• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2015

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL Network has reported that Defensive Coordinator Mel Tucker will be fired at the end of the season. I hope that he is not the sacrificial lamb for this complete failure of a coaching staff. If Emery is smart, he dumps Marc Trestman too, cause if Marc Trestman does the same thing next year, he too will be fired. The entire offensive is under contract next year, releasing players would not be cap friendly...you have to fire all the coaches, or the players, this ain't working,

I hope Phil Emery is smart enough, to fire Marc Trestman, and hire Rex Ryan, and let him rebuild our defense, his scheme has been competitive since he has been in the league, and then hire a Pro Offensive Coordinator that will run a majority pro style offense out of the I or split backs, that has a lead blocker for the running game. If they do this they would be playing a third of fourth place schedule, and should have a good rebound year. Look how Dallas beat up on a third place schedule.

Marc Trestman has lost this team, so he has to go...if Phil Emery has not seen that, then he has to go to.

Phil Emery needs to start looking at college player to help rebuild this offense, the sooner the coaching fiasco is over the sooner the new coaches can start to rebuild the defense..

What a wasted season...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, there are big issues with keeping Trestman around, mainly, what solid D coordinator will come into the Bear team, knowing if things fail, they will be out of a job the year after because then Trestman will be fired and the new HC will bring in "his" guy at DC.

So, sadly, Mel Tucker getting canned is probably not going to work on its own.

But, the bright spot, as I see it, is that Trestman's O problems really centered around 2 things, and interestingly enough, you pointed them both out. One, we lost our lead blocker in the pre season. This really hurt the running game, and interestingly enough, I don't believe Trestman or Emery figured that out, cause they didn't bring another FB or real H back in.

Second. The O line. It has been a disaster all year long. Bushrod has been Average, Slauson got hurt, Garza is old, Long the only bright spot, and Mills hasn't healed from his foot surgery. Add to it injuries to Britton, De La Puenta, Ola's failures, Groy off the street, really?!? The O line hasn't been able to run block and has done a C- effort pass blocking. Fix the O line and you will fix this offense. What did we have against the 22nd ranked D v. the run? 8 carries for 10 yards at one point?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone keeps saying REX RYAN!! I don't understand it.

Ryan runs a 3-4 defense. We don't have the personal to run a 3-4. The much needed Nose tackle and cover corners, OSL who can rush the passer & cover? They are not this roster. They would need at least two drafts and multiple FA's to pull that off. Everyone wants the "firey coach" the talker, personality.

What has that gotten him? He's implemented his defense- they still suck. He hasn't found a QB. He doesn't know a OC that works. Why again would Rex Ryan be the best fit?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Rex Ryan. That fat turd couldn't coach himself out of a bag.

I agree with NC... Losing a DC could make things sticky for a good replacement, but I have to believe the Bears will find a better DC in the offseason. Hell, anyone would be better at this point.
For the offensive woes, See NC's post.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Second. The O line. It has been a disaster all year long. Bushrod has been Average, Slauson got hurt, Garza is old, Long the only bright spot, and Mills hasn't healed from his foot surgery. Add to it injuries to Britton, De La Puenta, Ola's failures, Groy off the street, really?!? The O line hasn't been able to run block and has done a C- effort pass blocking. Fix the O line and you will fix this offense. What did we have against the 22nd ranked D v. the run? 8 carries for 10 yards at one point?

This brings up a really interesting thing to watch in the Bears offseason. OK, so to fix the Bears O line, in theory we really need another high draft pick or premium free agent...most people watching the Bears seem to agree with that. The problem is, we already have a huge amount of $$ tied into the offense, and that's before extending Jeffery. Most people look at the roster and think "well, we still need more help on defense to balance this team out." So where does the help for the O line come from? It will be interesting to see.

Unlike you, I don't think Mills' problems are limited to his foot injury problems. Half the league O linemen have injuries their whole career, they aren't all Mills-bad. Injuries don't explain Mills' massive technique problems. I think the answer is probably going to be moving Long over to tackle. I think Garza is done after this year...of course I have said that three years running, but he is a huge liability. Let's pretend Slauson and DLP come back healthy, you still need one starting-grade interior linemen and two solid backups to deal with inevitable normal injuries.

It will be interesting to watch how they deal with this at the same time as trying to plug our pockmarked defense.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Sadly, there are big issues with keeping Trestman around, mainly, what solid D coordinator will come into the Bear team, knowing if things fail, they will be out of a job the year after because then Trestman will be fired and the new HC will bring in "his" guy at DC.

Hmm. Interesting point. If anything, this is another point in favor of the "can Trestman" side of the argument.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali- you are correct. Health/Money will be a big factor going forward.
IF *big if... Slauson, DLP are healthy- a 2nd round pick as RT. (1st Rd for LB) We need to get younger/better/cheaper. That's the only way this works.

They should spend the majority of resources on Defense. And hope for the best that the O will bounce back being in the same system and stay healthy. That's the only way this improves.

As much as we have dissed Emery this year- we did praise him for the offseason moves last year- at least on paper they looked better with the money he had... Can he do it again (and can those moves pan out better then this year?)

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali- you are correct. Health/Money will be a big factor going forward.
IF *big if... Slauson, DLP are healthy- a 2nd round pick as RT. (1st Rd for DE) We need to get younger/better/cheaper. QUOTE]

There, I fixed that for you. We have enough young LB's to not need one so high. Bostic, Green, Shea, Jones, are 4 right there. Plus they have that vet that's injured and younger than Williams, forget his name... Plus another that's been on special teams (not that that is saying much).

