• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Free For All MLB Draft : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that sucks is his best pitch was a spitball and that was outlawed. Lowers his value in these drafts lmao :billb:

You raise everyone’s value in these drafts

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So comparing Ruth and Trout through their first 7 seasons (both made their debut when they were 19 and through 7 seasons they were 25)...they were actually both born in August too...

Trout -
Played 925 games total.
201 HR’s
569 RBI’s
average BA .297
average OBP .396
average SLG .549
average OPS .945

Ruth -
Played in only 533 total.
103 HR’s
359 RBI’s
average BA .301
average OBP .383
average SLG .547
average OPS .930

Of course the Babe is just entering his prime at the end of his 7th season. Trout would have to average 39 HR’s to hit more than Ruth, which is most likely not possibly since he has only done it once. I thought it was just interesting how quick Trout became great, I don’t think there is any way he can put up close to the numbers Ruth did during his long prime. The numbers are mind boggling. He hit over .370 six times, had an OBP over .450 ten times, had a slg pct over .650 13 times and an OPS over 1.100 13 times. Trout hasn’t done any of that even once, yeah it is a different era so it is very unlikely anyone will come even close to this ever again.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So comparing Ruth and Trout through their first 7 seasons (both made their debut when they were 19 and through 7 seasons they were 25)...they were actually both born in August too...

Trout -
Played 925 games total.
201 HR’s
569 RBI’s
average BA .297
average OBP .396
average SLG .549
average OPS .945

Ruth -
103 HR’s
359 RBI’s
average BA .301
average OBP .383
average SLG .547
average OPS .930

Of course the Babe is just entering his prime at the end of his 7th season. Trout would have to average 39 HR’s to hit more than Ruth, which is most likely not possibly since he has only done it once. I thought it was just interesting how quick Trout became great, I don’t think there is any way he can put up close to the numbers Ruth did during his long prime. The numbers are mind boggling. He hit over .370 six times, had an OBP over .450 ten times, had a slg pct over .650 13 times and an OPS over 1.100 13 times. Trout hasn’t done any of that even once, yeah it is a different era so it is very unlikely anyone will come even close to this ever again.
Ruth was also a great pitcher early in his career which is why he has half the games played as Trout. Trout is a great player, but his numbers overall won't be anywhere near Babe's in the end. He will have a couple of hundred less HR's and hit .40 points less on average. I think a guy he could shoot for and maybe compare too would be Mantle, but still a long way to go there too

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruth was also a great pitcher early in his career which is why he has half the games played as Trout. Trout is a great player, but his numbers overall won't be anywhere near Babe's in the end. He will have a couple of hundred less HR's and hit .40 points less on average. I think a guy he could shoot for and maybe compare too would be Mantle, but still a long way to go there too

Yeah I was just looking over CF’s and that is a perfect comparison. So far is numbers compare mainly and Dimaggio but I think he will end up being a better power hitter than Joe D.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trout -
Played 925 games total.
201 HR’s
569 RBI’s
average BA .297
average OBP .396
average SLG .549
average OPS .945

Ruth -
103 HR’s
359 RBI’s
average BA .301
average OBP .383
average SLG .547
average OPS .930

The biggest discrepancy in the numbers is that Ruth was solely a pitcher his first 4 years and didn't play his first game in the field outside of pitcher until May 1918 (I guess batting .438 makes coaches feel they need your bat in the lineup more). Just unreal to think that had Ruth never become the Sultan of Swat - we're still talking about him as one of the greatest LHPs of all time.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest discrepancy in the numbers is that Ruth was solely a pitcher his first 4 years and didn't play his first game in the field outside of pitcher until May 1918 (I guess batting .438 makes coaches feel they need your bat in the lineup more). Just unreal to think that had Ruth never become the Sultan of Swat - we're still talking about him as one of the greatest LHPs of all time.

Well if Pittsburgh ever let Bonds pitch we wouldn’t be talking about his peds use (allegedly)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Pittsburgh ever let Bonds pitch we wouldn’t be talking about his peds use (allegedly)

Well, since there isn't any evidence he wasn't any good at pitching - he would've been out of the league long before his PED use - so yeah we wouldn't be talking about it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Social Security is a pain in the ass to call. First you have to navigate their stupid menu with horrible voice recognition and once you get through that you get: "We're sorry, all our operators are assisting other people. Please call again later. Goodbye."

WTF, at least let me sit in a que and not make me sit around trying to guess when my call will get through!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was just looking over CF’s and that is a perfect comparison. So far is numbers compare mainly and Dimaggio but I think he will end up being a better power hitter than Joe D.
Actually, if you look at their per 162, which is the best apples to apples IMO, he's not Joe D, though he is about Mantle numbers. Those include their late career numbers too, which means Trout's are about as good as they will get. He is a stud though, in their class for sure, which makes him a top 30-40 position player ever