• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The horror- a Grant Cohn column I agree with.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with parts but not completely.

Saying this is "Roman's offense" also is saying the good as well as the bad should go to him so it works both ways.

So you can't just gloss over the fact we were 13-3 and in the NFC championship last season with basically the same talent on offense that failed miserably the previous season. Or the fact this seasons offense has done reasonable well so far.

The problem with Roman is when he has an off week he reeeaaalllyyyy has an off week. So bad that it's just completely baffling how it could be masterful one week and a complete head scratcher the next.

The Rams game had to be the worst game he's called because I felt it completely ignored the whole reason you went with CK in the first place. If you were just going to hand the ball off to Gore and hit short passes you might as well had Smith in there. The whole reason you had CK in there is for games exactly like this when the run game is getting shutdown you can open it up with the passing attack since CK should be a more effective and dangerous passer.

I agree, especially with the pitch play, that this was the worst game he's called. But I'd like to know how much of this was Fisher's strategy, how much of it was trying to force Kaep into plays/philosophy used with Smith, etc. I'm too tired to write a novel now, but I've been wondering how much Harbaugh and Roman's philosophies that Smith has so thuroughly bought into has shaped our modest production - obviously much is due to Smith, but the more games like this we have with Kaep (and this was just one game), the more is sheds light on the QB play when Smith was starting. Not an excuse, just a look at a few things.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our formula is this: We go out, we hit people in the mouth, No. 1.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have it all wrong.

Step 1: Get winners
Step 2: Hit people in the mouff
Step 3: Run, run, cloud of dust
Step 4: Victory?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have it all wrong.

Step 1: Get winners
Step 2: Hit people in the mouff
Step 3: Run, run, cloud of dust
Step 4: Akers misses kick
Step 5: debate whether alex smith should be a starter in the nfl

there, fixed

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note, Glen Coffee's younger brother, Matt Coffee, plays for South Carolina.

What do you think? I think we should draft him. :first:

the best run coffee ever made for us was running off with our money