• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The hopeful six

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville, Tennessee, Oakland, Denver, Tampa Bay, and LA.

People think Jacksonville will be a playoff team. People think Tennessee will be a playoff team. People think Oakland will be a playoff team. People think Denver will still be a first round bye, people think TB will finish third or second in NFC South. And people think LA will improve. Well, all six of these teams have connections in one way or another with the schedule.

Jacksonville and Tennessee play Indy and Houston in their own division and also play KC, Denver, and Oakland. They also play Green Bay, Chicago, and Minnesota. Someone's going to be disappointed.

Oakland, KC, Denver play TB and Carolina. And TB and Carolina play LA, Seattle, and Arizona. LA plays Seattle and Arizona, plus NE(as does Seattle and Arizona).

So who do all of these teams beat to do what people predict of them with them all basically playing each other?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville and Oakland should improve, denver is gonna slip because of qb play and La will probably stay the same because they are the rams

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville, Tennessee, Oakland, Denver, Tampa Bay, and LA.

People think Jacksonville will be a playoff team. People think Tennessee will be a playoff team. People think Oakland will be a playoff team. People think Denver will still be a first round bye, people think TB will finish third or second in NFC South. And people think LA will improve. Well, all six of these teams have connections in one way or another with the schedule.

Jacksonville and Tennessee play Indy and Houston in their own division and also play KC, Denver, and Oakland. They also play Green Bay, Chicago, and Minnesota. Someone's going to be disappointed.

Oakland, KC, Denver play TB and Carolina. And TB and Carolina play LA, Seattle, and Arizona. LA plays Seattle and Arizona, plus NE(as does Seattle and Arizona).

So who do all of these teams beat to do what people predict of them with them all basically playing each other?
Of this group I think Jac and Oak have the best chance at making the POs. Denver will depend on their QB play? Whoever it is needs the Peyton playbook from last year, just don't turn it over. Tampa not on the PO radar. LA could sneak in.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they said they are going to be in every game, titans fans. Still the other five.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My predictions:
Raiders win the AFC West.

As for Jax, Tennessee, TB, and LA all those teams will finish similar to last season and miss playoffs.

Denver will finish 3rd or 4th place in AFC west due to either Sanchez or Lynch starting at qb

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Fisher remains head coach, 7-9 is the best we will get.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oakland is improved enough to make the PO's and KC is already pretty good, that would make that division pretty decent. Add the fact that Denver still hasn't got it's QB situation figured out and it all leads me to have doubts about Denver getting a first round bye.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those teams, I like TEN's chances of making a leap into the playoffs the best. Mariota in his 2nd year, good talent around him on offense, and the weakest div competition. Raiders look to be on the upswing too, but just harder for them to leap over both Denver and KC.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at people thinking the Titans are going to the playoffs this year

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at people thinking the Titans are going to the playoffs this year

That whole division should be way better than last year. Houston should be better with Os at QB, Indy will have Luck back, Jax is building a pretty good defense and Tennessee should see improvement out of Mariota in his 2nd year. That could be fun division to watch.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole division should be way better than last year. Houston should be better with Os at QB, Indy will have Luck back, Jax is building a pretty good defense and Tennessee should see improvement out of Mariota in his 2nd year. That could be fun division to watch.
Definitely exciting considering the development of each team. Lots of reason for optimism. But I'll temper my expectations until I see results. I think too many people drink the media kool-aid each offseason thinking these "retooled" & exciting teams are playoff contenders.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw some love TB's way. I think they'll be fairly competitive this year and be fighting for second in their division through December.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oakland is improved enough to make the PO's and KC is already pretty good, that would make that division pretty decent. Add the fact that Denver still hasn't got it's QB situation figured out and it all leads me to have doubts about Denver getting a first round bye.

200.gif

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there still rumors about Denver trying to make a deal for some other QB's like Kap or Fitz? I've even a heard a Tebow rumor, which is probably just BS. So is Sanchize the day one starter? And if he is, how confident are you getting a first round bye with him at the helm?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there still rumors about Denver trying to make a deal for some other QB's like Kap or Fitz? I've even a heard a Tebow rumor, which is probably just BS. So is Sanchize the day one starter? And if he is, how confident are you getting a first round bye with him at the helm?
Denver is pretty much done pursuing qb's at this point (some idiot fans started a petition to bring Tebow back, but that's about as likely to happen as my 6 month old son being the next Broncos qb). Sanchez will be the opening night starter unless Lynch comes in and just blows everyone away and develops a lot faster than anticipated.

While I'm not thrilled with the idea of Sanchez starting, I will say that he's done everything right since being traded and Denver and he's working his butt off. With Denver's defense the Broncos will still be competitive, and if they can get just average qb play this season they should be competing for a first round bye at the end of the year.

If I had to bet my life today, I would bet against it, mainly because there are a lot of good teams in the AFC and the AFC West looks to be much better, but I won't rule out the possibility.