• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEBOW SUCKS!!!

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly did Tebow a favor by cutting him. Tebow has a chance to go to Canadian football and show what he can do.
Tebow would be smart to do this. He can play the game he loves and show that he can be a great QB. IMO.
The field is larger in Canada, How's he gonna make the throws?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The field is larger in Canada, How's he gonna make the throws?
A typical response when the subject is Tebow. The field is 10 yards wider. That would give Tebow an advantage
since he would have more room to scramble and/or throw on the run.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A typical response when the subject is Tebow. The field is 10 yards wider. That would give Tebow an advantage since he would have more room to scramble and/or throw on the run.

And that is part of the problem. Tebow needs to develop as a passer not a scrambler/runner. That is the reason he is not in the NFL right now. The problem with the CFL having a wider field means the out patterns are going to longer which plays to one of his weaknesses of throwing out pattern because of his arm strength.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Tebow needs to develop as a pocket passer. However he has better arm strength than you think.
His problem is his release time. Jeremy Kerley, a wide receiver for the Jets in 2012, was quoted as saying that Tebow had a stronger arm than Sanchez. He said that Tebows passes had more Zip than A Sanchez pass.
Tebow needs improvement, he needs to look at the whole field before he starts running with the ball. Also he must get rid of the ball quicker. This will not happen unless he gets playing time. Kurt Warner was a guy that never gave up. Like Tebow he is a Christian man. He was cut as a 4th string QB. He went on to play arena football and then went on to play in Europe. He was noticed by the NFL and signed. Then he lead teams to the superbowl.
Tebow has the talent but he needs to be cultivated outside of the NFL in order to get another chance down the road.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Tebow needs to develop as a pocket passer. However he has better arm strength than you think. His problem is his release time. Jeremy Kerley, a wide receiver for the Jets in 2012, was quoted as saying that Tebow had a stronger arm than Sanchez. He said that Tebows passes had more Zip than A Sanchez pass.
Tebow needs improvement, he needs to look at the whole field before he starts running with the ball. Also he must get rid of the ball quicker. This will not happen unless he gets playing time. Kurt Warner was a guy that never gave up. Like Tebow he is a Christian man. He was cut as a 4th string QB. He went on to play arena football and then went on to play in Europe. He was noticed by the NFL and signed. Then he lead teams to the superbowl.Tebow has the talent but he needs to be cultivated outside of the NFL in order to get another chance down the road.

I can agree on all your points. I will admit to only going by reports I recently saw about his arm strength. My understanding that it was not as strong as people thought. His draft profile mentioned that he had a strong arm so I was a little suprised by that.

For Tebow he needs to learn how to read defenses and go through progressions. It was a knock against him in college and mentioned in his draft profile that he struggled in college with reading pro style defenses.

I just don't think he will develop into a QB at all. He has been on 4 teams and while he has improved some it was not enough to make an NFL team. He could very well prove me wrong and I will be one of the first to say he did it when and if he makes it happen. For him though there is only one way to do it and that is getting reps in one of the lower leagues. He is not good enough to beat out any of the current NFL Starting QB's and to be honest I am not sure he can beat out any of the backups either. That is a very daunting task for someone trying to catch on as a QB.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From USA Today:

If Tebow is cut before the season, the Eagles would owe him nothing other than standard stipends, including $195 for each day participating in offseason workouts and $1,800 a week in training camp.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Montreal Allouettes own Tebow's CFL rights. Montreal is 4-6 and have recently fired both their head coach and Offensive Coordinator. Their QB is an UDFA out of Marshall in his first year who seems to be playing okay but not great.

I can't imagine that Montreal wouldn't sign Tebow in a heartbeat if he decided he wanted to go that way. It should be something Tebow should consider. The question is whether any player could look good in that situation? Coming in midseason...poor team...coaching staff a mess...

If he goes there, he needs to be thinking of it as a two year deal. Go in and be the backup while he learns the system this year and plan on starting for a full year next year. That will really test your love of the game if you are willing to do that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for Tebow it has to be about development and being on a bad team may not be all that bad for him. He will get to develop with new players as a team rebuilds. I think it is his best shot of ever being an NFL QB again. If it works out and he Develops he could follow some good QB's that were in the CFL.

Joe Theisman
Warren Moon
Jeff Garcia
Doug Flutie

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already 28. Running out of time.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebows arm strength while not Elwayesque is top 10-15 for an NFL QB, his issue with throws to the outside, like most of his other throws, is placement and accuracy.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect Tebow to thrive there. Its not alot of sophisticated offenses or defenses going on, so his improvisational skills would really show up, along with his leadership both on the field and during the week.

I would just be worried about the coaching aspect...whether he would be receiving good coaching there.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team that has cut Tim Tebow has gone on to win the Super Bowl that year.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Tebow needs to develop as a pocket passer. However he has better arm strength than you think.
His problem is his release time. Jeremy Kerley, a wide receiver for the Jets in 2012, was quoted as saying that Tebow had a stronger arm than Sanchez. He said that Tebows passes had more Zip than A Sanchez pass.
Tebow needs improvement, he needs to look at the whole field before he starts running with the ball. Also he must get rid of the ball quicker. This will not happen unless he gets playing time. Kurt Warner was a guy that never gave up. Like Tebow he is a Christian man. He was cut as a 4th string QB. He went on to play arena football and then went on to play in Europe. He was noticed by the NFL and signed. Then he lead teams to the superbowl.
Tebow has the talent but he needs to be cultivated outside of the NFL in order to get another chance down the road.
I dont much care for Sanchez, so it matters not to me that Tebows arm is stronger than Sanchez.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Montreal Allouettes own Tebow's CFL rights. Montreal is 4-6 and have recently fired both their head coach and Offensive Coordinator. Their QB is an UDFA out of Marshall in his first year who seems to be playing okay but not great.

I can't imagine that Montreal wouldn't sign Tebow in a heartbeat if he decided he wanted to go that way. It should be something Tebow should consider. The question is whether any player could look good in that situation? Coming in midseason...poor team...coaching staff a mess...

If he goes there, he needs to be thinking of it as a two year deal. Go in and be the backup while he learns the system this year and plan on starting for a full year next year. That will really test your love of the game if you are willing to do that.
He's headed back to the SEC network: Tim Tebow Returning to SEC Network