• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Expendables 3

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great movie - pretty much what you want in a summer flick.

I felt it was slightly better than the first, and way better than the second.

Antonio Banderas damn near steals the film.

Great job of introducing some new blood into the series with Glenn Powel (NCIS), Victor Ortiz (boxer), Rhonda Rousey (UFC champion), and Kellen Lutz (The Legend of Hercules) as well as grafting in the old cast we've come to know and love. Harrison Ford does a nice job of taking the place of Bruce Willis and Kelsey Grammar's performance is small but what it needed to be.

Mel plays a great bad guy that's gone just a tad over the edge.

As usual the movie starts fast and doesn't let up much along the way. They give you just enough time to catch your breath and go pee, then into another long series of action.

It's a summer movie - that's what they're supposed to do.

With this many stars it's always a struggle to get everyone enough lines and screen time, but the movie did a great job at that.

I really liked Rhonda. So many times the woman always plays a damsel in distress waiting for someone to rescue her....well, not Rhonda.

New addition Wesley Snipes is weaved in nicely as well.

It's worth going to see. Really enjoyed it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great movie - pretty much what you want in a summer flick.

I felt it was slightly better than the first, and way better than the second.

Antonio Banderas damn near steals the film.

Great job of introducing some new blood into the series with Glenn Powel (NCIS), Victor Ortiz (boxer), Rhonda Rousey (UFC champion), and Kellen Lutz (The Legend of Hercules) as well as grafting in the old cast we've come to know and love. Harrison Ford does a nice job of taking the place of Bruce Willis and Kelsey Grammar's performance is small but what it needed to be.

Mel plays a great bad guy that's gone just a tad over the edge.

As usual the movie starts fast and doesn't let up much along the way. They give you just enough time to catch your breath and go pee, then into another long series of action.

It's a summer movie - that's what they're supposed to do.

With this many stars it's always a struggle to get everyone enough lines and screen time, but the movie did a great job at that.

I really liked Rhonda. So many times the woman always plays a damsel in distress waiting for someone to rescue her....well, not Rhonda.

New addition Wesley Snipes is weaved in nicely as well.

It's worth going to see. Really enjoyed it.
Sounds like a fun movie.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was terrible. The third movie was the worst of the three. And I loved the first two movies.

- PG-13 rating
- Shaky camera which purposely blurred any blood splatter scenes so that it could be a PG-13 movie
- FX were mediocre
- Snipes' makeup was so bad that he looks like a tranny in the opening scenes
- One liners & jokes just fell flat

There were two good things about the movie: Mel Gibson & Kelsey Grammer.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One great review one horrible review.................

who do we believe??

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it didn't do so well at the box office this week.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't pay to see it regardless.

The PG-13 even made it a Netflix pass

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This movies series is an indication of how bad hollywood has become. If it isn't a comic or fantasy adaptation (which I admit is nice to finally see possible) there is nothing new. Even worse, this series is supposed to an over-the-top chance to older action stars to have fun - but it highlights the fact that there are no new, young stars in the pipeline to replace these guys.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great review.

I thought the same thing when I watched it. I thought the first was slightly better, but agree 2nd one was way worse.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This movies series is an indication of how bad hollywood has become. If it isn't a comic or fantasy adaptation (which I admit is nice to finally see possible) there is nothing new. Even worse, this series is supposed to an over-the-top chance to older action stars to have fun - but it highlights the fact that there are no new, young stars in the pipeline to replace these guys.

I think there has been plenty of high quality movies the past few years. Some have been sports movies as well (Moneyball, Trouble With The Curve, Draft Day). Others can include Lincoln, Flight, Gravity, The Wolf On Wall Street, Lego Movie.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there has been plenty of high quality movies the past few years. Some have been sports movies as well (Moneyball, Trouble With The Curve, Draft Day). Others can include Lincoln, Flight, Gravity, The Wolf On Wall Street, Lego Movie.
Lincoln= zZzZz,.......W. of Wall-Street= good,..... Expendables= haven't seen any of'em yet.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the first one was ok but a bit cheezie. The 2nd one showed me there were several higher levels of cheeziness.

I wasn't going to get the 3rd one cause the 2nd was that bad...but it seems from most of the reviews, this one has a chance.

Thanks for the reviews.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it and I share 2 things from the bad review and the first good review.

1) it was an entertaining movie

2) Stallone needs to be punched in the face for making it PG 13. Sly was the one guy you could count on to bring the hardcore violence to his movies and in this one I maybe saw blood once or twice at the max. Boooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At their ages shouldn't it be called "The Dependsables"

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincoln= zZzZz,.......W. of Wall-Street= good,..... Expendables= haven't seen any of'em yet.

I usually judge a movie not by how I view the movie, but how I think the target audience views the movie. Lincoln was made very well. I bet my grandparents and history buffs loved Lincoln. I liked it when I saw it, but 10 years ago, I would have hated it.

The Expendables was never intended to be a high quality movie. Like mentioned before, it is just a bunch of old action actors getting together and just having fun with a few movies. It is definitely a series that you have to be in the mood to watch all great action/horrible to no drama and not good acting (although there are moments).

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually judge a movie not by how I view the movie, but how I think the target audience views the movie. Lincoln was made very well. I bet my grandparents and history buffs loved Lincoln. I liked it when I saw it, but 10 years ago, I would have hated it.

The Expendables was never intended to be a high quality movie. Like mentioned before, it is just a bunch of old action actors getting together and just having fun with a few movies. It is definitely a series that you have to be in the mood to watch all great action/horrible to no drama and not good acting (although there are moments).
on ''Lincoln'' I can see why D.D.Lewis won his 3rd Oscar,......it was also a movie I would NOT pay to see, but I did watch for free,.......the Lincoln/flick where Robert redford directed about the assassination/plot was ok.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it didn't do so well at the box office this week.

I am sure that the leak had at least a but to with that.

I had the opportunity to watch I about about a month ago, but I wanted to see I in the theaters instead.