• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2018 NFL Draft Thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand what everyone expected Seattle to do?

O-Line:
  • They signed DJ Fluker and Pocic (2nd round pick) is going to start at guard which he did briefly last season but was injured.
  • They traded for Duane Brown and fired Cable so HOPEFULLY Ifedi (another first rounder) figures it the fuck out this year.
  • George Fant was having an excellent pre-season until he was injured. He may be able to return and possibly kick Ifedi back to guard.
D-Line:
  • Seattle signed Mingo, Dion Jordan (was having a great pass rush season in Seattle), Tom Johnson, and Shamar Stephen.
  • Mingo, Stephen, Johnson are all better run stuffers than pass rushers, but the Seahawks still have Clark and Avril/Jones returning from injury.
Secondary:
  • I really have zero fucking clue why everyone mocked a CB to Seattle in round 1. They re-signed Maxwell, Griffin had a great year as a rookie and was above average according to PFF, they still have Thomas, McDougald, Chancellor, and a TON of depth considering Seattle drafted crazy amounts of secondary last year.
  • This is the deepest secondary draft class we've seen in a while and one of the reasons I gave the Browns a D grade for Ward at fucking 4?! Why the FUCK would Seattle (or any smart team for that matter) take a CB in the 1st?

MEANWHILE, RUNNINGBACK:
  • Cris Carson is an uncertainty and can't stay healthy.
  • Prosise can't stay healthy and is a 3rd down back.
  • McKisick is a 3rd down back.
  • Mike Davis? Really? Yah that 3 yard average will do us wonders.
  • Penny - #1 among ALL RBs (including Barkley) with broken tackles and the highest (3+ yards) YPC AFTER first contact. So if Seattle's O-Line will suck and allow defenses to get to the RB in the backfield or at line of scrimmage, then I guess Penny made the most sense.
  • Having a decent runningback WILL help Wilson. The reason everyone just bum rushed Wilson last year was because we had a bunch of scrubs playing RB.

I'll admit I wanted Guice, but I pegged Seattle taking a runningback all along. And Penny was NOT going to be there in the mid 2nd let alone 3rd round. Schneider already said a team called him right after the trade and reportedly the Patriots were high and Penny (and clearly took a RB later).

Seattle drafts Penny = "OMG Carroll is a senile old man and idiot and the Seahawks have SO MANY NEEDS!"
NWE drafts Penny = "CLEARLY Belichick knows something! THIS IS A SMART MOVE!"

BUT OMG WE LOST SHERMAN (who may never be the same) and BENNETT (34 years old with a ton of snaps on him who averages 1 neutral zone infraction a game). OMG THE HUMANITY!!! WE NEED CB AND D-LINE NOW!!! OFOMFMFFFGGG!!!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand what everyone expected Seattle to do?

O-Line:
  • They signed DJ Fluker and Pocic (2nd round pick) is going to start at guard which he did briefly last season but was injured.
  • They traded for Duane Brown and fired Cable so HOPEFULLY Ifedi (another first rounder) figures it the fuck out this year.
  • George Fant was having an excellent pre-season until he was injured. He may be able to return and possibly kick Ifedi back to guard.
D-Line:
  • Seattle signed Mingo, Dion Jordan (was having a great pass rush season in Seattle), Tom Johnson, and Shamar Stephen.
  • Mingo, Stephen, Johnson are all better run stuffers than pass rushers, but the Seahawks still have Clark and Avril/Jones returning from injury.
Secondary:
  • I really have zero fucking clue why everyone mocked a CB to Seattle in round 1. They re-signed Maxwell, Griffin had a great year as a rookie and was above average according to PFF, they still have Thomas, McDougald, Chancellor, and a TON of depth considering Seattle drafted crazy amounts of secondary last year.
  • This is the deepest secondary draft class we've seen in a while and one of the reasons I gave the Browns a D grade for Ward at fucking 4?! Why the FUCK would Seattle (or any smart team for that matter) take a CB in the 1st?

MEANWHILE, RUNNINGBACK:
  • Cris Carson is an uncertainty and can't stay healthy.
  • Prosise can't stay healthy and is a 3rd down back.
  • McKisick is a 3rd down back.
  • Mike Davis? Really? Yah that 3 yard average will do us wonders.
  • Penny - #1 among ALL RBs (including Barkley) with broken tackles and the highest (3+ yards) YPC AFTER first contact. So if Seattle's O-Line will suck and allow defenses to get to the RB in the backfield or at line of scrimmage, then I guess Penny made the most sense.
  • Having a decent runningback WILL help Wilson. The reason everyone just bum rushed Wilson last year was because we had a bunch of scrubs playing RB.

I'll admit I wanted Guice, but I pegged Seattle taking a runningback all along. And Penny was NOT going to be there in the mid 2nd let alone 3rd round. Schneider already said a team called him right after the trade and reportedly the Patriots were high and Penny (and clearly took a RB later).

Seattle drafts Penny = "OMG Carroll is a senile old man and idiot and the Seahawks have SO MANY NEEDS!"
NWE drafts Penny = "CLEARLY Belichick knows something! THIS IS A SMART MOVE!"

BUT OMG WE LOST SHERMAN (who may never be the same) and BENNETT (34 years old with a ton of snaps on him who averages 1 neutral zone infraction a game). OMG THE HUMANITY!!! WE NEED CB AND D-LINE NOW!!! OFOMFMFFFGGG!!!
Do you feel better now?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are clearly winners in this years draft

Round 1 - Brandin Cooks (pro bowler)
Round 2 - Marcus Peters (pro bowler)
Round 3 -
Round 4 -

Round 5 - Aqib Talib (pro bowler)
Round 6 -

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are clearly winners in this years draft

Round 1 - Brandin Cooks (pro bowler)
Round 2 - Marcus Peters (pro bowler)
Round 3 -
Round 4 -

Round 5 - Aqib Talib (pro bowler)
Round 6 -
tenor.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd best by who's ranking? He was/is the 5th best back. He's not a very good blocker and he has no OL to run behind. So no OL as of yet, another player who can't block ala the dearly departed Jimmy Graham looks like RW will be leading the team in rushing again next year.
Rankings are vastly different on all sites. I actually prefer Keryon, Rojo and Guice after Barkley

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snake Eyes is scared....heh.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here we go... let's get ready to make fun of the Browns again.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And HERE Cleveland... is where you should be taking your secondary players... :rolleyes2:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck's the holdup?

The Browns are confused and probably have no clue who to pick... course NOW they are probably considering trade offers when DUR the 4th overall should've been traded to the Bills.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your fuckin' ass up there Jim Brown... Giants already have their pick in.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pick for the Browns.

Better pick for the Giants.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Corbitt plays center/guard... not tackle, do the Browns think he can play tackle? Why wouldn't you just trade down #4, get McGlinchey, and then grab the best CB/S on the board with your 2nd? WTF Browns?

A+ pick for the Giants... I really like their draft so far... they had a serious guard hole after Pugh left and it compliments the Barkley pick well along with their future QB.