• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thank You Carts

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what you think of him, he did help the Kings win 2 Cups. And for that I say thank you.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody here was ever mad at him I don't think...... I did say when he got the injury that I was worried because his surprising speed is what made him above most players and was a big part of his game....but never down on him about it, not like it was his fault

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody here was ever mad at him I don't think...... I did say when he got the injury that I was worried because his surprising speed is what made him above most players and was a big part of his game....but never down on him about it, not like it was his fault

Teh Blog has Carter hate all over it,, about how he has been a line suck the last few years no matter who was on it. Pearson, Toffoli, Vilardi, Kempe, whoever. They couldn't wait to see him moved.

Personally I too am surprised he was traded, I figured he'd ride out his contract here and either retire or take cheaper one year deals like Thornton, Marleau, etc and see how he feels year after year. But I do think his time in LA was pretty much over at the end of this contract but boy did he ever deliver. He was the missing piece in 2012 and huge again in 2014.

Poor guy hasn't played a meaningful game in LA for basically half of the time he was here so I don't blame him for looking for another ring with his career winding down. I'm sure he was OK with the mentor role but given the chance to just win he would be dumb not to do it.

When he had the wheels though, seeing kick it into overdrive with those long legs and fire off that cannon of a wrist shot was great to watch. Solid defensively too, that will help the Penguins as well.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Carter changed his tune about leaving LA. Probably wanted to get a chance to win one more, maybe not be on a rebuilding team anymore either.

Carter had previously indicated that he wanted to finish his career in Los Angeles, where he, his wife and two young children have planted roots. But Hextall, who also won the Cup with the Kings in 2012, said Carter was pumped to head to Pittsburgh. The forward is expected to join the team prior to Tuesday’s workout.

“There was a time when Jeff wanted to finish in L.A. … But I can tell you I talked to him [Monday morning], probably around 1:30 our time, and he was in a terrific mood,” he said. “His exact words to me, I think the quote was, ‘I’m all-in.’”

Can't blame him. He's earned the right to determine where he goes and what he does, but this also raises the question to me if the veterans will get tired of this and follow suit if results aren't present and soon, the NHL roster has not been improved.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings management has given up on this year. They mentioned that the Carter trade was forced because they didn’t want to lose him for nothing. The good news is they once again have our favorite player :Capspace . New Jersey, Ottawa, Detroit and Seattle are the only teams that will have significant space. Kings could push for a UFA.
but what UFA
I don’t think the Kings will go for a big name guy. Maybe a scorer but not on Defense for sure. The big names rarely are worth it if their own team thinks they are asking too much.
I think the Kings will
Target a couple of mid level guys that will get squeezed out because some other team signed a big name or have negative cap space. The Kings need second line guys. They might be able to sign a few of them.
just to piss Puck off: Jack Johnson might be available cheap

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson done for the season last month after 13 games, 1 goal and (shocker) -5 with core surgery. I was hoping to read he juked his head off his body but it wasn't to be.

=)~~

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked at the carter stats in Pittsburgh....looks like he can still produce with nhl teammates

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked at the carter stats in Pittsburgh....looks like he can still produce with nhl teammates
Well 4 of his 9 goals with the pens were in one game vs Buffalo.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose 5g in the other 13 games isnt an improvement over 8g in 40

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose 5g in the other 13 games isnt an improvement over 8g in 40

I'm still sticking with my theory that he had enough of the losing and rebuild. After the 2014 win, the Kings miss out in 2015 which is rare for a defending champ but they were good again in 2015-16. The team was still competitive; 2017-21 however it's been obvious LA isn't a legitimate contender anymore and now we are where we are. So in the last 5 years he's been in two playoff series (2016 SJ L 4-1, 2018 Vegas L 4-0) and the Kings have won 1 whopping game.

He may have been a great leader, professional and mentor but ultimately the dude still wants to win. Put him around better players and this is what happens. I still thank him for what he did in LA, but he definitely changed his mind about being in LA within the last year and his play actually showed it. I wouldn't exactly call it sandbagging - maybe burnt out is more like it, sticking around during a rebuild is essentially sacrificing your career as a veteran - but watching him in Pittsburgh, he looked like the Carter of old.

