• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Iron Claw

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lifelong Von Erich fan who grew up watching their entire run, this actually looks good. Only gripe I got is Efron looks more like Kerry than Kevin

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like its gonna be really good

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lifelong Von Erich fan who grew up watching their entire run, this actually looks good. Only gripe I got is Efron looks more like Kerry than Kevin
Kevin was a tall, lanky looking goofball. Kerry was the properly portioned super-star-looking one. Making Kerry the somewhat goofy looking one is a bit jarring for me here as well. But I will certainly see this movie. Wrestling movies tend to actually be pretty good (The Wrestler, Fighting With My Family)

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who spent more than a few nights at the world famous Sportatorium in the 70’s and 80’s...

I wasn’t really sure how this was going to play out. But if the movie is to the level of the trailer, I can’t wait to see it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin was a tall, lanky looking goofball. Kerry was the properly portioned super-star-looking one. Making Kerry the somewhat goofy looking one is a bit jarring for me here as well. But I will certainly see this movie. Wrestling movies tend to actually be pretty good (The Wrestler, Fighting With My Family)

It's also A24. They don't miss, no matter the subject matter

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen it. It's pretty good. Not as much wrestling as I thought it would be considering all I've read about how hard the actors trained but they did recreate a couple of matches. Pacing is a little off at times and I could see how that might mess up a person who has no prior knowledge of the story being able to form more connections to the characters. I'd say its a solid B+.

The guy they got to play Ric Flair though is terrible. Cannot believe they went with that. There's got to be like 100 actors out there that could do a better job

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot about the all time classic Ready to Rumble. :lol:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot about the all time classic Ready to Rumble. :lol:
Not sure why that movie got so much hate. If Arquette didn’t go onto to the win the title, I think that movie would be seen a lot different.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen it. It's pretty good. Not as much wrestling as I thought it would be considering all I've read about how hard the actors trained but they did recreate a couple of matches. Pacing is a little off at times and I could see how that might mess up a person who has no prior knowledge of the story being able to form more connections to the characters. I'd say its a solid B+.

The guy they got to play Ric Flair though is terrible. Cannot believe they went with that. There's got to be like 100 actors out there that could do a better job
seen a spoiler................

Worst casting ever

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it and loved it. The guy that played Ric Flair definitely was the worst part of the movie.
I think I missed MJF’s part or it was a blink and I missed it moment. Unless it was cut out.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it and loved it. The guy that played Ric Flair definitely was the worst part of the movie.
I think I missed MJF’s part or it was a blink and I missed it moment. Unless it was cut out.
Allegedly they had to cut basically his entire role for time. This is the kind of movie I wish that somehow they could make series out of it but also had a movie. There is plenty of material to make more than one movie

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a blink and you'll miss it moment. He's in one of the multi-man matches midway thru the film. Sorta on the right side of the screen in the scene, wearing pinkish or orangeish tights. I totally would have missed it if I wasn't specifically looking for him, but since I knew he, Chavo, and Ryan Nemeth were all in the movie, I made it a point to pay extra attention during any matches to see if I could see them