• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tell me if this works/thoughts...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I understand that point of view, but they also keep losing because of how terrible their defense is offensively. Even the merc talked about the difference in the vancouver series being the sharks D outscored by 7 goals. Burns is good, but with Boyle's regression and the loss of white, I'm not sure the sharks are that much better offensively than at the end of last year.

Every fucking year they have PO power outages. Sure, Havlat might help, but he and handzus are not better offensively combined than seto and heater. Defensively? could well be, but I dont see them better offensively. Against the nucks they scored 2-3-4-2-2 goals for an average of 2.6. that's not very good. They survived the wings despite just 2.5 GFA, and boyle's heroics gave them a shot in that series. They scored 1.75 GFA vs. chicago in '10 with the defense having just 1 goal.

I could go on for a while about the annual power outages, but its largely the defense that fails to help the offense. Green is suspect defensively, but also, guys can learn defense. That's what coaching does, and if paired with a solid defender, then he should be fine.

I just dont think dougie has done anywhere near enough to bolster the D. he still has lots of time and a deadline move is always possible, but boyle is a fading threat, and that makes burns the only major one. Demers has 6 career goals, 3 of which were on the PP. That's hardly a major threat and to consider him one just yet is a great mistake. Clearly murray and vandermeer arent. Pickles isnt (18 career goals in 400 games, never more than 6 is a season.) basically, once again, the majority of the time, the sharks will lack any threat from the point and will be playing 3 on 5 offensively. The power outage will likely continue. Green would add far more offensively and I still think that's the sharks' weakest point for years and years. No O from the D = no success.

Vlasics best year came when he didnt have to baby sit someone, that is likely to happen this season. 3 competent pairings is going to go a long way, not to mention either Vlasic or Demers is going to explode offensively this season you can put money on that.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teemu at one year for $3 would be an amazing acquisition. A RH sniper with speed and skill for Thornton? That'd be awesome.

Teemu isnt going anywhere cept anaheim. The thought of a thornton, selanne havlett line would be great tho...

Lets get Samsonov, even tho he never really lived up to expectations I always liked him. I have a thing for russian players names that in in OV haha