Someone else to keep an eye on now is Getzlaf, he is a UFA and Anaheim hasn't even started their rebuild. Curious to see if he sticks around or if does the same thing. He too is an older veteran (36?) and maybe wants to win another one as well, he got his Cup very early in his career and has endured a lot more losing than Carter has since.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getzlaf sold his house about three weeks ago.
I can’t say that tells us anything. He moves every few years. I think he goes to a team with a chance. Signs a cap friendly deal for a shot.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getzlaf sold his house about three weeks ago.
I can’t say that tells us anything. He moves every few years. I think he goes to a team with a chance. Signs a cap friendly deal for a shot.
I'd say that is definitely an eye raiser. Granted last I read his house in CDC (I think) was monstrously huge but with 4 kids/6 people (I bet he has a MIL casita too) he needs it. I also have 4 kids and me, my house is 3400 sq ft and I feel we are on top of each other so he definitely needs the room. I'd love to have his house for sure but out of this guy's price range for life.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him look for another large place in OC because this is their home as a CA home base that requires little maintenance but I'm sensing the same thing you are, I don't think he is coming back to Anaheim. I believe that would truly indicate the beginning of their rebuild and guys like Fowler, Manson, Rackell, etc are on their way out too much like LA purged the vets for picks and prospects.

I'm stunned the Samuelis kept Murray and Eakins again, Murray has no vision and has been in denial about his team for the last 5 years and Eakins is simply not a good coach.

They are going to turn over the other coaching staff from what I read but that doesn't matter if you keep the head honcho because ultimately systems run through them. Their PP was horrific - worst in NHL history - so there are some really dark times coming on Katella. At least LA has a 3 year head start on them but I don't think they have opened up a gap big enough on the head start because of Blake's overly conservative approach. They also have two potential superstars in Zegras and Drysdale, something tye LA prospects have not shown. Reminds me of when Dumbo took over, he had Kopitar and Brown developing into stars to build around.

Back on track, yes I see Getzlaf going somewhere on a 1 year/$3 million deal to get another shot before he retires.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that is definitely an eye raiser. Granted last I read his house in CDC (I think) was monstrously huge but with 4 kids/6 people (I bet he has a MIL casita too) he needs it. I also have 4 kids and me, my house is 3400 sq ft and I feel we are on top of each other so he definitely needs the room. I'd love to have his house for sure but out of this guy's price range for life.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him look for another large place in OC because this is their home as a CA home base that requires little maintenance but I'm sensing the same thing you are, I don't think he is coming back to Anaheim. I believe that would truly indicate the beginning of their rebuild and guys like Fowler, Manson, Rackell, etc are on their way out too much like LA purged the vets for picks and prospects.

I'm stunned the Samuelis kept Murray and Eakins again, Murray has no vision and has been in denial about his team for the last 5 years and Eakins is simply not a good coach.

They are going to turn over the other coaching staff from what I read but that doesn't matter if you keep the head honcho because ultimately systems run through them. Their PP was horrific - worst in NHL history - so there are some really dark times coming on Katella. At least LA has a 3 year head start on them but I don't think they have opened up a gap big enough on the head start because of Blake's overly conservative approach. They also have two potential superstars in Zegras and Drysdale, something tye LA prospects have not shown. Reminds me of when Dumbo took over, he had Kopitar and Brown developing into stars to build around.

Back on track, yes I see Getzlaf going somewhere on a 1 year/$3 million deal to get another shot before he retires.
I am wondering why they didnt trade him at the deadline. I thought I had heard that he didnt want to get traded at the deadline but at least they would have received something for him rather than just letting him walk for nothing.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering why they didnt trade him at the deadline. I thought I had heard that he didnt want to get traded at the deadline but at least they would have received something for him rather than just letting him walk for nothing.
Rumor is he was un Blake like. Blake blocked a deal to trade him to San Jose for scraps. Then after the season signed in San Jose and the kings got nothing.
gretz told management that if they could improve the Ducks then make the deal.
but it is only rumor.