• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Golden State Warriors Thread

How Far Will the Golden State Warriors Go in 2014?

• Win the Championship.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Finals.

• Miss the Playoffs.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.

Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So Far:

The San Antonio Spurs Thread - Defending NBA Champions.

The Miami Heat Thread - NBA Finals Runnerup.

The Oklahoma City Thunder Thread - Lost to the Champions.

The Indiana Pacers Thread - Lost to Finals Runnerup.

The Portland Trailblazers Thread - Lost to the Champions.

The Brooklyn Nets Thread - Lost to the Finals Runnerup.

The Los Angeles Clippers Thread - Lost to the Western Conference Runnerup.

The Washington Wizards Thread - Lost to the Eastern Conference Runnerup.

The Dallas Mavericks Thread - Lost to the Champions.

The Charlotte Hornets Thread - Lost to the Finals Runnerup.

The Memphis Grizzlies Thread - Lost to the Western Conference Runnerup.

The Atlanta Hawks Thread - Lost to the Eastern Conference Runnerup.

The Houston Rockets Thread - Lost to the Runnerup to the Western Conference Runnerup.

The Toronto Raptors Thread - Lost to the Runnerup to the Eastern Conference Runnerup.

The Golden State Warriors Thread - Last Playoff Team from the Winning Conference.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say loss in western finals. They finally have there whole team healthy by playoff time

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heart says they could compete for a shot in the Western Conference finals but my head says lose in the semi finals.

The Warriors are very talented team, which was really unable to put it together on the offensive end last year. If they can sustain the majority of their defensive efficiency while also increasing their efficiency on the offensive end, they are clearly a threat.

There are three major unknowns that will factor heavily into the Warriors success this season:

1) New coaching staff and schemes. Jackson had his players motivated, but lacked the nuances needed to take this team to the next level. Kerr is an unknown but has surrounded himself with a world class staff. We really don't know how everything will work out, but I'm optimistic. Will he utilize the players properly? Will Kerr be able to manage the rotations? Will he be able to game plan against opponents? All questions that will be answered in the first month of the season. There will be some growing pains, but with the talent assembled they should be able to stay afloat regardless.

2) Health. Two years ago both Curry and Bogut started to feel the wear and tear in their second round loss to the Spurs. Last year Bogut went down right before the playoffs started and really hindered their ability to defend in the paint against the Clippers. Iguodala was also not right pretty much the entire year with a hamstring problem. Health is a factor for every team, but it seems we get snake bitten by something bit towards the end of seasons. Hopefully Kerr will do a better job with rotations to keep guys fresh for a strong finish. With the West being completely loaded, one major injury could knock a team completely out.

3) Bench production. The Warriors bench was awful last year. Jackson, as a result, rode his starters too long or made horrible 5 in 5 out rotation switches which killed momentum and were ineffective. We will need a bounce back year from Harrison Barnes (who was not utilized properly last year), another great year from Draymond Green, Livingston and Rush to produce for the back court and we'll need Ezeli to stay healthy and man the middle. We don't have much low post scoring, which means that ball movement, spacing and player movement is going to be key to getting the most out of the second unit.

Overall, I have them as a 4 seed behind the Thunder, Spurs and Clippers. I have Dallas, Portland, Memphis and Houston rounding out the rest of the West.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My parents graduated from University of Utah medical school, so I am a fan of Bogut. Couldn't root him on with Mark Jackson as your coach. He tried to split Utah's locker-room against Stockton when he was there. He wanted to take over and didn't like that Sloan was preserving Stockton and Malone (practice preference perception). With Jackson gone, I hope he can get healthy sometime in his career. Is he being used correctly?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My parents graduated from University of Utah medical school, so I am a fan of Bogut. Couldn't root him on with Mark Jackson as your coach. He tried to split Utah's locker-room against Stockton when he was there. He wanted to take over and didn't like that Sloan was preserving Stockton and Malone (practice preference perception). With Jackson gone, I hope he can get healthy sometime in his career. Is he being used correctly?

I think he's being slightly under utilized, but it's understandable when you have 4 better offensive options on him at the start of games (Curry, Thompson, Iguodala and Lee). All 4 of those guys can put the ball in the bucket, so the majority of Bogut's offensive production come on lobs and put backs, with the occasional iso-post up every so often.

Ever since his elbow injury, Bogut hasn't been the same offensively with respects to his scoring ability. I feel like he could contribute more, but we haven't seen him be able to be effective in the post. He doesn't have much of a stretch out shot either and his free throws shooting is pretty bad. He relies on a little lefty hook in the lane a high percentage of the time, and it's never really consistent.

As for his passing he was being used very well on the high pick and rolls with Curry. Bogut is a fantastic passer and very unselfish. His biggest contribution going forward to the team, should be as distributing big. I think Kerr's new system will emphasize bigs passing, which fit right into the wheelhouse of guys like Bogut and Lee. Lets just put it this way, I'd be less shocked if you told me that Bogut would average 4+ assists a game than Bogut scoring 10+ points a game this year.

Defensively, he's been nothing short of amazing. He alters so many shots and rebounds so well. He's also getting better at pushing the outlet which helps fuel some breaks. He'll even bring it up every once in a while, although that usually comes with mixed results. Bogut is the anchor of this defense and brings that toughness to the middle. His health is absolutely essential to how far this Warriors team goes.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Bogut is huge for this teams success. More so in the playoffs IMO. He's going to be used more on the offensive end this season.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a lot of it has to do with a lot of great defensive talent on the team. We are stacked

I'm hoping they don't turnout to be the 2007 Mavericks.

They bowled over everyone in the regular Season, only to get curb-stomped in the first round.

The Dubs are obviously better defensively than that team.

They look like a 2011 Bulls/ 2007 Mavs hybrid.

Maybe that will be enough to succeed where those teams fell short in the postseason.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they don't turnout to be the 2007 Mavericks.

They bowled over everyone in the regular Season, only to get curb-stomped in the first round.

The Dubs are obviously better defensively than that team.

They look like a 2011 Bulls/ 2007 Mavs hybrid.

Maybe that will be enough to succeed where those teams fell short in the postseason.

Yeah, I'm hoping so too. We shall see

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm hoping so too. We shall see

The West is cray-cray so far.

I think it will come down to playoff matchups.

But, 2 things are pretty certain so far this Season.

1. The aborted Klay/Love trade was the right decision.

2. The Warriors are legit.

My Clips don't have a prayer in the Pacific as currently constructed.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West is cray-cray so far.

I think it will come down to playoff matchups.

But, 2 things are pretty certain so far this Season.

1. The aborted Klay/Love trade was the right decision.

2. The Warriors are legit.

My Clips don't have a prayer in the Pacific as currently constructed.

Klay has been great. All starters minutes are down which is big. Defense is excellent definetly the strength. Offense is very good this year. Night and day compared to last year. Ball movement is great. From last in passes per possesion last year to top 3 I believe. Kerrs sets are pretty good. Bogut is a huge part of the motion offense too. Will definetly be missed tonight along with lee