• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Sabol dies at age 69 of brain cancer

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When I saw him give his speech at Ed Sabol's HoF induction, I was so encouraged that he would beat this thing. Terrible loss to the world of football and film.

I remember at 7 years old getting up at 5AM before anyone else in the house was up to go watch Super Bowl Memories quietly in the living room. His films shaped my initial love for the game of football. I hope his ending came peacefully.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is strange that him and his dad were like indie film guys back not forever ago and today the NFL is LORD.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sad day for his family and the NFL world.

Him and his father were innovators not just for the NFL but for all of sports when it comes to fans being able to see a whole new level of what occurs during the games and outside of it.

Can you imagine all the moments that would've been lost to history without NFL films?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad day for his family and the NFL world.

Him and his father were innovators not just for the NFL but for all of sports when it comes to fans being able to see a whole new level of what occurs during the games and outside of it.

Can you imagine all the moments that would've been lost to history without NFL films?

Great post - I agree!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to watch the NFL Films team yearbooks and episodes religiously on ESPN. One of the best addictions I've ever had.