• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Succession

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although I agree with your assessment, and liked it for that too... I just did not like how they handled the Kendall part... not that I want happy endings or anything... I don't care for that, especially if forced... but it really seemed weird to me how he was really the only LOSER... sure roman got nothing, but his life aint changing for nothing.....

I again can only think the writers were punishing Kendall, and I just don't get why... was it so we can feel bad for him??

I disagree about tom though... he totally won... he was always a kiss ass... that was his thing... now he is a kiss ass and a yes man with a title... but he got that title because shiv said he would be that...

I was also rooting for the Roys over Maatson... Maatson was just as bad as the Roys.. but showed nobody any respect... so it wasn't like there was a BEST scenario for this company... so I thought it was going to stay in the family...

I just think the Kendall and the kids part was mostly as mentioned more of an excuse for Shiv to justify. Was it a little forced since it really hadnt even been touched on since end of s3? Probably. But I dont think it was out of character for Shiv and then Roman with the bastard children comments. Like I said all scumbags so it all fit even if it was a bit "convenient" usage to pile onto Kendall.

I also dont think it was just to punish Kendall. It looks more like that because he was the one truly with the most to lose. Being the successor was literally his lifes purpose. Shiv and Roman both wanted some power but for them it was more pride/almost competitive. Kendall has always been a depressed loser whose socially awkward dropping "bros" to people. Being the eldest boy was quite literally his life calling.

As for Tom, dont get me wrong he certainly didnt lose. And him/Greg definitely played the game the smartest. I just dont have him as a total winner because as you mentioned its more so having money/title his power is still not there.Hes still gonna be a punching bag and in return punching bag Greg. They just both have better security. Also I use my imagination a bit that having Shiv in the picture will probably cloud things a bit for him.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I just thought there were two obvious alternatives: one of the Roys would take over the company (which seemed doubtful given the premise), or the sale would go through. I expected something not obvious, like Sandy making a move, or Conner doing something weird to dissolve the company and break it up. Oh well, it was worth the watch, better than most stuff out there these days.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the ending fine.. Kendall was always the least likeable and sympathetic character for me.. not than any of them was very likeable or sympathetic. Decent wrap-up for a great show.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last two episodes have gotten a lot of praise from the critics.
My wife and I both thought they were poorly written and some of the motivations/decisions didn't make sense.

I thought the ending was kind of meh. It was okay, but the whole "Shocking finale!!!!!" thing didn't happen at all.

I just finished

They were awful

They don’t properly explain how the regulatory stuff got cleared up when two presidential candidates were both going to kill it

They don’t mention the sending blood to an employee thing again, that or India should’ve killed the deal. A cfo would’ve bailed after India 100%

They also leave out Pierce, which would’ve made this offer trash

They ignored half the ground work to come back to some half as story that still isn’t clear if it’s true or not

And they wait until just then to make it happen?

It was bullshit
A terrible ending for a show that deserved better

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the ending was great.

Having none of them "win" was always the logical way. Hell, even Tom I dont think fully won.

But the siblings from the very beginning have always been pieces of shit. All 3 of them. Connor being irrelevent.

So it makes sense that in the end they were never going to agree on who was the best option. Never going to truly come together. And Shiv also saw that while not a "win" having a kid with the guy on top was the best option of all the options headlined by shitbags.

And it was great to see the contrast at the end with Roman and Kendall. Roman was basically at peace with the stress of it all being over and Kendall likely offed himself 2 minutes after the show ended.

Business wise shiv was Connor with tits

It made zero sense why she was so involved in this from the start

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although I agree with your assessment, and liked it for that too... I just did not like how they handled the Kendall part... not that I want happy endings or anything... I don't care for that, especially if forced... but it really seemed weird to me how he was really the only LOSER... sure roman got nothing, but his life aint changing for nothing.....

I again can only think the writers were punishing Kendall, and I just don't get why... was it so we can feel bad for him??

I disagree about tom though... he totally won... he was always a kiss ass... that was his thing... now he is a kiss ass and a yes man with a title... but he got that title because shiv said he would be that...

I was also rooting for the Roys over Maatson... Maatson was just as bad as the Roys.. but showed nobody any respect... so it wasn't like there was a BEST scenario for this company... so I thought it was going to stay in the family...

They almost had to

The biggest issue with the show is that Kendall is the only one who is even remotely qualified to be the successor

The others don’t even work in the damn business

It was just laughable

Kendall winning would’ve been almost boring even if the logical one