• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Surgeon general wants tobacco-style warning applied to social media platforms

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this makes so much more sense than banning its use … all our reports had to have footnotes or bibliographies … kryst, that’s what links are good for
We have a plagiarism policy. No citations = you plagiarized. We have a list that follows them through all 4 years and all departments in the school have access to the master spread sheet to add instances for a student.

1st offense - student redoes the assignment and their max grade is a 75 (likely won’t land here). Choosing not to redo gets you a 0 for that assignment

2nd offense - student redoes assignment and can’t get a grade higher than a 60. Student gets 10 demerits and has to complete a detention of an hour.

3rd offense - student is suspended for a week. Student gets a zero on the assignment and no ability to redo.

4th offense - student is expelled.

This year we had two students expelled and both were 9th graders. It’s clear early on who doesn’t want to assimilate to what’s being asked.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a plagiarism policy. No citations = you plagiarized. We have a list that follows them through all 4 years and all departments in the school have access to the master spread sheet to add instances for a student.

1st offense - student redoes the assignment and their max grade is a 75 (likely won’t land here). Choosing not to redo gets you a 0 for that assignment

2nd offense - student redoes assignment and can’t get a grade higher than a 60. Student gets 10 demerits and has to complete a detention of an hour.

3rd offense - student is suspended for a week. Student gets a zero on the assignment and no ability to redo.

4th offense - student is expelled.

This year we had two students expelled and both were 9th graders. It’s clear early on who doesn’t want to assimilate to what’s being asked.
are you private, charter, or public? … if public, what state?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you private, charter, or public? … if public, what state?
Parochial. It’s not private because we are a conglomerate of Catholic high schools under the guidance and jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. We do also have private schools in our area. Our plagiarism rules are designed at the school level for us. I’m not sure what other schools do. However, my colleague and I have been asked to present this August at another one of our schools to share with them what we do for plagiarism. It used to be a wide spread issue for us but our policies have cleared up a ton of it.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parochial. It’s not private because we are a conglomerate of Catholic high schools under the guidance and jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. We do also have private schools in our area. Our plagiarism rules are designed at the school level for us. I’m not sure what other schools do. However, my colleague and I have been asked to present this August at another one of our schools to share with them what we do for plagiarism. It used to be a wide spread issue for us but our policies have cleared up a ton of it.

those are pretty set for schools, but public schools are mandated to educate every student, so expelling them for plagiarism is difficult, if not impossible, without providing alternative schooling … my wife and I (to a lesser extent) have been in the middle of this in Massachusetts for decades … she designed her own alternative schools

Parochial schools here are considered private …