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah...still think they need stud MLB who know how to play football. Bostic moves to WS... Jones SS... Rookie MLB.
Allen, Young, Houston are all still under contract- wait, you're right...shit can we have like Three first round picks please?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan runs a 3-4 defense. We don't have the personal to run a 3-4.

We don't have the personnel to run any kind of defense apparently. I like Rex. Not as a head coach. But he'll turn someone's defense around if he gets hired as a DC.

I believe the guys on NFL Network also reported that "the Bears" are souring on Jay Cutler as their QB. Not sure how true it is since less than a year ago they gave him a shiny new 7-year contract. Looks like it will be a very interesting offseason.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have the personnel to run any kind of defense apparently. I like Rex. Not as a head coach. But he'll turn someone's defense around if he gets hired as a DC.

I believe the guys on NFL Network also reported that "the Bears" are souring on Jay Cutler as their QB. Not sure how true it is since less than a year ago they gave him a shiny new 7-year contract. Looks like it will be a very interesting offseason.

I heard the same thing this morning.......I knew it was coming.....Take that google eyed fuck stick Cutler and get him outta here.....ASAP!

It has nothing to do with the o-line,it's just when it comes to crunch time Jay gives up those dreaded damn ints.

That has nothing to do the coaching or the line.....But poor fucking throws and decisions.
And btw....Trestman and Tucker need to go with him.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L:gaah::rollseyes::thumbsdown::wacko::deadhorse::exploding:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the same thing this morning.......I knew it was coming.....Take that google eyed fuck stick Cutler and get him outta here.....ASAP!

It has nothing to do with the o-line,it's just when it comes to crunch time Jay gives up those dreaded damn ints.

That has nothing to do the coaching or the line.....But poor fucking throws and decisions.
And btw....Trestman and Tucker need to go with him.

Seems like a lifetime since we had a "crunchtime" game.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone keeps saying REX RYAN!! I don't understand it.

Ryan runs a 3-4 defense. We don't have the personal to run a 3-4. The much needed Nose tackle and cover corners, OSL who can rush the passer & cover? They are not this roster. They would need at least two drafts and multiple FA's to pull that off. Everyone wants the "firey coach" the talker, personality.

What has that gotten him? He's implemented his defense- they still suck. He hasn't found a QB. He doesn't know a OC that works. Why again would Rex Ryan be the best fit?

we dont have the personnel to run the shit defense we have. Everyone keeps looking at not having a nose tackle. How about the fact we have no middle linebacker. we have plenty that can play inside in a 3-4, notably bostic and mcclellan, but neither is gonna be a star middle. Jones is looking like a positive outside guy. Sharpton is a good middle linebacker, but he cant stay on the field.

For what I see, Ego and Sutton are capable of playing the nose tackle position. Most of us preferred the huge anchor to be drafted last year and switch to the 3-4 already, we are playing the majority of downs with only 2 linebackers on the field in the nickel and just being pushed around consistently..

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont have the personnel to run the shit defense we have. Everyone keeps looking at not having a nose tackle. How about the fact we have no middle linebacker. we have plenty that can play inside in a 3-4, notably bostic and mcclellan, but neither is gonna be a star middle. Jones is looking like a positive outside guy. Sharpton is a good middle linebacker, but he cant stay on the field.

For what I see, Ego and Sutton are capable of playing the nose tackle position. Most of us preferred the huge anchor to be drafted last year and switch to the 3-4 already, we are playing the majority of downs with only 2 linebackers on the field in the nickel and just being pushed around consistently..

Well I guess if we can get Bill Belichick to come in as HC and run a 3-4... I'd say sure. Just don't see why a 2 win coach taking over a 5 win team is better? AND he never won a GREY Cup!! :lol:

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex will run a defense according to his talent, he has a great eye for talent and his players are loyal to him, they will come for peanuts, and play for bigger contracts.

Though Rex usually runs a 3-4...he can also run a 4-3, and he loves ground and pound.
You may not want to here it but Cutler stays, with the wind coming off the lake...you do not need a QB who throws moon balls...you can not win in the Chicago weather with a moon ball thrower.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess if we can get Bill Belichick to come in as HC and run a 3-4... I'd say sure. Just don't see why a 2 win coach taking over a 5 win team is better? AND he never won a GREY Cup!! :lol:

Me wanting to change to new defense, something new and exciting like the 46 defense was and not necessarily a 4-3 or 3-4 is using the personnel we have in their best position to succeed. Last year we were signing defensive tackles off the street, which meant we didnt have enough DT's to run a 4-3 effectively and the terrible defense showed that.

We have been signing free agents that are supposed to be able to play in a scheme. We just want a defensive coordinator that can put our players in that position. This year we have had more plays with an extra 200 pound defensive back in the lineup replacing a 250 pound linebacker, which more times than not ends up having a 220 pound safety trying to cover a 260 pound tight end.

Look at what Green Bay did with Peppers. Drop 30 pounds and play linebacker. Who would have thought that late in a mans career. Green bay plays their base defense with 6 linebackers. That is what gives them the best chance to win. All I want is a coach that can identify that.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan? Really? I'd rather suffer through another year of this crap than resort to that fat goon. I would accept him as dc though.