• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Telvin Smith

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis

Strengths

Fiery on-field emotional leader. Plays with passion and it shows -- beelines to the ball and brings energy to the defense. Very good eyes, anticipation and instincts -- sniffs out screens, takes good cut-off angles and negotiates through traffic easily. Plays downhill and often arrives behind the line of scrimmage before ball carriers see him. Outstanding functional football-playing speed. Fluid mover. Outstanding closing speed to the ball. Reliable open-field tackler -- runs through contact. Good coverage skill -- shadows receivers and has a feel for zones. Very likeable, gregarious personality that can unite a locker room and command the LB group. Has been very durable (despite lack of thickness). Has learned what it means to work, and football comes easy to him.
Weaknesses

Despite contributing immediately in college, has been only a one-year full-time starter. Wiry and needs to add bulk to his narrow frame to withstand the rigors of NFL contact -- is almost built like a free safety. Is not a strong, drive-through tackler -- tends to go low. Average hand use and play strength. Could struggle matching up with bigger, more physical tight ends.
Draft Projection

Rounds 4-5
Bottom Line

A fast-flowing, instinctive, run-and-hit weakside linebacker capable of producing at a high level if he can bulk up and withstand the rigors of the NFL. Has All-Pro potential in a scheme such as the Buccaneers or Cowboys.

Could be a Safety ? if he is there in the 5th pick him up or later ?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing about the Pierre Louis guy from BC. I think both would be a SS if they were converted

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis

Strengths

Fiery on-field emotional leader. Plays with passion and it shows -- beelines to the ball and brings energy to the defense. Very good eyes, anticipation and instincts -- sniffs out screens, takes good cut-off angles and negotiates through traffic easily. Plays downhill and often arrives behind the line of scrimmage before ball carriers see him. Outstanding functional football-playing speed. Fluid mover. Outstanding closing speed to the ball. Reliable open-field tackler -- runs through contact. Good coverage skill -- shadows receivers and has a feel for zones. Very likeable, gregarious personality that can unite a locker room and command the LB group. Has been very durable (despite lack of thickness). Has learned what it means to work, and football comes easy to him.
Weaknesses

Despite contributing immediately in college, has been only a one-year full-time starter. Wiry and needs to add bulk to his narrow frame to withstand the rigors of NFL contact -- is almost built like a free safety. Is not a strong, drive-through tackler -- tends to go low. Average hand use and play strength. Could struggle matching up with bigger, more physical tight ends.
Draft Projection

Rounds 4-5
Bottom Line

A fast-flowing, instinctive, run-and-hit weakside linebacker capable of producing at a high level if he can bulk up and withstand the rigors of the NFL. Has All-Pro potential in a scheme such as the Buccaneers or Cowboys.

Could be a Safety ? if he is there in the 5th pick him up or later ?

I like Smith. I would take him, he is on a list of about 5-6 others I would strongly consider rounds 4-5. I think at the very least, he could contribute in the nickel right away.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Smith. I would take him, he is on a list of about 5-6 others I would strongly consider rounds 4-5. I think at the very least, he could contribute in the nickel right away.

Didn't Smith fail a drug test as well?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about Smith failing the drug test, but to me its just like what was brought up about Lawrence last night. He was suspended for 3 games in college supposedly . So by some he is considered a thug. Newsflash there are a bunch of NFLers that would be classified as thugs by some people. Sammy Watkins was suspended for 2 games in college, why isnt he considered a thug as well??

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about Smith failing the drug test, but to me its just like what was brought up about Lawrence last night. He was suspended for 3 games in college supposedly . So by some he is considered a thug. Newsflash there are a bunch of NFLers that would be classified as thugs by some people. Sammy Watkins was suspended for 2 games in college, why isnt he considered a thug as well??

My problem is the trade itself. You don't give up 630 points for 550 ever, and you sure as Hell don't do it in a draft his deep.