• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stevie Y is considered for Tampa GM!

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that, it could be a good opportunity for him. There's lots of pieces to work with down there, lots of young talent and some vets he could move. I wonder if Stevie wants to pack up his family and move all the way across the country, though.

Pretty nice of the Wings to give Tampa permission to talk to Yzerman, though... they never used to do that when teams went after Bowman (then again, when I say "teams", I mean "the Leafs").

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it would be win-win if Stevie Y got the post. Yzerman is easily one of my top five all-time favorite non-Flyers. His combination of talent and class made him our generation's Jean Beliveau.

I think this would be a great opportunity for him to grow on the business side of the sport. He wouldn't face the same sort of pressure as he would if it were in a hockey hot-bed like Detroit or Montreal, and I think his demeanor would be suited to things like talent evaluation and negotiations.

Tampa gets a guy with name recognition and credibility. Sometimes off-ice personnel can do more to renew a franchise than the on-ice talent. It's not out of the realm of possibility to think Yzerman goes there and re-energizes the organization.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Sounds like the new owner is going to try and win or something. Doesn't he know that kind of attitude is frowned upon in all Florida based sports teams?

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that, it could be a good opportunity for him. There's lots of pieces to work with down there, lots of young talent and some vets he could move.

That Lightning team looks to have most of the pieces in place to become a contender. They almost remind me of when the Caps began to turn the corner a couple years ago. The only difference is that guys like St. Louis and Lecavlier are ready to win now. Their experience can only help in that process.

I hope he gets it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Sutter's master plan at work here...Stevie Y goes to Tampa, and then swings a deal sending Martin St. Louis to Calgary for Cory Sarich. It's almost like having Stevie Y as GM of the Flames. Very shrewd and crafty.

The Soggy one

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see Sutter's master plan at work here...Stevie Y goes to Tampa, and then swings a deal sending Martin St. Louis to Calgary for Cory Sarich. It's almost like having Stevie Y as GM of the Flames. Very shrewd and crafty.

haha sutters a genius