• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Dallas Mavericks Thread

How Far Will the Dallas Mavericks Go in 2014?

• Lose in the Finals.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Western Conference Finals.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.

Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So Far:

The San Antonio Spurs Thread - Defending NBA Champions.

The Miami Heat Thread - NBA Finals Runnerup.

The Oklahoma City Thunder Thread - Lost to the Champions.

The Indiana Pacers Thread - Lost to Finals Runnerup.

The Portland Trailblazers Thread - Lost to the Champions.

The Brooklyn Nets Thread - Lost to the Finals Runnerup.

The Los Angeles Clippers Thread - Lost to the Western Conference Runnerup.

The Washington Wizards Thread - Lost to the Eastern Conference Runnerup.

The Dallas Mavericks Thread - Lost to the Champions.

Last edited by a moderator:

PCH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is dark horse for sure. Can't forget they took the champion Spurs to 7, now they've got Tyson Chandler in the hole, and Parson to add 17 ppg to a loaded offense IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think way too much was made of Dallas in the playoffs last year. Yes, they took the Spurs to 7 games, but people talk about them like they were one of the best teams in the West. They were not. The Spurs did not play particularly well in that series and the Mavs actually matched up with the Spurs fairly well.

I think they probably make the playoffs again, but they will be eliminated in the first round. Parsons and Chandler were certainly good additions, but losing Calderon and Carter will hurt.

They are still probably the third best team in Texas.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think way too much was made of Dallas in the playoffs last year. Yes, they took the Spurs to 7 games, but people talk about them like they were one of the best teams in the West. They were not. The Spurs did not play particularly well in that series and the Mavs actually matched up with the Spurs fairly well.

I think they probably make the playoffs again, but they will be eliminated in the first round. Parsons and Chandler were certainly good additions, but losing Calderon and Carter will hurt.

They are still probably the third best team in Texas.

The Mavs won 49 games last year, which would have been good for the #3 seed in the East last yr, but got 8th in the west.

Their major problem all season long was defending the rim and having a consistent scoring threat outside of Dirk and Monta Ellis. They more than addressed those issues in the offseason with the additions of Chandler, Parsons, and Jameer Nelson.

They should be a top 3-4 seed in the West this yr. Maybe not on the same level as SA or OKC, but they should hold their own against anyone.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is dark horse for sure. Can't forget they took the champion Spurs to 7, now they've got Tyson Chandler in the hole, and Parson to add 17 ppg to a loaded offense IMO.
The Mavs will win it all this season.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one plays D in the west besides San Antonio. How Miami got blown out by middle aged men is beyond me.

Who's Dallas' PG? Can't believe they traded Shane Larkin.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs won 49 games last year, which would have been good for the #3 seed in the East last yr, but got 8th in the west.

Their major problem all season long was defending the rim and having a consistent scoring threat outside of Dirk and Monta Ellis. They more than addressed those issues in the offseason with the additions of Chandler, Parsons, and Jameer Nelson.

They should be a top 3-4 seed in the West this yr. Maybe not on the same level as SA or OKC, but they should hold their own against anyone.

If Chandler and Dirk could go back in time 4 years, then I might agree with you. This is an average collection of talent.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up way too much for Tyson Chandler, will miss the veteran saavy of Carter and Marion more than they realize, and Parsons is quite overrated. Oh, and Dirk is another year older.

No playoffs.

Go Nuggs!:clap:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 more days, please vote for an option. Thanks.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once in shape, Parsons will be a good addition.

But, you can't win with Round-shoulders Ray Felton at the point.

Monta needs to score and Nelson and Monta will get smoked on defense if you play them together because they are so small.

Not sure what the solution is.

Maybe just let Monta run the point?

5th seed, 2nd round out.