• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

take your guesses

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supposedly the real roster will be spit out tomorrow.. what are you guesses as to the final roster everybody?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Parise-Elias-Sykora
Kovalchuk-JJ-Palmieri
Tedenby-Zubrus-Clarkson
Henrique-Steckel-Boulton/Mills

Tallinder-Greene
Salvador-Atrain
Larsson-Fayne
Fraser (Maybe Urbom) Hardest choice to make..

Marty
Hedberg

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would assume they'll pretty much get everybody squared away tomorrow and put the guys on waivers that need to be sent there. Urbom's such a wildcard. Deboer had some really positive things to say about his play especially after he held him out of all the games until two days ago.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its amazing to me that no one in the media or on boards is talking about how the emergence of sykora may have very well taken a spot away from henrique, for now at least, by pushing zubs back to center. and that can only be a testament to sykie

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thing that i find glarring there and not taking anything away from him and yeah he was ok last year. just looking at palmeri on the 2nd line with kovalchuk ugh just a wasted spot there! put tedenby in there i hope.

werent they trying sykora out at center?

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
originally but they moved him back to wing.

personally i don't think teddy can go on that line only because defensively, for now, it would be a night mare. give him a little more time to learn. i like palmieri there last year, but so far this preseason he's looked AWFUL. i hope he can right his ship soon.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah just looks like stud/potential/dud

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deboer said that he's seeing steady progress from Palmieri a few days ago, and that from his experience power forwards tend to take the longest time to get back into the swing of the game... blah, blah, blah.

Here's a nice read about Palmieri. I know the Scouts and development personnel have been really high on him since they drafted him. He's not a pretty skater, so he absolutely needs to play to his strengths, which is being huge and standing in front of the goalie.

Devils see Nick Palmieri as NHL-caliber power forward | NJ.com

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to be a poor man's lucic in order to survive, hes not gonna have a long go at it in this league if hes trying to skate w the puck like he has so far in pre season. Just work the boards and make life hard on defenemen. He did that great last year. He needs to get back too it.

I know I might get crucified for saying this but he might be best served playing some monkey see monkey do w zubes

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its amazing to me that no one in the media or on boards is talking about how the emergence of sykora may have very well taken a spot away from henrique, for now at least, by pushing zubs back to center. and that can only be a testament to sykie

I'm not so sure that Henrique and Sykora are competing over the same spot. I think that if they believe Henrique's ready he's definitely ahead of Mills/Boulton/Pelly/Janssen/Sharkov, etc, etc. Only guy on the 4th line probably ahead of him is Steckel.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of poor man's Lucic, the guy that really needs to step it up and could be the guy is Clarkson. We've seen glimpses of 2nd line potential out of this guy and he should be a 2nd line winger, he has the talent. He's just too inconsistent and his head isn't in the game often enough. He needs to start justifying his contract.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of poor man's Lucic, the guy that really needs to step it up and could be the guy is Clarkson. We've seen glimpses of 2nd line potential out of this guy and he should be a 2nd line winger, he has the talent. He's just too inconsistent and his head isn't in the game often enough. He needs to start justifying his contract.

Agree totally....I keep waiting for him to be Randy McKay redux...still waiting.

Hopefully this will be his year

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to the lineups posted by chere (yes chere, so take with a grain of salt) tedenby is on the 5th line with boulton and mills.... uh oh.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair quite a few devils didn't justify their contracts last year.IMO clarky justified his much more than zubes last season .

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't lose sleep if we lose any of them however.

Nor will I at the least it seems they ate headed to Albany .sykora seems optimistic and was told to report to the next practice so I'm hoping they are working on something for him .either way i can't wait for Saturday drop the puck :Dl

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair quite a few devils didn't justify their contracts last year.IMO clarky justified his much more than zubes last season .

I wouldn't say that. I think they both underperformed last season for the $$ they are getting. I like Clarkson but last year was very disappointing. I do think he will step up this year but to say he justified his contract more than Zubrus (or anyone else) last year is a big stretch

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
according to the lineups posted by chere (yes chere, so take with a grain of salt) tedenby is on the 5th line with boulton and mills.... uh oh.

Teds is going to be fine I think. They only have 14 forwards left in camp after the waivers and that includes Boulton, Steckel, Jansen. He's not going anywhere.