• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tedenby

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's up with the kid? Hasn't taken that next step....anyone else frustrated?

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes and no.

i really love the kid and think he can develop into a 45-50 pt player, which at his size, and where we drafted him in the 1st round (24) thats great.

however im a big believer that sykora making the team was a blessing for him and a setback for him.

you'd have probably seen him this year, getting time as a wing with guy like elias and zubrus, and at the very least always playing with a player like clarkson. guys who are out there, contributing and can certainly be threats of varying levels. BUT sykora playing here this year, and how well he's playing pushes him down the chart.

these gives him development time in the NHL as opposed to the AHL which i view was a plus, and can only build his character. at times this year i've been extremely happy with him, as long as the puck is in the offensive zone :lol: which is good because of course i want to see him get better defensively but i also like the type of player he can be when he's with a bigger line like an elias and zubrus where defense will be less of a focus, simply because they'll have the puck more.

i think this year could really stand to benefit him. but only time will tell

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am also waiting. He does create chances if you watch him closely. He doesn't really finish, yet.
Part of the problem is you can tell he is trying to not make that mistake and make sure he is playing defensively responsible.
Remember, he got benched a few times because coach mentioned he made mistakes defensively. I heard he is benched tonight.

Also, he needs more skilled linemates since he plays a high skill game. You can't play a high level of give and goes with lot of passing with certain guys he has been paired up with.

Finally this offseason, he needs to add some strength. He doesn't shy away from contact which is good, but I think bulking up a few pounds will be good.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's out tonight, henrique is back in and josefson is staying in.

I wouldn't doubt tho that next year he could be a 40 pt guy if sykora is gone

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even with who his linemates are he has what 1 goal i think; that was against Ottawa and went off his face.

Maybe a trip to albany might restart him

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying for a while to trade him, hes got ALOT of potential so his value should still be high but hes not adding much right now besides energy

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He should have a few more goals that's for sure. He'd certainly be better off in Sykora's spot, but he still needs to earn that. Also, not getting any PP time can't be helping him either.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be drafted in the same year as Hendrique where he went in the first round and Hendrique in the third....I would say it is a bit frustrating.
Yes one can say Hendrique got a break since Zajac was injured but Hendrique worked hard and took full advantage of it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also doesnt hurt being between Parise and kovalchuk.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't trade him, there's no reason and that only thinks in the immediate future. Poni sykora and as we all know maybe even zach will be gone next year, were going to need a player with teddy talent. Don't kid yourself he's young. By devils standards he's a baby.
He's learning, so just let him do that. He's a player who needs to be in a top 6 role to be effective. Right now that's not available on this time. Why make him flounder and lose confidence sitting ?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't trade him, there's no reason and that only thinks in the immediate future. Poni sykora and as we all know maybe even zach will be gone next year, were going to need a player with teddy talent. Don't kid yourself he's young. By devils standards he's a baby.
He's learning, so just let him do that. He's a player who needs to be in a top 6 role to be effective. Right now that's not available on this time. Why make him flounder and lose confidence sitting ?

Agree . Also can't compare him to Henrique who is 6 ft 200 lbs. teds is much smaller and 175 which is very generous. He looks like a high school sophomore. I remember reading fire and ice and Elias making fun of how skinny he was.

Let him get minutes in the minors and bulk up a little bit this summer. Don't trade him. I see a lot of talent in him. Patience.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm just saying even tho the emergence of him and sykora too, two of the top 6 skill roles went out the window

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see him becoming much if he cant learn to stay on his feet.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
mm it is a shame, i had really high hopes for him this year.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 21 years old. I'm really not worried

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's 21 years old. I'm really not worried

Oh absolutely! I definitely think that's been forgotten on occasion. Just wonder how long now till he gets a solid chance again. Pretty disappointing for him, hopefully his confidence won't be too shaken by it.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will say though that i hope he isn't involved in a trade of some sort! I read someone mention that due to his potential but that'd be a mistake i think.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Lou and deboer both said on a Pregme show right after that he us undoubtedly in the teams long term plans and really all this move was about was jump starting him letting him score and feel good about his play again. Deboer even mentioned 'fir when we bring him back up'

I really think the only way he's involved in a trade is if the trade isn't a rental.

Also dont forget he's a skill wing. Chances are were going to be seeing any combination of poni, sykora, and maybe even zach leaving after this year. So spots that are ideal for a guy like teddy are going to open up