• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superflyer13's Etude

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt.

I was just reading up on them....turns out that they were supposed to have finished their new album and touring for it for the show I just seen with Anthrax and Death Angel, but.....they didn't play one song of any new material, so... who knows.

Ok...I found an update. The new cd "The Dark Roots of Earth" scheduled to be released April/early May 2012.

Sweet. That means a Testament concert next year.
rockingbanana.gif

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's yalls favorite Testament album?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow....that's a hard one bro..

I love a couple of songs off every album except Demonic, but.....if I had to pick a favorite it would have to The Gathering, followed closely by Damnation.

Why....do you dig their stuff too??

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love a couple of songs off every album except Demonic, but.....if I had to pick a favorite it would have to The Gathering, followed closely by Damnation.

That's my whole beef with Testament, I don't really like one album better than the others, Like I said, they had too much of a rotating door of band members to ever put together a good string of albums with constant chemistry, They've had awesome glimpses though and I do dig a lot of their shit....

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, but I'm a lot like SF in that regard. I like a lot of their individual songs, but not album after album. I got into them a little bit later since I found out about them in High School......so don't judge you dickheads, lol.....but my favorite overall album is "Low". I learned about them from that one and it's always been a sentimental favorite. I also like pretty much all of the songs on that album.

That's my whole beef with Testament, I don't really like one album better than the others, Like I said, they had too much of a rotating door of band members to ever put together a good string of albums with constant chemistry, They've had awesome glimpses though and I do dig a lot of their shit....

Yeah, me too man (in regards to Testament). I have really eclectic tastes in music too though, lol. I like anything from Led Zeppelin to Pantera, Testament and (some) Zakk Wylde to Grunge (Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam) to Oasis, to mellow ass stuff like Nick Drake and Elliott Smith. I'm all over the place. Hell, I even like Mac Dre and Dre Dog for rap :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, me too man (in regards to Testament). I have really eclectic tastes in music too though, lol. I like anything from Led Zeppelin to Pantera, Testament and (some) Zakk Wylde to Grunge (Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam) to Oasis, to mellow ass stuff like Nick Drake and Elliott Smith. I'm all over the place. Hell, I even like Mac Dre and Dre Dog for rap :D[/QUOTE]

Well you lost me with the rap, lol. Dude AIC is in my top 5 all time favs for sure.. I listen to a lot of shit myself. Even Classical..One of my hidden music passions is Rockabilly. Some of it awesome and some is off the wall. Either way I dig it.

Also I fucked your quote up but I'm high so who cares, lol..

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you lost me with the rap, lol. Dude AIC is in my top 5 all time favs for sure.. I listen to a lot of shit myself. Even Classical..One of my hidden music passions is Rockabilly. Some of it awesome and some is off the wall. Either way I dig it.

Also I fucked your quote up but I'm high so who cares, lol..

I actually like Classical too. One of my all time favorite songs for any kind of music is Moonlight Sonata. I really like some of Bach too. AIC is in my top 5 for sure too. Never gotten into Rockabilly, but I haven't heard much of it at all. My favorite hockey player of all time Felix Potvin (I love things from 1993, lol) is HUGE into Rockabilly. I think he's got a ton of tattoos of it and also helps bands out.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Classical too. One of my all time favorite songs for any kind of music is Moonlight Sonata. I really like some of Bach too. AIC is in my top 5 foroo. Never gotten into Rockabilly, but I haven't heard much of it at all. My favorite hockey player of all time Felix Potvin (I love things from 1993, lol) is HUGE into Rockabilly. I think he' sure ts got a ton of tattoos of it and also helps bands out.

Never knew that, Maybe Felix the Cat was for Cool Cat, lol. Rockabilly is an acquired taste. DOA is a punk band out of Canada that used to do charity hockey games too, I think their Canuck fans!:tsk::lol:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also SF, if you don't know about Mad Season, you should check them out. It's Layne Staley from AIC, Mike McCready from Pearl Jam and the Bassist and Drummer from Screaming Trees. Their album Above is amazing.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also SF, if you don't know about Mad Season, you should check them out. It's Layne Staley from AIC, Mike McCready from Pearl Jam and the Bassist and Drummer from Screaming Trees. Their album Above is amazing.

One of my favorite songs

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like blues Rock (Stevie ray etc)than this cat is probably the best guitarist you've never heard of.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my favorite songs

One of my favorites as well. I really love "Wake Up" and "River of Deceit", "Long Gone Day", "I Don't know a
Anything" are all awesome.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ Testament update ]

Here we go again gents... Bostaph has left the band. :frusty: IMO - The dude is easily in the top 5 of the metal drummers that are out there.

No worries though.. It seems that world class percussionist Gene Hogan has rejoined the boys to do the drum tracks for the upcoming album. Whether or not he tours with the band to support the cd is probably another thing entirely. :rolleyes: lol