• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Defense

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense will be so good our opponents will start with NEGATIVE points!

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is so good that every other offensive drive by SF will start within the opponent's 30 yard line.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is so good, Reggie Bush won't be able to change direction in mid-air!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our defense is sooo good, we can insert Alex Smith as our starting QB and not lose any sleep over it. Pow!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WR Lloyd's upside as a Patriot
11:21AM ET
Brandon Lloyd | Patriots

The New England Patriots needed a legitimate deep threat in their wide receivers corps, so they went out this offseason and brought in Brandon Lloyd. Not surprisingly, the veteran has looked terrific in offseason workouts, according to the Boston Herald's Jeff Howe.

"[Lloyd] was dynamite throughout the offseason program, sticking out as much as any Patriot on the field, but those practices are conducive to passing success," Howe noted. "The key is gaining Brady's trust during game situations, and the tandem has worked diligently on that process.

"The Patriots have scored more points than any team over the last two years without any semblance of an outside threat across from Deion Branch. If Lloyd becomes that guy, it'll be a track meet for the offense."

That sort of potential in statistical terms is why fantasy experts like ESPN's Tristan Cockcroft find Lloyd to be such an intriguing prospect in 2012:

- Tom Carpenter​

Tristan Cockcroft
Ten key faces in new places

"This just in: Lloyd really likes playing for Josh McDaniels. Lloyd's breakout fantasy season of 2009 -- that one his seventh in the NFL -- came with McDaniels as his coach, then he managed four touchdowns in his first six games following a midseason trade to the St. Louis Rams, whose offensive coordinator was ... da-da-da-DAAAA! ... McDaniels. Now Lloyd joins the Patriots, again following McDaniels, who agreed to become their O-coordinator late last season. Lloyd's stats speak volumes: In 27 career games for a 'McDaniels team,' he has averaged 4.7 receptions, 78.9 receiving yards and 0.59 receiving touchdowns. In 85 games played for anyone else, his averages in those categories are 2.2, 31.2 and 0.18. Oh, and Lloyd now has the advantage of having Tom Brady throwing him the football. Granted, the Patriots have other pass-catchers on the roster who aren't about to cede targets -- Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez -- but even if Lloyd's volume of targets decreases, might their quality increase? Perhaps, which is why he's one of the more intriguing top-25 wideouts."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't joke around like that Bingo. :fencing:

I know man. I'm surprised I didn't get de-repped 60 times by now. Last time I made an Alex Smith joke, the masses wanted to stone me to death :brick:

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our defense is sooo good, we can insert Alex Smith as our starting QB and not lose any sleep over it. Pow!

vernon-davis-crying-three.jpg

“That’s really unfair..... You’re talking about my Quarter Back! He is my team mate!"

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We should tag all of G.Cohn's articles in the link - that way some/many of us will know not to waste our time clicking on it.

REP!

Normally I would not post any of his work here to waste people's time. However, this time of year there's so little happening in the football world giving us stuff to talk about; so Cohn's material (bs of a work) tend to find its way on our board by default.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REP!

Normally I would not post any of his work here to waste people's time. However, this time of year there's so little happening in the football world giving us stuff to talk about; so Cohn's material (bs of a work) tend to find its way on our board by default.

Actually, I think it's great that you take the time to post these links for us here on the forum and there may be some who do like to read his columns - I'm just not one of them. The moment I clicked over and saw it was GC I closed the window.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
is it what he writes, or how you "take it to heart"?

i don't mind reading his stuff, but i don't take it as gospel either. after reading his stuff, i just take the parts i feel make sense, discard the rest.

actually, isn't this is the same for every writer and poster?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it what he writes, or how you "take it to heart"?

i don't mind reading his stuff, but i don't take it as gospel either. after reading his stuff, i just take the parts i feel make sense, discard the rest.

actually, isn't this is the same for every writer and poster?

I do precisely the same as you. But in my opinion Cohn is more interested in creating controversy than providing information.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do precisely the same as you. But in my opinion Cohn is more interested in creating controversy than providing information.

all writers need to "jazz it up" a little?

but ok, Grant Cohn does seem to go further and why it borders on 'unreadable'. not blaming others mind you, just wondering if some are taking it too seriously?