• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow would've made a game of it for Denver

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There isn't a quarterback in the NFL who could have won that game for Denver.

This and the way the rest of the Broncos played, I doubt any QB in history could have won that game by himself.

As for Tebow, the int number would have been 5, not 2.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:I dont really know how to respond

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a joke topic but you could wind the clock back 25 years, stick Joe Montana on this team and it wouldn't have made any difference.

Seattle scored 5 different ways. Denver's special teams was asleep, their pass D fell asleep (seriously the tackling? the hell?), their receivers were fumbling and making no YAC, their offensive line fell asleep.

Peyton didn't play a great game either but he had ZERO help. And Welker got drilled enough that he was not playing 100% either. Yah yah the stats.... garbage time stats.

Seriously? It was 100% QB play that put you up 22-0.

After that, denver got sloppy, but the game was over.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a quarterback in the NFL who could have won that game for Denver.

BINGO !!!!.....The team failed Peyton instead of the other way around.....WR's couldn't catch or hold onto the ball....RB's couldn't break an egg shell....And that center should be sent back to the sandlot where he belongs....But even worse was the coaching, going on 4th down early in the 3rd at the 50, are you completely insane Foxy? and kicking to the fastest guy on the field after halftime instead of out of endzone ? Brilliant ,if you are a gnat.....That bunch didn't deserve a high caliber qb like PM, plain and simple....They were NOT prepared at all for that battle and got totally embarrassed....:lame:effort.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to discuss and eventually come to agree ...

You would have to be mentally retarded and/or know nothing about football to start this thread. Tebow, as he has shown to multiple men whose JOB it is to determine whether or not a player has what it takes to be a starting QB, is not cut out for his position. Even the JETS- who welcome media circuses like shit welcomes flies- STILL did not think that (in the middle of a season) anything could possibly be gained by putting him on the field. After the NYJ released him, he was picked up for what, a month (?) by the Pats before they said "Wow, this guy is really beyond helping". It got so bad that Omaha Steaks was offering this dude a contract for their minor league football team.

Don't get me wrong. I think Tebow was mistreated by the NFL. He could have developed into a great QB with the right training over time, but part of the reason he was treated the way he was was because of a mixture of his inability to make the right sequence of reads on many plays, his inability to throw anything more than check-downs, and his recurring stubbornness when confronted with the thought that he may possibly serve the team better by playing another position. This made it easier and more justifiable for teams to treat him the way they did.

That's why it pisses me off when I see people buying into the cult of personality that is Tim Tebow. He had one good year where he got his team to the playoffs. When he finally came up against a defense that made his reads complex, AS WELL AS provided a rush, he broke down and got the shit kicked out of him.

In summary, is Timmy a minor-league-caliber QB? I don't think so. But I sure as hell don't think that he's anywhere close to a super-bowl caliber one. He could have benefited by maybe riding the bench a couple more years and working on his fundamentals, but that's hard to do when your fanatical fan base thinks you should be a bona fide starter wherever you go because of that cool kneel you do when you score a TD.

</rant>

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to be mentally retarded and/or know nothing about football to start this thread. Tebow, as he has shown to multiple men whose JOB it is to determine whether or not a player has what it takes to be a starting QB, is not cut out for his position. Even the JETS- who welcome media circuses like shit welcomes flies- STILL did not think that (in the middle of a season) anything could possibly be gained by putting him on the field. After the NYJ released him, he was picked up for what, a month (?) by the Pats before they said "Wow, this guy is really beyond helping". It got so bad that Omaha Steaks was offering this dude a contract for their minor league football team.

Don't get me wrong. I think Tebow was mistreated by the NFL. He could have developed into a great QB with the right training over time, but part of the reason he was treated the way he was was because of a mixture of his inability to make the right sequence of reads on many plays, his inability to throw anything more than check-downs, and his recurring stubbornness when confronted with the thought that he may possibly serve the team better by playing another position. This made it easier and more justifiable for teams to treat him the way they did.

That's why it pisses me off when I see people buying into the cult of personality that is Tim Tebow. He had one good year where he got his team to the playoffs. When he finally came up against a defense that made his reads complex, AS WELL AS provided a rush, he broke down and got the shit kicked out of him.

In summary, is Timmy a minor-league-caliber QB? I don't think so. But I sure as hell don't think that he's anywhere close to a super-bowl caliber one. He could have benefited by maybe riding the bench a couple more years and working on his fundamentals, but that's hard to do when your fanatical fan base thinks you should be a bona fide starter wherever you go because of that cool kneel you do when you score a TD.

</rant>

Chill out. It was tongue in cheek thread, nobody takes Tebow seriously as a NFL QB.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? It was 100% QB play that put you up 22-0.

After that, denver got sloppy, but the game was over.

Yes, seriously. It was not QB play that put us up 22-0, it was superior defensive play. Go review the NE game with the Broncos and count how many times he hit his spot and fired within 2-3 seconds. Why? His receivers were open. What happened in this game? He had to hold the ball much longer, he got happy feet and had pressure in his face. Why? His receivers were not open. Better CB/LB coverage, better D-line pressure and noone running wide open. Anyone who did get the ball pretty much got gutted right where they caught it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's quite funny that Denver bailed on Tebow and Manning got beatdown in the Super Bowl.

Colin Kaep had the best game versus Seattle and he's a young, mobile QB that can buy more time with his legs. Manning in the pocket = bad news against Seattle with that physical punishing D.

What's funnier is that Kyle Orion was the starter that year when Tebow took over and helped Denver win the AFC west. Now Orton is a back up and Tebow could be a backup somewhere but what team in the NFL wants that media circus + QB controversy created by the media for a backup?

That's why Tebow isn't playing. No one can tell me that Orton is better than Tebow.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just Tebow'ed out. I am so tired of hearing about him. He can't play.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, seriously. It was not QB play that put us up 22-0, it was superior defensive play. Go review the NE game with the Broncos and count how many times he hit his spot and fired within 2-3 seconds. Why? His receivers were open. What happened in this game? He had to hold the ball much longer, he got happy feet and had pressure in his face. Why? His receivers were not open. Better CB/LB coverage, better D-line pressure and noone running wide open. Anyone who did get the ball pretty much got gutted right where they caught it.

What happened different was Peyton played awful football.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's quite funny that Denver bailed on Tebow and Manning got beatdown in the Super Bowl.

Colin Kaep had the best game versus Seattle and he's a young, mobile QB that can buy more time with his legs. Manning in the pocket = bad news against Seattle with that physical punishing D.

What's funnier is that Kyle Orion was the starter that year when Tebow took over and helped Denver win the AFC west. Now Orton is a back up and Tebow could be a backup somewhere but what team in the NFL wants that media circus + QB controversy created by the media for a backup?

That's why Tebow isn't playing. No one can tell me that Orton is better than Tebow.

He is. It isn't close in any way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver wouldn't make the playoffs if Tebow was the QB

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The commerical was stupid but I was just glad to see Tebow getting some work.

I was expecting to see him signing up for unemployment benefits soon.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tebow is worse than Orton, then why did he take the Broncos to the playoffs after Orton started 1-4?

They had the same dam players!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Tebow is worse than Orton, then why did he take the Broncos to the playoffs after Orton started 1-4?

They had the same dam players!!

Oh my crap the things football fans say! :what: