• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of the Lions Draft!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bring out an old staple from the CBS days!

The Good.......

Mayhew drafted in a much different way this year. He factored in needs eith BPA. Anshah was a very good pick. Was he BPA probably not but he filled a hole that was the biggest need the Lions had!

Warford was again solid but it was the need that made him a much better pick.

The Bad......

I have became less pissed about a punter in the 5th. He will start and he will make a difference and not alot of 5th round picks will do that. But come on you gave up Jesse Williams for a punter that you could have gotten in the 6th? And if not him the difference between him and say Brad Wing wasn't great enough to give up some quality players.

The Ugly......

It's hard to find a real ugly aspect of the Lions draft. I think the closest I can get is they really missed on some 4th -7th rounders. Not taking a flyer on a OLB and Im sorry spending a 7th on D'rick Rogers would have been a gamble that winning teams make. I know he has some off field issue and the Lions have been trying to rehab the image but to part ways with a 7th would be easy and if he got himself straight he very well could be the stael of the draft.

:2cents:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was originally super pissed about off about Ansah. ( left the room before Barry got his last name out of his mouth). But the way Mayhew went with the next picks, filling holes, not stock piling brought me back from the edge of the cliff. I see 4 instant starters ( if punters count, and assuming Slay is at worst the nickel) and that's a solid draft right from the get go. I would have liked to see a safety taken in the mid rounds, and I most likely will do a decent amount I bitching about it. But prolly not until atleast week 3 of the preseason.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought missing on Bacari Rambo was mistake myself.

I keep forgetting the Lions signed Bartell so the whole CB competiton this year should help find somebody willing to step up.

And I have yet to find a topic that pisses posters off as much as the draft!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft gets folks seriously heated! I was surprised Rambo slipped as far as he did. But my guy was Philly Thomas out of Fresno. Ball hawking sonofgun that guy. One of these years were gonna trade back, and it'll prolly end up being the year Im all about a certain player in the first round.