• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sunday November 13, 2022

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. I am about the team more than the players (although if that scenario happened, I really would have a tough time rooting for that asshole Rodgers).

Team respect is why I can't stand Adrian Peterson to this day. He was my favorite player until he blamed the team for his problems that he created himself by beating his son with a switch.
In addition to my other response, I think you like this. For the team to which I am referring, we had 4 season tickets for 81 games (at the time that was about $8000 plus whatever else was spent at each game) mostly given to large customers. When it came time to renew our season tickets, my marketing contact called. Now as I said they only bought about $2000 worth of our product, for perspective the customers to whom I gave tickets were in the $500,000 plus range.
I asked her if she could talk to the purchasing department to start buying our products again (the product is visible to the public which is why I was willing to even sell directly to this customer rather than a wholesaler of our products).
She told me that she did not have any influence with purchasing department.
I told her that while for the company where she worked, she had no influence with her purchasing people, for the company where I worked, I did. I cancelled our season tickets. Her immediate response was "that's not fair". I told her to take it up with purchasing.