• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Targets: SP

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop that.

I just happened to flip on HBO this morning and Only the Lonely was on...and John Candy was having a picnic date with Ally Sheedy in the infield of old Comiskey, talking about how it's a shame they're tearing it down, and they lit up the scoreboard. The feels.

It sucks that we suck with possibly no end in the near future, but I'll still take it.
can't help it. longtime suffering sox fan even WITH '05 thrown in.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't help it. longtime suffering sox fan even WITH '05 thrown in.

Giolito
Keuchel/Ryu***
Gio Gonzalez
Rodon
Kopech
Reynaldo Lopez
Cease

We should be able to find a somewhat reasonable rotation there. A far cry better than last year, that's for sure. I would expect Giolito to come down to earth some...but since Lopez (for a half season) and the MASH crew were SO BAD, we'd have to better than the sh*tpile we put out there last season. How much better is the question.

The hitting should be better too...but yeah, if we make that last SP signing with one of the 2 remaining pitchers mentioned above, we should be better on both sides...Yes, only because we were so horribly bad at some positions-so that is not saying much...but 80+ wins is possible with this team if the mainstays don't regress in 2020....Considering we haven't won that many games in 8 years, it would be a welcome change.

Yes, I'm VERY skeptical of this team...but there is hope we're not complete dogsh*t. We'll know in a few months.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giolito
Keuchel/Ryu***
Gio Gonzalez
Rodon
Kopech
Reynaldo Lopez
Cease

We should be able to find a somewhat reasonable rotation there. A far cry better than last year, that's for sure. I would expect Giolito to come down to earth some...but since Lopez (for a half season) and the MASH crew were SO BAD, we'd have to better than the sh*tpile we put out there last season. How much better is the question.

The hitting should be better too...but yeah, if we make that last SP signing with one of the 2 remaining pitchers mentioned above, we should be better on both sides...Yes, only because we were so horribly bad at some positions-so that is not saying much...but 80+ wins is possible with this team if the mainstays don't regress in 2020....Considering we haven't won that many games in 8 years, it would be a welcome change.

Yes, I'm VERY skeptical of this team...but there is hope we're not complete dogsh*t. We'll know in a few months.
the sox have earned everyone's skepticism. yes, IF no one regresses in hitting and IF we get another starter and IF the other starters improve. like every other year we always have to hope everyone has their best years .... together .... (like '05). but you and i both know there's only little chance of that happening. they are doing almost nothing to improve this teams chances.
those pitchers you mentioned?
we don't have ryu, or keuchel.
i expect giolito to be a fair pitcher
gio was yet another waste of acquisition
rodon has no potential in my mind anymore
kopech would be an amazing surprise if he pitched like we all hoped. so far he's done nothing!
lopez MIGHT be an acceptable 5th starter
cease has shown nothing. everyone on this list is touted but other than giolito, they've all done nothing!
as for keuchel? was 8-8 for a really good atlanta team. his last four years he was 43 - 36 for exceptionally good teams. he's no longer the keuchel we once heard about. and he'd be pitching for the sox! plus he'd be making what? $20M a year? i'd rather go with the cheaper nobodies we have.
ryu? yes he could be good. but, he'll be 33 before the season starts and has a bad history of injuries. i would gamble on him but, i wouldn't expect his AL numbers to match his NL history.

so let's look at this both ways .... almost everyone has their best season. anderson, moncada, giolito, jiminez all prove they weren't just blowing smoke up our asses last year, abreu doesn't start to show his real age (whatever that might be) and the kid pitchers all have great seasons.
then the other way .... and i won't go into the gory details but you get the picture. now average that out and realistically we're looking at a team hat isn't much better than last year and MIGHT break .500, and i wouldn't put any money on that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
source for this?
It was reported in one of our local rags. I read that too. Insane that the Red Sox thinks we'd give up two of our top prospects for a pitcher on the down side of his career, not to mention that horrific salary.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported in one of our local rags. I read that too. Insane that the Red Sox thinks we'd give up two of our top prospects for a pitcher on the down side of his career, not to mention that horrific salary.

I doubt that’s accurate.

probably just a way to cya over not getting a deal done.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that’s accurate.

probably just a way to cya over not getting a deal done.
I'm not suggesting it was a legit trade attempt, only that it was reported as such. I'm sure you agree just as much at how silly it sounds.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting it was a legit trade attempt, only that it was reported as such. I'm sure you agree just as much at how silly it sounds.

That’s why I don’t buy it.

It doesn’t pass the smell test. It’s just too ridiculous to ask for.

A couple of lower level guys and some draft/international money...that’s what they should be looking for