• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: TCU @ Texas Tech, 3:45pm CENTRAL; Lubbock, TX; I think it's on Fox

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dora the explorer couldnt color a a poopy stick. those fucking lsoers fucks.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dora the explorer couldnt color a a poopy stick. those fucking lsoers fucks.

Dora is like 4 years old and speaks two languages.

You WISH TTech were the Dora of colleges. Beavis and Butthead, perhaps.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dora is like 4 years old and speaks two languages.

You WISH TTech were the Dora of colleges. Beavis and Butthead, perhaps.
Dat bitch don't speak no language doode! She speak backpack muthafucka

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that monkey. Fuck that monkey yo

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU is #2 in the coaches poll.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU is missing some of their best defensive players but their offense is probably the best in the nation.

Is it really considered "missing" if their best defensive players graduated after last season, quit the team during this season, and are out for the year with season ending surgeries? At what point does TCU get judged for the talent/skill/ability/defense they can actually put on the field?

Every team deals with injuries, but when you're started freshmen safeties and fullbacks at linebacker then at some point the perception of TCU has to change from "injured" or "missing key players" to "not that great, or not the most skilled/talented/experienced, etc."

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really considered "missing" if their best defensive players graduated after last season, quit the team during this season, and are out for the year with season ending surgeries? At what point does TCU get judged for the talent/skill/ability/defense they can actually put on the field?

Every team deals with injuries, but when you're started freshmen safeties and fullbacks at linebacker then at some point the perception of TCU has to change from "injured" or "missing key players" to "not that great, or not the most skilled/talented/experienced, etc."
They are #2 in the coaches poll so I'd call them a great team.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plenty of teams don't drop when winning games against perceptibly weaker opponents.

If there are teams close behind them with perceptibly much better victories, then we can talk. Until then, become an AP pollster or kick rocks I guess.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are #2 in the coaches poll so I'd call them a great team.

Plenty of teams don't drop when winning games against perceptibly weaker opponents.

If there are teams close behind them with perceptibly much better victories, then we can talk. Until then, become an AP pollster or kick rocks I guess.

Because they had a really good team (offense and defense) last year. TCU is a good team, but to validate them by saying that they're missing good defensive players is silly if most of those defensive players are not going to play this year. If they're the second best team because they're offense is so great, that's fine. If they're number 2 because they're winning games and playing the best, that's fine. But, if they're number 2 because they had a great year last year and their best defensive players are out for the year, that's asinine.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they had a really good team (offense and defense) last year. TCU is a good team, but to validate them by saying that they're missing good defensive players is silly if most of those defensive players are not going to play this year. If they're the second best team because they're offense is so great, that's fine. If they're number 2 because they're winning games and playing the best, that's fine. But, if they're number 2 because they had a great year last year and their best defensive players are out for the year, that's asinine.
How good is Texas Tech? They've beaten every team they had faced so far by double digits...including Arkansas who is currently leading #14 Texas A&M.

Nobody really knows how good anyone is still. We'll need to be 6 or 7 games in before we can really start to make informed opinions I think.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we have polls too damned early IMO, someone has to be #2...and no one has earned it at this point, again IMHO. Ole Miss damn sure doesn't look like it right now.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good is Texas Tech? They've beaten every team they had faced so far by double digits...including Arkansas who is currently leading #14 Texas A&M.

Nobody really knows how good anyone is still. We'll need to be 6 or 7 games in before we can really start to make informed opinions I think.

You're missing the point. What I'm saying is the excuse about injuries is ridiculous when players aren't returning. If I remember correctly, TCU is not expecting a much better defense in the future. The players that they're missing are gone. They have a guy or two that will return, but the rest will not. There's a difference in having injured players out for a game and having players out for forever.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point. What I'm saying is the excuse about injuries is ridiculous when players aren't returning. If I remember correctly, TCU is not expecting a much better defense in the future. The players that they're missing are gone. They have a guy or two that will return, but the rest will not. There's a difference in having injured players out for a game and having players out for forever.
Ok.

Well, I guess we'll have to move them down in the rankings because of personnel issues that may impact them in the future.

You win.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying...but the injuries that are out right now are for the replacements that took over from last year. So, they lost both....those that graduated, gone, etc and the ones that replace them too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dat bitch don't speak no language doode! She speak backpack muthafucka

lel, best description of that show I ever saw:

"Dora, a 4 year old that speaks two languages but can't find fucking objects right beside her"