• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tavon Austin

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this ould be in the college thread but I thin it needs to be highlighted.

Tavon Austin's historic performance

Do you guys understand wht type of player this kid is? He usually plays slot wr, however his ability out of the backfield has been amazing but damn, 344 yards rushing! He also had 82 recieving and 142 return yards yesterday.

We're going to have a need at return/wr/playmaker and he needs to be the pickup with our 1st round pick.

Unstoppable: Tavon Austin NCAA Football Highlights! - YouTube
:wtf:

The next Percy Harvin is his worst case!

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like him a lot. But he's no Percy Harvin. He does have better hands than Percy though, and is a much better route runner than Percy back when Percy was a prospect coming out of college.

There was a mock draft I posted earlier this week in the other college/nfl draft thread in which projected us selecting Tavon in the first. I said I would be happy with that pick if we had indeed gone that route.

LMJ, Tavon Austin, Davis, Jenkins, would give us too much speed to handle.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Austin, but I'd like DeAndre Hopkins better if he declares.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have Harvin's straight line speed, but is just as explosive and like Bingo said, is a much more polished WR coming out. I actually like him much better than I did Harvin coming out, but I wasn't as high on him as a lot of people.

Austin is damn fun to watch.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Austin, but I'd like DeAndre Hopkins better if he declares.

I'm having a brain fart! He plays for Clemson right?! If that's the same kid I'm thinking of I heard he runs a solid low 4.4/40 and from what I've seen, he has some size to him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Hopkins. We can make a much worse pick.

Disregard my last post. I stopped being lazy and googled his name. It is the same player I was thinking about.

Clyde, is Hopkins a one year wonder type of prospect? Michael Brockers type like prospect, but at the WR position? I don't remember much about Hopkins last year.

His name became familiar to me during spring football. I remember watching a game on ESPN and he did his thing during spring football. It wasn't a fluke (at least at that level) because he carried that momentum into the regular season. When Watkins was out, he exploded.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disregard my last post. I stopped being lazy and googled his name. It is the same player I was thinking about.

Clyde, is Hopkins a one year wonder type of prospect? Michael Brockers type like prospect, but at the WR position? I don't remember much about Hopkins last year.

His name became familiar to me during spring football. I remember watching a game on ESPN and he did his thing during spring football. It wasn't a fluke (at least at that level) because he carried that momentum into the regular season. When Watkins was out, he exploded.

Hopkins is legit. I have him more of a second rounder, but his potential is through the roof, IMO. Great route runner, good hands, really quick out of his cuts, and is smart and knows how to work his QB. He's not on Watkins' level, but he can be a really, really good #2 type in the league.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopkins is legit. I have him more of a second rounder, but his potential is through the roof, IMO. Great route runner, good hands, really quick out of his cuts, and is smart and knows how to work his QB. He's not on Watkins' level, but he can be a really, really good #2 type in the league.

Thanks for that info.

He probably would work well with Shanahan, RGIII, Garcon, and company. They need to let a lot of their current receivers go and start a new depth chart from scratch with regard to that position. I thought he was taller than what he's listed at. On TV to me he seems at least 2inches taller than his actual listed height.