• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Subway Series!

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Darren focused. His walks are up -- compared to his two previous seasons -- but he is still the savior of the BP. He's the best for pressure situations.

A sweep would have been nice, but swatting the annoying insects from DC in a tight game that they thought they could win is just as gratifying.

Okay, Birds ... let's close out the first half of the season by kicking some Skankee ass!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that is baffled that this team is 9 games over .500? Our starting catcher is done for the year (and haven't seen too much from the replacements to give me hope about any of them putting up good numbers), nobody in the infield is really hitting all that well and our starting pitching is way too inconsistent. While it could partially be that the rest of the AL East teams are having issues as well, I still haven't seen anything from the games I've watched to think that this team is no better than a .500 team.

Please feel free to tell me why I'm wrong or stuff that I might be missing because I am not able to catch all of the games.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that is baffled that this team is 9 games over .500? Our starting catcher is done for the year (and haven't seen too much from the replacements to give me hope about any of them putting up good numbers), nobody in the infield is really hitting all that well and our starting pitching is way too inconsistent. While it could partially be that the rest of the AL East teams are having issues as well, I still haven't seen anything from the games I've watched to think that this team is no better than a .500 team.

Please feel free to tell me why I'm wrong or stuff that I might be missing because I am not able to catch all of the games.

Nope, you hit the nail on the head. We are the best of the worst of the AL East.