• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Monday Morning rehash

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK two things I will point out.

We did this without Reed and Kelly playing. Let that sink in for a moment. This team has depth and talent.

A Doctson sighting. Boy has not done a whole lot, but what he did do last night was helpful and impressive on that TD grab.

Bonus... Its so nice to not have half the posts on a Monday morning lamenting the many ways we suck. :D

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK two things I will point out.

We did this without Reed and Kelly playing. Let that sink in for a moment. This team has depth and talent.

A Doctson sighting. Boy has not done a whole lot, but what he did do last night was helpful and impressive on that TD grab.

Bonus... Its so nice to not have half the posts on a Monday morning lamenting the many ways we suck. :D
Doctson is a real athlete and can make plays. But, damn, we have got to get our wide outs more involved in our offense. Pryor is another great athlete, but his route running is very suspect. And his hands are also. I hate to admit this, but Ryan Grant may be our most consistent wide out right now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Doctson sighting was just a taste.

We saw Pryor last season with garbage at QB. We know he is better than he has shown. He isn't a natural WR and in a complex timing offense it will take some time.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Doctson sighting was just a taste.

We saw Pryor last season with garbage at QB. We know he is better than he has shown. He isn't a natural WR and in a complex timing offense it will take some time.

I will say this about Pryor.

Its possible he feasted on a whole lot of broken plays last year where shit went side ways and he was able to get open and bail his QB out. So yea I agree it may take a bit for him to adjust to a timing based offense as we run. And I still think he and Cousins arent quite on the same page yet.

If Pryor and Doctson get going, and Reed gets healthy... could be fun to watch.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Pryor.

Its possible he feasted on a whole lot of broken plays last year where shit went side ways and he was able to get open and bail his QB out. So yea I agree it may take a bit for him to adjust to a timing based offense as we run. And I still think he and Cousins arent quite on the same page yet.

If Pryor and Doctson get going, and Reed gets healthy... could be fun to watch.
If the above happens, could be the best 1-2 punch in the league.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the best 1-2 punch.....but if they do get going we may very well have the best 1,2,3,4 and 5 punch in the league (Pryor, Doctson, Crowder, reed, and thompson).

If so then you have to give a lot of credit to Gruden & Cousins. They lost their O coordinator & top 2 WRs yet still appear able to do alright offensively. The key appears to be having a good O line & at least the hint of a running game (& also having a unique weapon like Thompson).

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so then you have to give a lot of credit to Gruden & Cousins. They lost their O coordinator & top 2 WRs yet still appear able to do alright offensively. The key appears to be having a good O line & at least the hint of a running game (& also having a unique weapon like Thompson).
I GIVE credit to Gruden, staff and ALL the players (including practice squad) because that was a complete team victory!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You absolutely have to give those 2 guys credit also. Gruden has really done a good job with the game plan the last 2 weeks. While the running game isn't always as effective as we would like, it takes its toll on the defense by just wearing them out. It also opens up the play action. And KC just plain made some great throws last night. That first TD pass to Davis was a great read and an even better throw. There are many QBs in this league that don't make that read and throw.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now guys we have to start putting these games together and play consistently . last nite was one game and one game only . the only downer in last nights game was penalties . they will cost us in the future if we dont clean it up

big step last night proud of the team

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you have to do is look at scores from yesterday to know that on any given week in the NFL .....

Two TOs was a downer last night but there is little to pick at other than that. We have to get Doc and TP up to speed still. Hell of a play by Doc though.