• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suhspension?

Suhspension?

• Yes, dirty play

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • No, accident

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Fine, no suspension

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Why are we always stepping on people

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the NFL suspend Suh for doing the moonwalk all over ARodgs bum ankle?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll come in first with a big hell yes. If the commissioner has a pair Suh gets suspended.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fan of either team but that looked really bad, especially with his history of being dirty like that in the past.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one to call really. Obviously we all know he did it on purpose. But if he had actually done it on accident it would have looked pretty much the same as it did. It wasn't as blatant as his last one or Raiola's. So to actually punish him for it, you're basically saying you know his intent and his inner thoughts. If it was a regular season game I would fine him and no suspension, because we don't know his intent. But to fine him and not suspend him for a playoff game, especially after giving Dom one game when precedent is set as a 2 game suspension already makes him look kinda chicken shit.

But after refs absolutely handing games to Lions opponents twice this season, to have our star player be the first player in Goodell's whole reign as commish to be suspended for a playoff game makes the NFL look as crooked and scripted as the NBA or WWE.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for the compromise position that you fine him but not suspend him. It looked intentional, but stepping and stomping are much different, IMHO.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will come up with some legal mumbojumbo to delay making a decision until after the season if they do anything at all. My guess is they do nothing, but come up with some bogus committee to address it later.

Anyone who knows Goodell knows he is about the money. No money in suspending Suh. Much more controversy is an added bonus to create more viewers next week.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if they will suspend him. To be honest, he could've made an attempt to get off of him sooner. But it wasnt anywhere near as bad as Raiola. Had Rodgers not already been hurt I wouldn't think it'd be as big a deal.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one to call really. Obviously we all know he did it on purpose. But if he had actually done it on accident it would have looked pretty much the same as it did. It wasn't as blatant as his last one or Raiola's. So to actually punish him for it, you're basically saying you know his intent and his inner thoughts. If it was a regular season game I would fine him and no suspension, because we don't know his intent. But to fine him and not suspend him for a playoff game, especially after giving Dom one game when precedent is set as a 2 game suspension already makes him look kinda chicken shit.

But after refs absolutely handing games to Lions opponents twice this season, to have our star player be the first player in Goodell's whole reign as commish to be suspended for a playoff game makes the NFL look as crooked and scripted as the NBA or WWE.

Most guys who happened to step on someone or something that he obviously knew was not the playing field would turn and make a jester of sportsmanship...IMO He did not and just walked away as if nothing happened at all. To me it shows intent on his part. Had he turned and tried to help him up and say sorry, he prolly gets away with it even if it was on purpose or not.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most guys who happened to step on someone or something that he obviously knew was not the playing field would turn and make a jester of sportsmanship...IMO He did not and just walked away as if nothing happened at all. To me it shows intent on his part. Had he turned and tried to help him up and say sorry, he prolly gets away with it even if it was on purpose or not.

Not caring is not a suspendable or even fineable offense. You have no idea what his intent was. Just because he does not care does not mean he was trying to purposely injure.

It would have been smart to do the fake "Oh I am so sorry" routine, but it will not add up to a hill of beans.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the standard used by the NFL in determining whether to issue punishment in this kind of case? Anybody know? Does it have to be intentional, or is being reckless or negligent enough to warrant discipline? How about the weight of the evidence? Does it have to be beyond a reasonable doubt, or is a lesser showing sufficient?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuhrer Gooddell does what he wants. That is the standard.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not caring is not a suspendable or even fineable offense. You have no idea what his intent was. Just because he does not care does not mean he was trying to purposely injure.

It would have been smart to do the fake "Oh I am so sorry" routine, but it will not add up to a hill of beans.

Correct, I do not know his intent. Somehow I notice you do though. As you have called it accident all night.

You see guys get stepped on a lot in games. You also see many guys try and jerk their leg back up because they know there is a another player beneath them. You will not convince me to see it your way OL. I feel his second step was on purpose.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ain't the NBA some of these guys Don't like each other. That is OK. Guy has 202/20 vision out the back of his head to purposely step perfectly on Rodgers. Feel bad for his kids they won't ever get away with shit. (sarcasm)

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, I do not know his intent. Somehow I notice you do though. As you have called it accident all night.

You see guys get stepped on a lot in games. You also see many guys try and jerk their leg back up because they know there is a another player beneath them. You will not convince me to see it your way OL. I feel his second step was on purpose.

I do not know for sure either. Basing on the fact that he was never facing Rogers at any time during the play. Does he have special powers that allows him to know where Rogers scrawny chicken leg is that he can locate it twice while looking in the opposite direction. How does he know where the guys leg is going to be even after he stepped on it the first time. Does not know if the guy is going to move it ( and most people would assume that he would move it). There was also nothing erratic at all about his movement either. Look at Dom's and it easy to see he had a different motion and movement on the second step so there was not much doubt that his was intentional.

It takes a whole lot of presumption to conclude that it was on purpose. You have every right to believe whatever you want though. I am just trying to be more rational and scientific about it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ain't the NBA some of these guys Don't like each other. That is OK. Guy has 202/20 vision out the back of his head to purposely step perfectly on Rodgers. Feel bad for his kids they won't ever get away with shit. (sarcasm)

You could have saved me a lot of typing if you posted a minute earlier. :lol:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll come in first with a big hell yes. If the commissioner has a pair Suh gets suspended.

If that unintentional act deserves a suspension than the player that slapped Stafford in the head should miss a couple of games.