• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams that you despise

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious who should be considered our biggest rivals nowadays. I'm a student now, so I can't help but view the UVA "rivalry" as a joke. And I didn't follow Hokie football in the WVU days so here's my list.

1. Georgia Tech - I reallyyyyy can't stand Paul Johnson. He is so cocky and I just don't like how they play football. Plus they are consistently our biggest competition for the coastal.
2. Miami - Always so much hype; It's just so exciting to beat them
3. Virginia - If it weren't for their fans, they wouldn't be on here. But one look at the Sabre and I'm breathing fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU is one for me. I'd probably say UVA is number 2. I'd list GT but its more a Paul Johnson thing. I've never met him but he just looks like he's a total asshole and you just want to punch him in the face when you see him. He could be a great guy, but something about him irks me.

And they aren't our rivals but I can't stand Notre Dame. They haven't been relevant nationally in 25 years yet they still slurped by the media

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BYU- just preparing for our new rivalry basically
2. Nevada- if we ever play them anymore
3. Hawaii
4. Fresno State
5. whoever's overrated, this spot usually goes to Notre Dame.

where's Idaho?? they're too inferior for me to hate them

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. West Virginia - Started following VT in the Big East days and still hate WVU. One of the best experiences I remember from going to a VT game when I was young was our last home game vs a ranked WVU team. We won, fans stormed the field and chanted "A-C-C! A-C-C! A-C-C!" as the visiting WVU fans chucked things on the field.

2. UNC - They've moved up here recently due to all of the NCAA stuff. My signature mostly addresses my reason for hating them. Them trying to block us coming to the ACC when in reality, they are now the ones making the ACC look bad.

3. Virginia - Agree the past few years have soured this rivalry. If they were competing in football they may be #1 on my list. I'm only reminded of how much I hate them when I visit UVA and realize how much they hate us. I will thoroughly enjoy sitting in the UVA students section on Nov. 26th laughing at UVA's students wearing ties and starting VT chants over their pathetic UVA chants.

4. Miami for being Miami.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC rivalries:

1a - Miami: Really heated game and we have a knack for knocking each other out of the national spotlight. Some of the most rocking game atmospheres at Lane has been when Miami came to town.

1b - GT: Not really a heated game, but they have been our biggest competition in the Coastal. Whomever wins this game normally ends up in the ACC CG and likely will be the case this Thursday. Look for a really hard fought game with the GT O vs. VT D as the headlines.

3 - BC: Up until the last couple years, this could have vied for the #1 spot due to the competition and meeting in the CG in back to back years. No matter what the records are, most years, this game comes down to the wire.

4 - UNC: Probably our 3rd toughest competition in the Coastal

5 - UVA: Depending upon what you believe, this could be the #1 rivalry due to history and geography, but hasn't been a rivalry in terms of competition in years. Granted, whenever we lose to UVA again, it will probably be considered their biggest win in a decade and probably will hear about it more than the JMU loss for years to come.

Big East rivalries:

1 - WVU: Just pure hatred and their fans certainly deserve all of the negative publicity they get and more.

2 - Miami: Same as above

3 - Cuse: McNabb days and playing in the dome sucked!

4 - Pitt: Fitzgerald years

5 - BC: Same as above

Overall in my point of view considering the last couple decades:

1 - WVU
2 - Miami
3 - UVA
4 - BC
5 - GT

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7x0dp.png

2. UVA
3. GT

Haven't been around long enough to hate WVU

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BYU- just preparing for our new rivalry basically
2. Nevada- if we ever play them anymore
3. Hawaii
4. Fresno State
5. whoever's overrated, this spot usually goes to Notre Dame.

where's Idaho?? they're too inferior for me to hate them

I'll join in the pity party for Idaho, sir. On the bright side they did give everyone a show in the humanitarian bowl a couple years back. Beating Bowling Green was probably the biggest win in school history :L

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my freshman year at virginia tech was in 2004. since we were no longer in the big east, i never really developed the hatred for wvu since we have only played them 2 times after i became a student at tech, which is really a shame. for me, i hate uva far and away as my #1. i hate the attitude of their students and alumni, the arrogance, the snobbery, everything. after that, i dont hate any other teams. ive yet to find the hatred for miami, i dont know if thats also because since i became a student there they werent that great anymore. second would probably be clemson because when i went to a game down there their fans were really pathetic towards me and my friends. i hate duke for basketball more than anyone, because of the fans. other teams i despise include tOSU and florida

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My freshman year in 05 I went to out last game at wvu. There is no team even close to the hate I have for their team and fans.

2. tOSU - I'm from Ohio and their fans literally know nothing aside from Ohio state. Definitely nothing beyond the B10

3. USCar - no fan base love to ride SEC coattails more so than cock fans. They've never even won their conference but will be the first to tell you how great they are bc they are in the SEC

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. WVU. No explanation really needed.
2. UVA. Close second. See above
3. Tenn. I Grew up around tons of Vols fans, so it's natural to hate their team for no reason.
4. ND. I'm not sure why...I just can't stand them (probably Kelly though)
5. GT. Stupid option offense...and Paul Johnson. I just don't like him.
5. Southern Cal. Kiffin + Media Darling = Hate.

And yes, there are two 5's. They're tied for 5th on my list.

Random Popeye --> :pops:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1)WVU: WVU's fans are the crappiest in all the land so i think that makes them the most heated rival.

2)Miami: I think cobrabit hit it on the head above!

3)UVA: There fans are basically the exact opposite of WVU yet the two manage to suck equally!

^ these are the only teams i consider to be actual rivals, but i give GT, UNC, and BC honorable mention.

I'd also like to throw VMI out there. Way before my time but i've heard some crazy stories about these games and the rivalry.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 - UVA: Depending upon what you believe, this could be the #1 rivalry due to history and geography, but hasn't been a rivalry in terms of competition in years. Granted, whenever we lose to UVA again, it will probably be considered their biggest win in a decade and probably will hear about it more than the JMU loss for years to come.

I've got a bottle of 101 stored away to drown it out just for when the day comes. Hopefully it'll stay in the closet collecting dust for a few more years though.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-washington
-oregon state
-USC
-West Virginia

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to throw VMI out there. Way before my time but i've heard some crazy stories about these games and the rivalry.

I'll just say that the Corps does still store a decent amount of dislike for the Keydets, a few trips were made to Lynchburg when I was at Tech.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say that the Corps does still store a decent amount of dislike for the Keydets, a few trips were made to Lynchburg when I was at Tech.

Why did you go to Lynchburg when VMI is in Lexington? :lol:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) UNC
2) VPI&SU
3) Maryland
4) Any team from the Pac 12. Their refs have screwed us on multiple occassions.