• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The horror- a Grant Cohn column I agree with.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem with LaMichael James and A.J. Jenkins

I understood sitting these two earlier in the season, if they're not playing now with the injuries I'm going to start questioning this. :L:L

now with the injury to Manningham, i'll have to adjust my opinion too. yeah, we should see Jenkins in the next game. doesn't need to be a lot of reps, but he should be getting action now.

if we go out and sign a FA WR, AND play him instead of Jenkins.......yikes!

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No getting around it; the 49ers missed badly with this draft.

how can you say that when we havent even saw them play yet. The coaching staff needs to let them have this opportunity.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No getting around it; the 49ers missed badly with this draft.

I don't think it's fair to say that they missed on the draft because we haven't seen them yet. Maybe we can say they haven't handled the players from the draft well, but still far too early to say they "missed."

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can you say that when we havent even saw them play yet. The coaching staff needs to let them have this opportunity.

That's why I can say it. Can you imagine a first round pick getting beaten out by Ted Ginn? And James getting beaten out by the likes of Dixon and Jacobs? They've got to have shown abssolutely nothing in camp or practice for that to have happened.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's why I can say it. Can you imagine a first round pick getting beaten out by Ted Ginn? And James getting beaten out by the likes of Dixon and Jacobs? They've got to have shown abssolutely nothing in camp or practice for that to have happened.

Yeah kinda agree with this.

They are going to need to make a lot of progression from where they are supposedly right now to save the draft picks

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he can run a toss sweep and possibly get around the edge. That alone is worth a play.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, no kidding. Wish we had some Marleau bashing as a distraction.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If Jenkins and James are not ready to contribute, Trent Baalke did the 49ers a disservice by drafting them. There were plenty of wide receivers he could have drafted who could help the 49ers win the Super Bowl this season – Chris Givens, Rueben Randle, Mohamed Sanu, T.Y Hilton, etc.

Oh Please. Little Cohn needs to STFU!! What does he know about Hilton, Sanu, Randle, and the rest of the talented receivers??!! Everyone can look like a genius at any point when it's after the fact (in retrospect). Wasn't he the one clamouring for Coby Fleener - saying that our front office would make a huge error if we do not make the attempt to trade up in the middle of the first round in order to draft him. Hmmmm, I know I said we drafted the wrong Jenkins on draft day when it happened; but I am 10x happier in having AJ on my team as opposed to Fleener considering what he was proposing to acquire Fleener.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Agree with parts but not completely.

Saying this is "Roman's offense" also is saying the good as well as the bad should go to him so it works both ways.

So you can't just gloss over the fact we were 13-3 and in the NFC championship last season with basically the same talent on offense that failed miserably the previous season. Or the fact this seasons offense has done reasonable well so far.

The problem with Roman is when he has an off week he reeeaaalllyyyy has an off week. So bad that it's just completely baffling how it could be masterful one week and a complete head scratcher the next.

The Rams game had to be the worst game he's called because I felt it completely ignored the whole reason you went with CK in the first place. If you were just going to hand the ball off to Gore and hit short passes you might as well had Smith in there. The whole reason you had CK in there is for games exactly like this when the run game is getting shutdown you can open it up with the passing attack since CK should be a more effective and dangerous passer.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with parts but not completely.

Saying this is "Roman's offense" also is saying the good as well as the bad should go to him so it works both ways.

So you can't just gloss over the fact we were 13-3 and in the NFC championship last season with basically the same talent on offense that failed miserably the previous season. Or the fact this seasons offense has done reasonable well so far.

The problem with Roman is when he has an off week he reeeaaalllyyyy has an off week. So bad that it's just completely baffling how it could be masterful one week and a complete head scratcher the next.

The Rams game had to be the worst game he's called because I felt it completely ignored the whole reason you went with CK in the first place. If you were just going to hand the ball off to Gore and hit short passes you might as well had Smith in there. The whole reason you had CK in there is for games exactly like this when the run game is getting shutdown you can open it up with the passing attack since CK should be a more effective and dangerous passer.

his play calling reminds me of my cousin in madden.

and my cousin uses 'ask madden' 90% of the time.