• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns @ grizzlies

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bittersweet but I think missing the playoffs might benefit this team as it will give them another reason to come back next year with a vengeance. McGenius probably has a major move under his sleeve. And realistically speaking: Did we really want the playoffs only to lose in 4 or 5 games?

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hurts now but what an incredible run for this team that no one expected to do anything.
Very proud and our future looks bright.
Heads up everyone :suds:

UA_Stapler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game. Fuck sports.

I was there too! Suns showed a lot of fight, but ultimately the common bug-a-boos of poor low post defense, poor frontcourt rebounding, and low offensive production from the frontcourt reared their ugly head again. (Keef had a good season, Plumlee started strong then faded, Marcus and Frye "stretched the floor" not what we really need, and Len sported warm-ups most of the year)

If not for the late season swoon on defense, this team could have squeezed out another win or two and made the playoffs. I can't be too disappointed though, the expectations coming into the season were so low that I was rooting for tanking to get a high lottery pick. (btw - If the Lakers win the lottery, the FBI should investigate Adam Silver)

My buddy and I saw McDonough after the game and we told him "great season. great job". He said "thanks", but you could tell he was pissed off that we didn't win, which is great, that's the fire I want to see from our GM. ...just don't draft anymore Alex Len's.

Off-season should be interesting -
1. Dragic/Bledsoe/Green what combo is best for the long-run
2. What free agent forwards can we get who can rebound and defend
3. What do we do in the draft

Great years ahead for this team. I can't wait to celebrate our first title in 2053.

109_2046242c.jpg

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope that Plumlee and Frye are replaced with guys that can actually defend in e low post and score down there as well.

With two point guards especially, the Suns are not going to want a low-post power forward per se. Markieff Morris offers more interior scoring ability while also possessing some perimeter skills, and I would see him as the eventual replacement for Frye. Either way, the Suns need 'stretch fours.'

Ideally, Plumlee would be a backup center, but that status may depend upon Len's development. Phoenix could give Gasol a sniff this summer, but only at modest price.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there too! Suns showed a lot of fight, but ultimately the common bug-a-boos of poor low post defense, poor frontcourt rebounding, and low offensive production from the frontcourt reared their ugly head again. (Keef had a good season, Plumlee started strong then faded, Marcus and Frye "stretched the floor" not what we really need, and Len sported warm-ups most of the year)

If not for the late season swoon on defense, this team could have squeezed out another win or two and made the playoffs. I can't be too disappointed though, the expectations coming into the season were so low that I was rooting for tanking to get a high lottery pick. (btw - If the Lakers win the lottery, the FBI should investigate Adam Silver)

My buddy and I saw McDonough after the game and we told him "great season. great job". He said "thanks", but you could tell he was pissed off that we didn't win, which is great, that's the fire I want to see from our GM. ...just don't draft anymore Alex Len's.

Off-season should be interesting -
1. Dragic/Bledsoe/Green what combo is best for the long-run
2. What free agent forwards can we get who can rebound and defend
3. What do we do in the draft

... all three. Dragic and Bledsoe need to remain together, as the Suns constituted a much better team when both of them started. Green can be part of a three-guard rotation, or serve as the small forward (or both).

The Suns need 'stretch fours,' especially for the two-point guard offense to function effectively. Now, a 'stretch four' who can also score in the post may be ideal, and that player could be Markieff Morris. Better still would be an athletic center who can score in the post, thus better complementing the 'stretch fours' needed to space the court for multiple penetrators and playmakers.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Lebron PHX, LOL

UA_Stapler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... all three. Dragic and Bledsoe need to remain together, as the Suns constituted a much better team when both of them started. Green can be part of a three-guard rotation, or serve as the small forward (or both).

The Suns need 'stretch fours,' especially for the two-point guard offense to function effectively. Now, a 'stretch four' who can also score in the post may be ideal, and that player could be Markieff Morris. Better still would be an athletic center who can score in the post, thus better complementing the 'stretch fours' needed to space the court for multiple penetrators and playmakers.

I guess my point is that we really only need one guy to stretch the floor. I just see Frye and Marcus as providing the same thing. I'd rather deal one of them for someone who can provide more rebounding and interior D.

I worry that players like to 'stretch the floor' as an excuse to jack threes and not crash the boards.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my point is that we really only need one guy to stretch the floor. I just see Frye and Marcus as providing the same thing. I'd rather deal one of them for someone who can provide more rebounding and interior D.

I worry that players like to 'stretch the floor' as an excuse to jack threes and not crash the boards.

The Suns possess a bit of a surplus with that type of player, so neither Frye nor Marcus Morris would be indispensable. However, since neither player is worthy of major minutes (say, in the neighborhood of 35 per game), the team needs multiple individuals who can fill that function. Now, maybe Markieff Morris can improve his three-point shooting to the point where Frye becomes truly expendable, but I don't know if the Suns are quite at that point yet. I imagine that Phoenix will want to keep the Morris twins together, and if the Suns eventually trade Frye, then Markieff will probably become the starter, as opposed to an import.

I still think that given what point guards are accustomed to in today's NBA, and especially given an offense that features two point guards simultaneously, you want the court spacing that a three-point shooting power forward provides. That element allowed Nash to maximize his game, and the Suns missed it last season with Frye out and Luis Scola starting at power forward. Even though Scola is a better all-around player than Frye, the offense did not spread and flow as well without the latter.

Of course, these 'stretch fours' do possess their limitations, and that's why a center with a credible post-up game—who is also athletic enough to constitute a scoring threat on the high pick-and-roll—would be ideal. Optimally, Alex Len would be that guy, but ...

Imagine if the Suns had traded Nash prior to the 2012 season, as I was advocating, and landed Anthony Davis in that draft ... instead of Kendall Marshall ...

Last edited by a moderator: