• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TC thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

people forget franklin , he could have just had a sophomore slump . he is dynamic and his payoff game vs the bucs was awesome

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well havent i said that before ? he would have to contribute to the offense as well as being a returner ?

My point is Harmon and Agg could be better Wr's but Carter can return and will make the roster. While Harmon and Agg would go to the PS.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. When is the last time Carter returned one for a TD?

And your point on the PS?

Doesn't matter he is the best returner on the team. My point of the PS is that we can protect players so even though Carter is not the best WR he will make the team b/c of his return skills. While Agg and harmon are better WR's than Carter they will go to the PS and get protected.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter he is the best returner on the team. My point of the PS is that we can protect players so even though Carter is not the best WR he will make the team b/c of his return skills. While Agg and harmon are better WR's than Carter they will go to the PS and get protected.

What makes him the best returner on the team exactly?

Why won’t Steven Sims make it exactly? Quantify why Carter is better as a player because I will likely disagree with you.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rookie year steven sims makes this team but as stated all 4-6 wrs are subject to being replaced . i like humphires , but brown , samuel and TMac are our 3 best wrs , and samuel is a slot
now our guys move around and humphries should make the team but sims , harmon , and AGG are in the mix to make it with the carter /franklin winner
you don’t know that

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rookie year steven sims makes this team but as stated all 4-6 wrs are subject to being replaced . i like humphires , but brown , samuel and TMac are our 3 best wrs , and samuel is a slot
now our guys move around and humphries should make the team but sims , harmon , and AGG are in the mix to make it with the carter /franklin winner .

if you are a harmon or AGG you have to contribute on special teams , if you are a sims or carter you have to contribute on offense

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes him the best returner on the team exactly?

Why won’t Steven Sims make it exactly? Quantify why Carter is better as a player because I will likely disagree with you.

If they thought Sims was a good returner they wouldn't have never brought Carter in. If Sims beats out Carter return wise then yes he will make the team. IMO Sims was awful last year as a returner and WR. He has great speed but very questionable hands. Apparently Carter is having a good camp as a WR and with his return abilities should lock up the 6th WR position. If somehow they keep 7, Harmon and Agg would be next in line. I would be shocked if S. Sims, Wright, or Miline make this team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

now our guys move around and humphries should make the team but sims , harmon , and AGG are in the mix to make it with the carter /franklin winner

you don’t know that

I think its pretty obvious right now. Plus Carter is having a good camp so far as a WR. He is catching everything. So that should cement him in for making the team. Samuel can play anywhere. I doubt they take Humphries out on 3rd down.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they thought Sims was a good returner they wouldn't have never brought Carter in. If Sims beats out Carter return wise then yes he will make the team. IMO Sims was awful last year as a returner and WR. He has great speed but very questionable hands. Apparently Carter is having a good camp as a WR and with his return abilities should lock up the 6th WR position. If somehow they keep 7, Harmon and Agg would be next in line. I would be shocked if S. Sims, Wright, or Miline make this team.
you bring in competition at almost every position particularly at wr with the issues we had . sims caught 73% of his targets so could the uncertainty at qb could have had an impact

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Sims didn’t have problems last season, they wouldn’t have brought in competition. That is what Carter is. Carter is not great. He is a middle of the pack returner. There is a reason he played for 2 teams in 2018 and 2 teams in 2020.

Lets compare last season…
Deandre Carter- 1 catch for 8 yards
Steven Sims- 27 catches for 265 yards

Deandre Carter- KR average 20.8 yards with 0 TDs
Steven Sims wasnt really used as a KR last season. Prior season he averaged 25.6 with a TD.

Deandre Carter- PR average of 8.4 with 0 TDS.
Steven Sims- PR average of 6.7.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sims didn’t have problems last season, they wouldn’t have brought in competition. That is what Carter is. Carter is not great. He is a middle of the pack returner. There is a reason he played for 2 teams in 2018 and 2 teams in 2020.

Lets compare last season…
Deandre Carter- 1 catch for 8 yards
Steven Sims- 27 catches for 265 yards

Deandre Carter- KR average 20.8 yards with 0 TDs
Steven Sims wasnt really used as a KR last season. Prior season he averaged 25.6 with a TD.

Deandre Carter- PR average of 8.4 with 0 TDS.
Steven Sims- PR average of 6.7.
Similar players. Carter having got less opportunities. :noidea:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar players. Carter having got less opportunities. :noidea:
You have to earn opportunity. If carter is better then Harmon , AGG , Franklin Wright in our offense and he wins the return job then he is on the team .
But you don’t cut better players for an avg returner who is only a returner .
this hole debate about carter comes down to can he contribute on offense