• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sucks that Boston won

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then again what can you expect when a team has double your payroll. It's like an MMA fight with a heavyweight vs a welterweight. Yeah the welterweight could win, but the odds are stacked against them. Maybe one day MLB will have a cap but I doubt it. Just another reason football is better.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then again what can you expect when a team has double your payroll. It's like an MMA fight with a heavyweight vs a welterweight. Yeah the welterweight could win, but the odds are stacked against them. Maybe one day MLB will have a cap but I doubt it. Just another reason football is better.

It's also convenient when the whole team is juicing after a tragedy and MLB looks the other way.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They didn't win because of their payroll. Nobody expected them to win anything this season after last year, give them alot of credit for coming together as a team & proving everybody wrong. who would of thought Victorino would be huge for them when he was garbage his last 2 seasons.

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't win because of their payroll. Nobody expected them to win anything this season after last year, give them alot of credit for coming together as a team & proving everybody wrong. who would of thought Victorino would be huge for them when he was garbage his last 2 seasons.

Go ahead and cut 50M off their team and tell me they still win. Who did they not need? Ortiz? Have to have him. Victorino? Same. There are only 2 players that weren't probably needed for Boston. Dempster and Drew. That's it.

Money makes a huge difference. For example, lets say I decided to spend twice the amount of salary of your dodgers. First move I make is to give $400 million to steal Clayton Kershaw. Are you saying that won't make a difference? All it takes is a couple moves like that and I've almost guaranteed a playoff spot with a good chance of winning it all. Baseball is a business. The team with the most resources wins a majority of the time. You know the last time a small market team won? The Marlins 10 years ago. Parity in baseball is the worst of the 4 major sports with only basketball even in the conversation.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l_7ae844a55e024626cf6d3b9cb4da6f-1.jpg

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won because they juice, because nobody who they signed got injured (because they juice), and because they spent a shitload of money.

It can't be because of the manager -he's even worse than Girardi.

It can't be because of their horrific beards.

And it can't be because of Ellsbury being injury free, though I think he would be an excellent free agent signing for the right price.

Sucks bigtime that a team as unlikable as the Yankees won it all.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does suck but you could see the way Farrell changed the clubhouse mentality, plus with the way they work counts and make pitchers work that's a credit to them. You could see by May they had a very well rounded team. The Orioles could take a cue from their plate approach, which is the polar opposite.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their payroll has nothing to do with their having had their worst manager since the 1970s last year.

I've been calling that vacant skull "Not-My-Valentine," but may start calling him "Sobby Valentine". It's closer to his "Bobby" and refers to what the memory of last year tempts Red Sox fans to do.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a Red Sox fan I wish they had a salary cap and evened the playing field, but I don't mind winning either.:yahoo:

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a Red Sox fan I wish they had a salary cap and evened the playing field, but I don't mind winning either.:yahoo:
I can't blame you. When you are a fan of the team, it doesn't matter how they won. I would just be more impressed if you guys had done it with a middle of the pack payroll. Like I'm a fan of the Carolina hurricanes and the Miami heat. I felt so much pride when my canes won in 2006. The heat? I expect them to win with their payroll and stars every year. I'm still happy they won last year but its less special.

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their payroll has nothing to do with their having had their worst manager since the 1970s last year.

I've been calling that vacant skull "Not-My-Valentine," but may start calling him "Sobby Valentine". It's closer to his "Bobby" and refers to what the memory of last year tempts Red Sox fans to do.

The O's lucked out that he turned them down.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chris davis hit 53 hr's.

Ortiz hit 30

who's "juicing"?

this thread = FAIL

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chris davis hit 53 hr's.

Ortiz hit 30

who's "juicing"?

this thread = FAIL

Chris Davis: 20+ homers in the second half of last year, continuing the trend into this year.

Big Juici: got caught juicing already, power numbers down since 2010, suddenly a late career resurgence?!?!

You = EPIC FAIL

Kindly, shut the fuck up. :suds:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Davis: 20+ homers in the second half of last year, continuing the trend into this year.

Big Juici: got caught juicing already, power numbers down since 2010, suddenly a late career resurgence?!?!

You = EPIC FAIL

Kindly, shut the fuck up. :suds:

Stats say otherwise.

2010: .529 SLG%
2011: .554 SLG%
2012: .611 SLG%
2013: .564 SLG%

And before you say "he only hit 23 home runs" last year... keep in mind he played only 90 games last year. By that logic, Russell Branyan wasn't a power hitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats say otherwise.

2010: .529 SLG%
2011: .554 SLG%
2012: .611 SLG%
2013: .564 SLG%

And before you say "he only hit 23 home runs" last year... keep in mind he played only 90 games last year. By that logic, Russell Branyan wasn't a power hitter.

Ummm...so what?

Hrs down, doubles up, hits up. The sox paying big Juici all that money at 36 yrs old to be a doubles hitter?!?!

Yeah, probably not.

He couldn't hit the ball out anymore, was oft injured, then got his cousin to buy his juice for him, the boston bombing happened, Boston players made started growing those horrific beards, boston fans adopted super-lame slogans like "B strong," Bud Selig looked the other way, and the BoSox juiced their way to a title.

It happens.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...so what?

Hrs down, doubles up, hits up. The sox paying big Juici all that money at 36 yrs old to be a doubles hitter?!?!

Yeah, probably not.

He couldn't hit the ball out anymore, was oft injured, then got his cousin to buy his juice for him, the boston bombing happened, Boston players made started growing those horrific beards, boston fans adopted super-lame slogans like "B strong," Bud Selig looked the other way, and the BoSox juiced their way to a title.

It happens.

counting stats aren't the best way to measure power. And you fail to take playing time into account.

He had 103 hits in 2012 in 90 games. 26 were doubles and 23 were home runs. His ISO (isolated power, which is SLG-BA) was .293. This year, he had 160 hits in 137 games. 38 were doubles, 2 triples, and 30 HR. His ISO this year was .255. That's a pretty big decrease.

Thanks for playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
counting stats aren't the best way to measure power. And you fail to take playing time into account.

He had 103 hits in 2012 in 90 games. 26 were doubles and 23 were home runs. His ISO (isolated power, which is SLG-BA) was .293. This year, he had 160 hits in 137 games. 38 were doubles, 2 triples, and 30 HR. His ISO this year was .255. That's a pretty big decrease.

Thanks for playing.

"Counting stats aren't the best way to measure power," you start your drivel with. Then what do you do?

Count stats.

You losers aren't that bright, are you?

Enjoy you tainted series win. Nobody likes or respects the Red Sox, but why do you care? You people "B strong," or something silly like that.

See you next year.