• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Americans

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(SPOILERS BELOW)

Yeah, but Kate wasn't a significant character. She was just introduced this season. The show has yet to kill of a character that gets significant airtime. I expect that as we get more seasons due to the sheer emotion it will bring. That's why I think we haven't seen the last of Nina. She's a major character. Her "send off" was just a little too matter of fact for it to be the last we ever see of her.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably the best show on television comes back for its third season tonight at 10pm on FX. Can't wait. This has to be the season either the kids or Stan or maybe both finds out what's really up, right? It just seems like 3rd seasons for shows like this are when shit really goes down so that why I'm pretty pumped to see what happens

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto. Can't wait!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DVR'd it last night. Can't wait to get home and watch it tonight.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, get a russian translator to watch it with you. There is a scene where Keri is listening to a cassette, no fucking captions. I was able to understand alot of the bridge with the spanish, but to have this key point in this season ( I wont give it away) knowing that the russians want the daughter to be a spy was just plain stupid to not be able to read what the person on the cassette was saying.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, get a russian translator to watch it with you. There is a scene where Keri is listening to a cassette, no fucking captions. I was able to understand alot of the bridge with the spanish, but to have this key point in this season ( I wont give it away) knowing that the russians want the daughter to be a spy was just plain stupid to not be able to read what the person on the cassette was saying.

I am fluent in Russian so it wasn't an issue for me. Basically what the cassette said was that the Russian government had just discovered a new up and coming American comedian who they believed had a dick long enough to end world hunger. His name was Robert. Robert Saget.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She mentions what was on the tape later in the episode. Plus, they left off the subtitles for that scene on purpose. That scene is about Keri Russell's acting ability. You know from previous seasons that the tapes she gets are news from home so when you see her facial expressions change, you automatically know that something not good has happened, which she later confirms.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking for a new drama to get into. So you guys who really like this, what other dramatic TV shows do or have you thought were great ? ... Just so I don't waste my time if our tastes differ.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking for a new drama to get into. So you guys who really like this, what other dramatic TV shows do or have you thought were great ? ... Just so I don't waste my time if our tastes differ.

My top shows ever are The Wire, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Sopranos. Depending on how this season goes, The Americans could get a seat at that table.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There aren't many dramatic tv shows that I watch. I normally watch movies and comedy tv shows. But when Americans was first coming out, for some reason it just peaked my interest. And it's been a great show to follow.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started the first season around Christmas time on Amazon Prime. It has been awesome so far.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She mentions what was on the tape later in the episode. Plus, they left off the subtitles for that scene on purpose. That scene is about Keri Russell's acting ability. You know from previous seasons that the tapes she gets are news from home so when you see her facial expressions change, you automatically know that something not good has happened, which she later confirms.

I just saw subtitles that I wasnt reading when the russians were in that meeting, so I expected subtitles then and didnt get any. It just seemed with this season supposedly being about Paige that the conversation was more important than just news from home.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't speak a word of Russian, but at one point I heard a word that sounded like "hospital", and it matched up with Russell's acting, so I was expecting something like what she said the message was about.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top shows ever are The Wire, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Sopranos. Depending on how this season goes, The Americans could get a seat at that table.

Sounds good. I haven't seen The Wire... and yeah I know... I've heard great things. But the other 3 are all in my top 5. Thanks.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb: for an extended scene of Keri Russell's bare ass last night

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just amazing how we csn be rooting for Russian spies. Funny how a show can work.

...and yes, Russell's ass was a great bonus!

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.
They finally told Paige! :pop2:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.
They finally told Paige! :pop2:

At first, I wasn't really taken back by the scene watching it play out. I was like "wait...that's it?" It just seemed so soft, almost lacking. But it was the right way to go because the follow up scenes let you see just how heavy it weighed on everyone.

Also, WTF Henry? His pron stash didn't even have real pron.