• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Supreme Court ruling...Dallas > Skins

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justice Scalia: ?I Hate The Redskins? « CBS DC

:laugh3:

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s opinions are often viewed as controversial.

This time, however, a question posed by the Houston Chronicle to the justice elicited an answer that may anger a new group of people – football fans in Washington, DC.

“I’m not really much of a football fan,” he told the paper, when asked whether or not he supports the Washington Redskins. “To the extent I am, I hate the Redskins. In fact, I always root for Dallas,” Scalia replied.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, that actually made me laugh out loud! What a contrarian. I love it. DC is no place to be if you dislike football, that's for sure. Poor Scalia.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, that actually made me laugh out loud! What a contrarian. I love it. DC is no place to be if you dislike football, that's for sure. Poor Scalia.

He's a smart guy, knows a winner :boink:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! His mama musta raised him wrong...:whistle:

ha, maybe. I have no idea where he grew up. I gotta admit, if I could raise a SC justice I'd be ok with him not being a football fan.

But I'd expect him to outlaw wins for all teams not based in Dallas or a surrounding suburb :ss:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha, maybe. I have no idea where he grew up. I gotta admit, if I could raise a SC justice I'd be ok with him not being a football fan.

But I'd expect him to outlaw wins for all teams not based in Dallas or a surrounding suburb :ss:

Of let him rule that the Skins name is racist:yahoo:
In all honesty I don't care what their name is but I'd love to see the uproar if they were forced to change it. Of course 99% of them will be claiming the name should have been changed 20 years ago, and their new name is better anyway.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of let him rule that the Skins name is racist:yahoo:
In all honesty I don't care what their name is but I'd love to see the uproar if they were forced to change it. Of course 99% of them will be claiming the name should have been changed 20 years ago, and their new name the Ass Wipes is better anyway.

Here's the thing though, if Snyder really is a smart business man he would change it and make it all about being sensitive to the Native American nation.

Guess what is going to happen? Every last item with the current logo and name is going to FLY off the shelves. Then guess what happens next, after everyone is done crying about "history"? Everyone is going to start replacing their old jerseys with the new ones, even if it is their same favorite player. Skins already have one of if not the top merchandise sales numbers, this would put them so far out in front the other teams would be jealous of the bankroll. And Snyder can play the victim card all the way to the bank and avoid all the tabloid "changing name to make a money grab" stuff.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing though, if Snyder really is a smart business man he would change it and make it all about being sensitive to the Native American nation.

Guess what is going to happen? Every last item with the current logo and name is going to FLY off the shelves. Then guess what happens next, after everyone is done crying about "history"? Everyone is going to start replacing their old jerseys with the new ones, even if it is their same favorite player. Skins already have one of if not the top merchandise sales numbers, this would put them so far out in front the other teams would be jealous of the bankroll. And Snyder can play the victim card all the way to the bank and avoid all the tabloid "changing name to make a money grab" stuff.

Agreed. The fact that Snyder was willing to sue an old lady, makes me surprised he hasn't already taken this track. Maybe he feels he needs to make it look like he will fight to the end until it get decided in court. At that time he'll hope like hell he loses and even throw out a sentence that he agrees but it doesn't matter because it's his team and he doesn't give a shit what the American Indians or the courts think.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, who knows? A name change may be coming. I don't really have an oar in this battle. I never thought of it as a racist name but these days you can't afford to be politically incorrect. I certainly don't think this team was named to insult Native Americans. But, then again, I'm not a Native American, so I can't speak for how they might feel about it.

I wanted to say that I appreciated the discourse I've had with almost every boys fan. Guess I won't post over here anymore, except maybe the smack talk thread occasionally, because I don't want to intrude and it seems like most cowboys fans would rather not have a skins fan posting anywhere else. I can respect that given the doggedness of a few skins posters. With that said, good luck this year and no injuries!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, who knows? A name change may be coming. I don't really have an oar in this battle. I never thought of it as a racist name but these days you can't afford to be politically incorrect. I certainly don't think this team was named to insult Native Americans. But, then again, I'm not a Native American, so I can't speak for how they might feel about it.

I wanted to say that I appreciated the discourse I've had with almost every boys fan. Guess I won't post over here anymore, except maybe the smack talk thread occasionally, because I don't want to intrude and it seems like most cowboys fans would rather not have a skins fan posting anywhere else. I can respect that given the doggedness of a few skins posters. With that said, good luck this year and no injuries!

I didn't want to scare the good posters off. Staying on topic and reasonable is all we ask. Not bringing up stuff that happened years ago on Disney as well. I have no problems with visitors as long as they leave their baggage outside and don't shit on the carpet :suds: