• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Susac's Season is Over

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

Bochy said Susac will have his right wrist immobilized and will most likely be placed on the 60-day disabled list. San Francisco is recalling C Jackson Williams from Double-A Richmond. He is expected to join the team in time for Sunday's game.

Why not Trevor Brown? I would think he would be closer to Colorado anyway.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez could be done too, and Aoki. Jesus, this team is falling like flies.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

Bochy said Susac will have his right wrist immobilized and will most likely be placed on the 60-day disabled list. San Francisco is recalling C Jackson Williams from Double-A Richmond. He is expected to join the team in time for Sunday's game.

Why not Trevor Brown? I would think he would be closer to Colorado anyway.
I assume Williams got the call because 1) he is a non-prospect, 2) he has MLB experience and 3) he is a long-time Giant who they want to reward. I actually look at this as a potential good sign on Brown. They don't want to call him up before he is ready, and they feel he would not survive a DFA.

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume Williams got the call because 1) he is a non-prospect, 2) he has MLB experience and 3) he is a long-time Giant who they want to reward. I actually look at this as a potential good sign on Brown. They don't want to call him up before he is ready, and they feel he would not survive a DFA.
Good point on Williams. He's seen as a good defensive catcher (otherwise, how would he survive this long) so he may be able to help the staff in his time here. If Sanchez goes down though, do you think they will bring up Brown or even Ben Turner? Or I wonder if they will go after a vet in someone else's triple A team.

On a side note, I'm not sure they will have to dfa many players (if any) initially. Considering the team now has 9 potential free agents on the 40 man roster, I don't think they will have to worry about that unless they start signing a bunch of new free agents or re-sign a bulk of these guys.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was talk on the post game (forget if it was the wrap up or Marty) about Whiteside getting activated. Apparently he has always been an emergency option for the team anyway.

As for Brown surviving a DFA, I mean because they don't want to stash a guy on the 40 before they need to. They would have the room, no doubt. But if he is nit ready, why "waste" the slot?

Reactions: LHG

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was talk on the post game (forget if it was the wrap up or Marty) about Whiteside getting activated. Apparently he has always been an emergency option for the team anyway.

As for Brown surviving a DFA, I mean because they don't want to stash a guy on the 40 before they need to. They would have the room, no doubt. But if he is nit ready, why "waste" the slot?

See!! It's STILL Whiteside's fault!!