• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the halfway point

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this observation seems to be pretty close to me . we are better but need improvement

the question is what do you fix 1st , make the defense elite or upgrade the offense ?

and how quickly can it be done ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this observation seems to be pretty close to me . we are better but need improvement

the question is what do you fix 1st , make the defense elite or upgrade the offense ?

We get a QB that is capable and one good OL on the left side, and this offense will improve dramatically. Add a dynamic TE, and it can be a force. We have playmakers that just need a chance.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me ask this...why does one unit become more important to fix than the other? Let JDR focus on his defensive unit, likely to add a peice or two next year in FA/Draft but should not require excessive resources. We all know the offensive line needs an upgrade possibly in 2 spots, need a 1A WR opposite TMac and a TE1. Regardless of what QB we roll with next year, these upgrades may just push us into real playoff contention.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask this...why does one unit become more important to fix than the other? Let JDR focus on his defensive unit, likely to add a peice or two next year in FA/Draft but should not require excessive resources. We all know the offensive line needs an upgrade possibly in 2 spots, need a 1A WR opposite TMac and a TE1. Regardless of what QB we roll with next year, these upgrades may just push us into real playoff contention.
can you get all that done in one off season ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently we don’t all know some things because I disagree about needing a 1A WR. I am not even convinced we need another WR, when healthy. I also do t believe we need a 1TE. Hell, I am not sure the OL is as bad as you think.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we don’t all know some things because I disagree about needing a 1A WR. I am not even convinced we need another WR, when healthy. I also do t believe we need a 1TE. Hell, I am not sure the OL is as bad as you think.
And that's why we post our opinions, as they are just that. We def need an upgrade opposite Tmac. We need another TE even if we keep Thomas. 2 TE sets are popular and effective in this league. Let's not kid ourselves, our offensive line is marginal with the starters we have.
I like your optimism gk, usually not how you roll, nice to see.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why we post our opinions, as they are just that. We def need an upgrade opposite Tmac. We need another TE even if we keep Thomas. 2 TE sets are popular and effective in this league. Let's not kid ourselves, our offensive line is marginal with the starters we have.
I like your optimism gk, usually not how you roll, nice to see.

We need to improve as a team. Look at last game with a QB that can actually throw the ball. Had he not been the total opposite of his career, not including his first couple of years, we would have won easily.

Is the OL that bad or have we been running an experiment? Cornelius Lucas has been a stud. Morgan Moses has been good. Scherff is good when not injured and if he is here. Roullier is what I predicted, decent to good. Saahdiq Charles will be good.

We need to be smart with the draft and FA...do not panic.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't, bring in a real GM like Louis Riddick who can!
I don’t think any GM can to be honest, to hit on 100% of your holes you need to fill Is way to much to expect .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think any GM can to be honest, to hit on 100% of your holes you need to fill Is way to much to expect .
Nothing a FA signing next off season won't take care of. (a few holes) We must draft well however to fill other needs for sure.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing a FA signing next off season won't take care of. (a few holes) We must draft well however to fill other needs for sure.
you would have to hit on 4 out of 8 picks year one as starters

we hit on 2 last year as year one starters , same as the year before