• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams Show Interest In #2 Pick

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there's always countless scenarios but I have to believe Atlanta is the favorite trade partner.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets assume Houston picks Bortles...

Manzy just had an explosive Pro day (laughing) and teams like the Raiders, Jags and Cleveland are going to be fighting over him. I know we've all have heard the stories about them not being interested but bad teams stay bad because they're dumb. And we know there are no GM's that are dumber than the Raiders, Cleve, and Jax. So without getting ahead of ourselves or our FO getting too overconfident I think one of these 3 stooges will be our trading partner. I don't expect to get an RGIII type of deal out of it but I expect to at least one 1st rounder out of it and a second.
I don't think we trade back with Atlanta unless they want to give up the farm. Reason being is because it really takes us out of position on who we really want in this draft. We don't want the blackmon fiasco to happen again even tho we ended up lucking out on that one. Still Blackmon is/would be a great WR if he could just keep his nose clean.
I think our trade partner will be the Raiders. They have a young inexperienced GM who loves Manzy. It also really works out for the both teams. It works out for them because they'll think they're getting the next Drew Brees and it works out for the Rams because the Raiders will suck for years to come and if we end up getting next years 1st for it and we could be picking exactly where we are now. Which would benefit us the most. Especially if Bradford doesnt work out.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure that there is a sure fire way to make sure we get Watkins other than staying at #2. If we move to #4, Cleveland may take Watkins over a QB at #2. If we move to #5, Cleveland will surely take Watkins at #4 over the QB that is left. That being said, ending up with Robinson or Matthews and then someone like Evans would be ok too.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets assume Houston picks Bortles...

Manzy just had an explosive Pro day (laughing) and teams like the Raiders, Jags and Cleveland are going to be fighting over him. I know we've all have heard the stories about them not being interested but bad teams stay bad because they're dumb. And we know there are no GM's that are dumber than the Raiders, Cleve, and Jax. So without getting ahead of ourselves or our FO getting too overconfident I think one of these 3 stooges will be our trading partner. I don't expect to get an RGIII type of deal out of it but I expect to at least one 1st rounder out of it and a second.
I don't think we trade back with Atlanta unless they want to give up the farm. Reason being is because it really takes us out of position on who we really want in this draft. We don't want the blackmon fiasco to happen again even tho we ended up lucking out on that one. Still Blackmon is/would be a great WR if he could just keep his nose clean.
I think our trade partner will be the Raiders. They have a young inexperienced GM who loves Manzy. It also really works out for the both teams. It works out for them because they'll think they're getting the next Drew Brees and it works out for the Rams because the Raiders will suck for years to come and if we end up getting next years 1st for it and we could be picking exactly where we are now. Which would benefit us the most. Especially if Bradford doesnt work out.

Not that I don't disagree with Oak/Celv/Jax are the best trading partners, but I understand the Manzy hate or any of that hyperbole

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Manzy is nothing better than a 2nd or 3rd day guy. Just IMO of course.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like some sort of study or survey to see how much JFF is hated on the west coast vs how much he's loved elsewhere, particularly the south/Texas and parts of the midwest. I'm still convinced part of the hate is because of the SEC resentment.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Rams will trade down for extra picks and use them for guys no one will remember a year from now.

Draft a playmaker at the No. 2 spot (Sammie Watkins). If you don't score some points in this League you won't go to the playoffs. The Rams don't have to trade down to improve.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silas, how did trading up for a "playmaker" work last year? Did he light it up as a rookie?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silas, how did trading up for a "playmaker" work last year? Did he light it up as a rookie?

You know damn well that Austin was not used effectively until about week 10. I predict 1500 all purpose yards for Tavon this year.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know damn well that Austin was not used effectively until about week 10. I predict 1500 all purpose yards for Tavon this year.

You must think he's really going to light it up on returns KSU. Either that or you think we have Peyton Manning on our team, because Austin ain't getting a large chunk of that receiving. Not with wennie boy at QB and wennie boy #2 at Offensive coordinator.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not as good as it could and should have been because Fisher drug his feet putting Austin in games and then didn't play him enough when he did put him in.

The Rams already have enough guys standing around on the sidelines.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but TA played pretty well last year. You guys forget about all of the plays he had called back. Including a couple of TD throws and a couple of returns. Some of you are real wieners.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but TA played pretty well last year. You guys forget about all of the plays he had called back. Including a couple of TD throws and a couple of returns. Some of you are real wieners.

Most of Austin's stats came in like 2 games.

The rest he was pretty mediocre.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok here's some stats for you just off the top of my head.

He had 1 long TD pass called back from Jake Long tripped.
Another long pass called back for Oline holding (non TD)
a long end around play called back due to Oline holding

4 long punt returns called back due to blocks in the back by ..........Ray ray and other dumb idiots.

Point is if he had half of those calls put back on the board he would have had a much better year. You can't put those silly things on him. He's a gamer.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have a better year than last year if they use him more, but then you revert back to the argument that can someone his size play an entire schedule or be used that much and remain healthy? If I'm a DB, I know it wouldn't take much to knock him out of a game.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya that one 50 yarder that he got hurt on was a total cheap shot.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so the Rams drafted a huge playmaker, he made the huge plays, and the team won the same number of games...interesting. My point is that "splash" players only make a difference if you are only a splash away from winning already. Let's build a team from the inside out, not opposite.