• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stopping Calvin Johnson

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Niners are looking for CC to shadow CJ or anything. I seen where Fangio said that he'll be defended by whichever cb is in the slot that he lines up at.
To tell you the truth, the only way to slow a player like him up is to beat him up before he beats you up. The secondary is going to have to hit him HARD every chance they get. They're going to have to take a couple of 15 yard penalties from head hunting and everything. They have to be bullies out there to try to force him into a bit of alligator arms. If you can't get into his head then he'll just destroy you.:think:

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Niners are looking for CC to shadow CJ or anything. I seen where Fangio said that he'll be defended by whichever cb is in the slot that he lines up at.
To tell you the truth, the only way to slow a player like him up is to beat him up before he beats you up. The secondary is going to have to hit him HARD every chance they get. They're going to have to take a couple of 15 yard penalties from head hunting and everything. They have to be bullies out there to try to force him into a bit of alligator arms. If you can't get into his head then he'll just destroy you.:think:

It'd be easier just to do that to Stafford, get him off his game and then the passes won't come out very accurate. I don't doubt that the 49ers will have a good game plan in the secondary for him with Ed Donatell. Hopefully Ed can pull another rabbit out of his hat like he did against the Bucs. Get the DBs so prepared that they know exactly what Calvin and the rest of the WRs are going to do.

We'll just have to wait and see though, Megatron is a wildcard. Even the best laid plans may not work, because if he's on... he's on.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You have to be physical with him. Like the article said we play a lot of man with safety help. You just just have to be aggessive at the line and jam Johnson and hope the safety has your back.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be physical with him. Like the article said we play a lot of man with safety help. You just just have to be aggessive at the line and jam Johnson and hope the safety has your back.

Definitely. The 49ers cannot do what Chicago did on his TD pass, let him come off the line of scrimmage cleanly and then just run right past the safeties too.. that was very dumb of the Bears.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to stopping Calvin Johnson is stopping Matthew Stafford. Now, you can say this for every WR, but this is especially true for CJ because we don't have anyone close anything physically to Johnson in our defensive backfield. If we hit Stafford early and throw his timing off then maybe we can keep Johnson from killing us (although I expect some ridiculous plays by him anyway).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we won't be able to stop him. our front 7 should be able to control the run game and our secondary can focus on containing megatron. basically he needs to be double teamed all game.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im hoping stafford leaves out of plays on the field. Last week I saw Stafford miss open WRs deep 3-4 times. So im hoping that if we blow a coverage Stafford makes one of those bad throws.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Harbaugh implies Culliver will get to guard CJ and no one says a word

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To defeat Megatron, we must destroy his Spark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(QB)

If Culliver shuts him down for an unknown reason, i vote Starscream to be his moniker.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Culliver shuts him down for an unknown reason, i vote Starscream to be his moniker.

Not to geek out or anything...but Starscream failed Megatron all the time so it wouldn't fit for Culliver shutting him down..... Unless you play it like he failed him by shutting him down?? Cause if he played like shit and Johnson had a big game, it's like he did good. So in this sense Starscream would work. Either way I have to go do some.... tough guy stuff, after this display.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to geek out or anything...but Starscream failed Megatron all the time so it wouldn't fit for Culliver shutting him down..... Unless you play it like he failed him by shutting him down?? Cause if he played like shit and Johnson had a big game, it's like he did good. So in this sense Starscream would work. Either way I have to go do some.... tough guy stuff, after this display.

To continue the "geek" talk, Starscream was Megatron's 2nd in-command, an ambitious type who, with high skill, attempted over and over to overthrow Megatron....

Due to his gimmick being an aerial type Decepticon, I feel both his aggressive ambition to dethrone Megatron and his speed/aerial ability(CB... so i stretch it), i feel Culliver translation into the world of transformers would best be that of Starscream.

Now back to booty texting..... get my allspark on shoo.... :third:

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im hoping stafford leaves out of plays on the field. Last week I saw Stafford miss open WRs deep 3-4 times. So im hoping that if we blow a coverage Stafford makes one of those bad throws.

Hell, I hope he makes one of those bad throws when we ARE in coverage...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To continue the "geek" talk, Starscream was Megatron's 2nd in-command, an ambitious type who, with high skill, attempted over and over to overthrow Megatron....

Due to his gimmick being an aerial type Decepticon, I feel both his aggressive ambition to dethrone Megatron and his speed/aerial ability(CB... so i stretch it), i feel Culliver translation into the world of transformers would best be that of Starscream.

Now back to booty texting..... get my allspark on shoo.... :third:

Skyfire...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread is officially a nerd herd

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver might be Skyfire but does that make P willie Grimlock?

That actually works pretty well for me! I think the Niners and Hasbro are missing a nice marketing campaign here.

"Me P-Will, me eat ur RB!"