• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tank or Ertz here at 34

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure but I think good DEs are easier to find than an every-down RB.

I think it's the other way around, the reason RB value is dropping in drafts is because they are so easy to find. I think it's the easiest position to fill.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ertz is the best TE in the draft but it's too early for that position for us IMO. Carradine makes much more sense. Justin Hunter too. We can always take a Gavin Escobar later in the 3rd and not have that much of a drop off.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think its any secret who the two guys we are looking at with this next pick, I want big Tank, who could take over for J-Smith in a year or two. How nice would our draft be if we get Tank. We would have our future starting DE and FS with the first 2 picks to a team that is already stacked

if one has clearly more value than the other, draft him. if their values are "too close to call", go defense. from what i've been reading here, seems like Tank has more value?

strengthen the D first, we can't have play-off teams scoring so many points.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ertz is the best TE in the draft but it's too early for that position for us IMO. Carradine makes much more sense. Justin Hunter too. We can always take a Gavin Escobar later in the 3rd and not have that much of a drop off.

If you think Ertz is better than Eifert, then you need to watch a lot more tape.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Youre a Stanford fan, the bias is obvious. I can see why you think Ertz is better now even though Eifert is better in the red zone, a better WR, a better blocker and was more athletic at the combine.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre a Stanford fan, the bias is obvious. I can see why you think Ertz is better now even though Eifert is better in the red zone, a better WR, a better blocker and was more athletic at the combine.

Forget the combine, Ertz's is a smoother, more fluid athlete and has better ball skills. And I don't think Eifert is better in the red zone at all.

But I'm not gonna sit here and go back and forth, we'll agree to disagree.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eifert has the best ball skills in the draft and is MUCH better in the red zone. But agree to disagree we will. No since arguing with someone who has a bias like that.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My theory is that Baalke gives the HC the 2nd round pick. (Mays, Kaepernick, and James all seem like a HC decisions) So if Harbaugh is choosing here, I can see us going for Justin Hunter.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My theory is that Baalke gives the HC the 2nd round pick. (Mays, Kaepernick, and James all seem like a HC decisions) So if Harbaugh is choosing here, I can see us going for Justin Hunter.

if this is the case, i'll guess Ertz. more because Harbaugh likes his TE's, not the Stanford connection.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if this is the case, i'll guess Ertz. more because Harbaugh likes his TE's, not the Stanford connection.

Ugh and I can also see that too, but that's worst-case scenario. Rather get Toilolo in the later rounds

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Forget the combine, Ertz's is a smoother, more fluid athlete and has better ball skills. And I don't think Eifert is better in the red zone at all.

I've gotta go with Tubbs on this one. Eifert's smoother & has better ball skills, and it's not even that close.

edillingham001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trying very hard to stifle my SDSU bias...Escobar is a step below the top TEs in this draft. He is (relatively) slow and is not dynamic after the catch. That said, he catches absolutely everything which would be a nice change from DWalk. His blocking is average, but after seeing the kind of blocker they have made out of VD, and even Walker, that might be remedied.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There it is, big Tank, another future starter with Reid. 2 damn good picks