• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tatis suspended for 80 games

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just think if there is any truth to the ringworm medication thing they could maybe investigate it and possibly reduce it if they found it to be true. Like if it was prescribed by a reputable doctor and he just was too dumb to ask the doctor all the ingredients or something. I'm not sure if going full zero tolerance on these guys is the best thing.
On the other hand I have no idea if mlb does look into these things before issuing a suspension so maybe they are performing due diligence.
Also baseball players are notorious liars, so who knows how much truth there is to the ringworm excuse.

It does suck though. He was one of the best players in the game.
It is not likely that an anabolic steroid would be contained in ringworm medication. Topical steroids, sure (hydrocortisone and things of that nature).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is getting killed in the media. First a motorcycle accident, now this

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't even work out with the team. Several of his teammates were questioning him on his commitment (most notably Justin morneau) to the team and he just took his ball and went home. One of the bigger bitches in sports history.

I can be as hard on Milk Toast Mauer as anyone. But you're rewriting the history a little bit. His switch from catcher to first was directly related to concussions.

His weight gain was very irritating and that "Bilateral Leg Weakness" was utterly embarrassing.

He never would have commanded that kind of money if Target Field had been built 5 years earlier because he never would have won MVP outside of the Metrodome. Playing in that dump probably added 30% of his power.

He's also the most boring guy ever, even if he was a workout junkie (and as you said, he wasn't), he didn't have the personality to fire up a team to rally behind him.

All that being said, were it not for the concussions, he would have continued to try to catch because that is an easier path to making All-Star team. But his team wanted to try to protect their investment by moving him to a safer position.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is getting killed in the media. First a motorcycle accident, now this

He should be catching hell. He's just like the old steroid users who all came up with lame excuses.

Palmeiro pointing his finger at congress and then 2 months later testing positive. McGwire crying and saying he's not going to talk about the past. Sosa forgetting how to speak English. Etc.

One pitcher on my team, Rincon, even used the Nasonex defense.

There was one player that I ever saw own up to it and that was Matt Lawton at age 34. And he just basically said: "Yeah I did it, I was trying to extend my career, I'm very sorry and I'm not appealing".

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be catching hell. He's just like the old steroid users who all came up with lame excuses.

Palmeiro pointing his finger at congress and then 2 months later testing positive. McGwire crying and saying he's not going to talk about the past. Sosa forgetting how to speak English. Etc.

One pitcher on my team, Rincon, even used the Nasonex defense.

There was one player that I ever saw own up to it and that was Matt Lawton at age 34. And he just basically said: "Yeah I did it, I was trying to extend my career, I'm very sorry and I'm not appealing".
I don't remember Lawton but for some reason I kind of remember the Giambi brothers, or at least one of them wanted to come clean but maybe the union wouldn't let them or something. (Of course I could have completely imagined this).

But I guess none of this should surprise us. Lying has always been part of the culture in baseball, starting with every manager that ever went to a press conference after one of his pitchers blatantly hit someone on purpose and said with a straight face "that ball just got away from him".

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It woold have been funny if he got suspended the same day the Rangers fired Woodward.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just think if there is any truth to the ringworm medication thing they could maybe investigate it and possibly reduce it if they found it to be true. Like if it was prescribed by a reputable doctor and he just was too dumb to ask the doctor all the ingredients or something. I'm not sure if going full zero tolerance on these guys is the best thing.
On the other hand I have no idea if mlb does look into these things before issuing a suspension so maybe they are performing due diligence.
Also baseball players are notorious liars, so who knows how much truth there is to the ringworm excuse.

It does suck though. He was one of the best players in the game.
Yeah it's all on him to ask the doctor what is in this drug.

The thing about Clostebol is it really is used to treat ringworm, that checks out. The weird thing is why would he use this drug to recover from his injury? There are tons of others that are better, well-known drugs that would have crazy better results, that part doesn't make sense this is a weak PED. So I kind of believe his excuse. It's still all on him though, stupid mistake. You are getting paid $400M dude you better ask your team of professionals before you take anything. You can't make a stupid mistake like this when you are making that much money and an organization depends on you to this degree.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's all on him to ask the doctor what is in this drug.

The thing about Clostebol is it really is used to treat ringworm, that checks out. The weird thing is why would he use this drug to recover from his injury? There are tons of others that are better, well-known drugs that would have crazy better results, that part doesn't make sense this is a weak PED. So I kind of believe his excuse. It's still all on him though, stupid mistake. You are getting paid $400M dude you better ask your team of professionals before you take anything. You can't make a stupid mistake like this when you are making that much money and an organization depends on you to this degree.
That’s the thing with him, though. He stoo-pid. He doesn’t make smart choices, and the Padres are just about fed up with his BS. When Machado looks like the wise vet with leadership skills, you know you have a kid with issues.