a "may" on anything. 4down20 may be a woman in a mans body. See how that works.

"Suitgate" was investigated by Bama and they said nothing to see here. Well I really think the pics show different. The NCAA didn't have to ask?

rolltide has my 1st and 2nd favorite post ever now.

A student can get student loans. It only takes $3600 to make a year of payments on a car at $300 a month.

The whole suit thing is stupid, and if you think Alabama is just ignoring this shit then you are the one who isn't paying attention. Saban suspended a 1st round draft pick right before a Bowl game for violations that would make the player ineligible. If there was a problem, it would have been reported and dealt with. Especially in the case of suitgate since the only punishment would have been something along the lines of having to pay for the suit and maybe a 1 game suspension. Yet people like you want to pretend like Alabama covered it up? Retarded.

You guys think the kids need to look like bums and have nothing or something is going on. Try taking a look at your own schools and do a little research into how these things work.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like throwing stones in a glass house... trolling at its finest.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A student can get student loans. It only takes $3600 to make a year of payments on a car at $300 a month.

The whole suit thing is stupid, and if you think Alabama is just ignoring this shit then you are the one who isn't paying attention. Saban suspended a 1st round draft pick right before a Bowl game for violations that would make the player ineligible. If there was a problem, it would have been reported and dealt with. Especially in the case of suitgate since the only punishment would have been something along the lines of having to pay for the suit and maybe a 1 game suspension. Yet people like you want to pretend like Alabama covered it up? Retarded.

You guys think the kids need to look like bums and have nothing or something is going on. Try taking a look at your own schools and do a little research into how these things work.

It is not even that..

He could have gotten deferred credit... if you were a banker.. and this kid walks in looking for a car loan.. and has no current job, but you know full well he will get millions in the coming years... and he is dumb enough to sign a 30% interest contract. Would you not give him a loan and defer the payments? And if you have no ties to the University...

So, I know what you are saying... that is against NCAA rules. Ok, I agree.

Now, lets say his mom walks in... would you extend her the same loan? Probably?

Still too close for comfort... maybe an uncle?

All this stuff goes on at every University... even Pryor had multiple cars while at OSU. And even if they weren't the most expensive cars.. there is a transaction cost everytime you change (which is why people don't change that often)... so if you are telling me he could afford to blow $2-3k every year for a new car plus depreciation...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not even that..

He could have gotten deferred credit... if you were a banker.. and this kid walks in looking for a car loan.. and has no current job, but you know full well he will get millions in the coming years... and he is dumb enough to sign a 30% interest contract. Would you not give him a loan and defer the payments? And if you have no ties to the University...

So, I know what you are saying... that is against NCAA rules. Ok, I agree.

Now, lets say his mom walks in... would you extend her the same loan? Probably?

Still too close for comfort... maybe an uncle?

All this stuff goes on at every University... even Pryor had multiple cars while at OSU. And even if they weren't the most expensive cars.. there is a transaction cost everytime you change (which is why people don't change that often)... so if you are telling me he could afford to blow $2-3k every year for a new car plus depreciation...

You have some maybes in there. When Pryor had his it was investigated, did that happen here?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, this A&M situation has shown all schools that it is best to fight the NCAA. If you play ball with them, they will punish you. If you fight them, you can avoid most sanctions.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread stinks of butthurt

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, this A&M situation has shown all schools that it is best to fight the NCAA. If you play ball with them, they will punish you. If you fight them, you can avoid most sanctions.
If nothing else this A&M situation has shown all schools that if your players breaks the rules its best for everyone to play dumb and hope there is no paper trail. If you tell the truth you get punished, if you lie you can get away with most things. Good lesson.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am not sure that is the lesson here. Dez Bryant got a a yr for lying about a dinner, which was not even a violation. USC got hammered. OSU got hammered. Oregon got a slap on the wrist for violations that actually had to do with football. Generally I think it is best to cooperate. There is an exception. I will call it the "money clause". You can fight the NCAA if you are going to be involved in a highly anticipated match-up. Cam ruling changed prior precedent. Player was no longer responsible if family received benefits. Guessing it would have been hard to suspend the highest profile player on a NC contender. Or to suspend Auburn from the NC game. It would have severely hurt the CFB reputation and cash-flow. JFF is in this area. Bama and A&M has been hyped as the biggest game of the yr. Killing it would take honor.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else this A&M situation has shown all schools that if your players breaks the rules its best for everyone to play dumb and hope there is no paper trail. If you tell the truth you get punished, if you lie you can get away with most things. Good lesson.

Tis still a better strategy to use the Auburn/ARod Excuse: My cousin/daddy did it.