• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Tennessee at #4 Oklahoma |8:00 pm ET| ABC

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
XwTol29.jpg

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe we got down there and threw a pick-6, and then threw another pick in the endzone. :L

I actually thought our defense played well despite the score. The O-line got man handled but that was pretty much expected, especially playing 3 freshmen. Glad we get a bye before going to Georgia.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in case you are curious, I learned something new:

It turns out you have 2 bands of sorts. You have a full band you use for home games, and then you have a 30 member band that goes to most away games. However, you are also able to take your full band to 2 away games, that would be Vandy and Georgia for you guys this year.

But Georgia is doing some kind of Vince Dooley tribute for the entire duration of halftime, Georgia changed it after they had decided. So since they can't do the halftime performance, they are only taking the 30 person band. Georgia changed it so late, they couldn't change it to another away game. So this year only Vandy gets full band.

The Oklahoma game was too far to bus, there are apparently rules that keep them from sitting on a bus too long, and a charter plane was too expensive. So they skipped the trip.

I guess this is all pretty much standard for SEC schools.

He's feeling better about your team today, thinks a bowl game is very likely.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in case you are curious, I learned something new:

It turns out you have 2 bands of sorts. You have a full band you use for home games, and then you have a 30 member band that goes to most away games. However, you are also able to take your full band to 2 away games, that would be Vandy and Georgia for you guys this year.

But Georgia is doing some kind of Vince Dooley tribute for the entire duration of halftime, Georgia changed it after they had decided. So since they can't do the halftime performance, they are only taking the 30 person band. Georgia changed it so late, they couldn't change it to another away game. So this year only Vandy gets full band.

The Oklahoma game was too far to bus, there are apparently rules that keep them from sitting on a bus too long, and a charter plane was too expensive. So they skipped the trip.

I guess this is all pretty much standard for SEC schools.

He's feeling better about your team today, thinks a bowl game is very likely.
Didn't know that, thanks for the info. :yo:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna try to get tickets to the Tenn-Vandy game this year. The good thing about their stadium is that there really isn't a bad seat.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know that, thanks for the info. :yo:

It's kinda cool sorta knowing someone who has info like that. I remember when he was just a student at Tennessee, and now he travels with teams and all kinds of stuff. I only know him from online, it's weird that I've known someone for almost 15 years completely online. Growing old with a small group of fuckers on the internet. Crazy.