• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tavon Austin

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like everyone in the league is begging to get their hands on Tavon Austin. Gruden was drooling all over himself talking about him on the Evil Empire. I've seen tape on the kid and he looks to be more of a Percy Harvin type player than a conventional WR.

My question is this. What is the difference between Denard Robinson and Tavon Austin. They have similar speed and quickness. Neither is getting tackled in the open field. Tavon has suspect hands and Denard has untested hands. The biggest advantage that I can see is in route running but I expect both of these athletes to be catching the bulk of their passes near the line of scrimmage. Both are fragile but Denard has to be considered glass-like.

I wasn't a big fan of DRob at Michigan mostly because of the way he was used (QB).

I just don't see that big of a gap between the two athletes.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's all about perception and momentum. Really that's all the draft is EVER about. The truth is no one knows how any of these college kids will do in the NFL. DRob might end up being a great slot receiver in the NFL. But the perception is that Austin is more of a sure thing. And the momentum has continued to build basically ensuring that Austin will be a Top 10 pick while DRob will likely be a late round steal.